It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power of positive group thought, let's ALL send wildfire relief to Texas!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
My idea is simple and is stated in the subject. Let's begin with the reason why the majority of you are on here, it's because perhaps on some fundamental level you believe in the power of the human mind and/or paranormal experiences, things that currently 'defy' science. Even if you don't believe in anything paranormal, you are at least here because you have some shared interest in it or maybe wish it were true. The power of positive thinking and belief of one individual can be incredibly powerful for him/her depending on their level of conviction. I believe that that power is amplified all the more when many minds come together, and can even be focused on specific areas outside of the people themselves. A global consciousness in a sense.

Texas is being ravaged, they've sustained virtual statewide forest and scrub fires for 300 solid days now. Thousands upon thousands have been displaced, and many have lost homes, entire livelihoods, possessions, land, pets, and even loved ones. The amount of suffering and people that this is affecting is alarmingly high, yet the solution is so simple (if only Mother Nature would agree and acquiesce). Water. Texas needs water! For the past month the East Coast has been INUNDATED with hurricanes/tropical storms, flash flooding, and record rainfall. Even today people are losing homes to the floods, the opposite of what our friends over in Texas are losing in the fires.

I live on the East Coast but can't stand to read about the sad, sad stories and losses over there. What if it happened to you? Work with me, and believe with me - if nothing else TEST it out with me! Please send your power of positive thought and all the energy that you muster for it to rain over vast swaths of that state. I believe in a global consciousness as I said, I believe in the power of positive thought, and I believe we can make a difference if we (quite literally) put our minds to it.

So here it is, here is a great test for us. Let's all begin a general focus on the want, need, and desire to have quenching rains in portions of Texas. Let their rivers swell and flow down so more can be used by the brave individuals fighting the fires and saving lives. Let it rain down on the ash and dust and extinguish the smaller blazes, and work from there. Let's all agree to focus a general sentiment on that, and at 9:00pm Eastern Time every night, DEVOUTLY FOCUS all of your energy and mind power on this for a solid 5-10 minutes. With all of our minds focusing at that particular time, perhaps we can make a difference for the poor folks experiencing this tragedy!!

edit on 7-9-2011 by Ajax because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
if your idea has merit then it is equally probable that the fires were caused by Texan's NEGATIVE thoughts.

its a big state, not sure we can fight that much karma.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ajax

It would be a good experiment. If it works then maybe we can get the NWO crowd banished to the moon. Right now I am the point of trying anything.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Its really a shame,texas is paying for the sins of the bush family

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I am going to step in here and defend Texans.

To the OP, I appreciate what you are doing. I like the idea of sending "positive brain-flak" to do works of good. We need all of the help we can get.

I exclude myself from this group, but Texas is not full of negative people. I personally am not a negative person, but how are you to know that when I get on ATS and spew my own negative reactions to the injustices of the world.
In short, my apologies for adding to the general concensus that Texas is full of negative poeple. It is just not true.

There are plenty of instances where "positive thought projection", or comperable "power of prayer", depending on one's beliefs, has made a difference in different situations. People's positive vibes can do no harm. Anybody who helps in this has my appreciation.

Though I am not near the fires, my Aunt had to evacuate. So it is a personal deal for me.

Thank you OP. Texas thanks you.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bobaganoosh
I am going to step in here and defend Texans.

To the OP, I appreciate what you are doing. I like the idea of sending "positive brain-flak" to do works of good. We need all of the help we can get.

I exclude myself from this group, but Texas is not full of negative people. I personally am not a negative person, but how are you to know that when I get on ATS and spew my own negative reactions to the injustices of the world.
In short, my apologies for adding to the general concensus that Texas is full of negative poeple. It is just not true.

There are plenty of instances where "positive thought projection", or comperable "power of prayer", depending on one's beliefs, has made a difference in different situations. People's positive vibes can do no harm. Anybody who helps in this has my appreciation.

Though I am not near the fires, my Aunt had to evacuate. So it is a personal deal for me.

Thank you OP. Texas thanks you.

I thought it would be a good experiment, especially with all of the self-professed 'psychics' and 'telekinetics' posting on here. At the very least it would bring some attention to a real world topic. Apparently our amazingly gifted minds are more concerned with super-powers and why their clocks always read 11:11. Sorry Bobaganoosh, I tried, but people seem to be ambivalent towards Texas for some irrational reason.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ajax

My energy is with you in sending positive vibrations towards the Texas area of the Americanaz. Thanks for caring.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
if your idea has merit then it is equally probable that the fires were caused by Texan's NEGATIVE thoughts.

Thank you for yet more negativity. The world is too happy as it is.

OP, and other positive people, thank you for the well-wishes. We need all of the positive energy you can send!

/TOA

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

These are natural events, which happens to be undesirable to people. People want to change this, and change that, so that they can feel better, but it's not about changing things in order to feel love or to be happy, it's about loving things as they are and knowing that it will eventually be OK. Because, it will be.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
In regards to going to assist. It's best if you contact the Texas Forestry Service and see what if anything they can use your assistance with. Really depends on your level of training. Last I heard they were requiring any firefighter personnel to have a valid red card and to check in with Forestry services. However, they had also stated earlier today that the fires were 30% contained, although it's probably much less than that in reality... I work in Emergency Management and this is what was explained to me the past few days.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

These are natural events, which happens to be undesirable to people. People want to change this, and change that, so that they can feel better, but it's not about changing things in order to feel love or to be happy, it's about loving things as they are and knowing that it will eventually be OK. Because, it will be.

Forgive me, but I don't love the fact that people died of smoke inhalation in a fiery conflagration. Call me crazy, but I also don't think it's out of line to want some relief from tremendous pain and suffering for innocent victims in this world. Your belief structure may motivate you to not care about 'this world' and just accept everything that happens, as something better waits in the future after we're gone. But in the meantime how about trying to be a little less callous? This could be your family.
edit on 8-9-2011 by Ajax because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ajax

Happy they are getting some rain for now. Would be smart to build irrigation ponds when possible or have them pre built for later rains.

top topics

join