It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon To Have No-fly Zones By Month End

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by angus1745

Originally posted by Tahnya86
reply to post by buskey

You know, i could turn around and ridicuel the OP but i wont, i have had plentty of people put me down for things iv posted, probebly because im a girl? i dont know, i say "i dont know if this is true but here goes" and i still copped it, anyways, i think if there is so callled moon trafic then there must be allot more shuttles and craft going into space let alone flying past the moon,hmmm, with all the secrecey its not impossable, but also there is definantly suspicious here, more so, i am curious as to what will be done about the ufos,aliens and becons? sure either NASA "as rumored" has contact with ET's, more then likely, and have made some agreement to keep out of sight out of mind? if not, maybe if the frequency in space is as much as the visitations we see on earth is hard to hide, then maybe we can be looking at disclosure soon? i think there serriosley needs to be allot more research on this, wether or not this artical is true i still wonder about how, NASA has managed in co-operation with the NAVY, has managed to keep it all hush hush considering the amount of countries who have sattilites and so for in space, but i will end this post with "Hmmm"

This is some of the worst spelling I have ever seen. It's sot surprising people have put you down for things you have said if this is the way you say them!

Where the hell did you go to school? You need to go back and complain.

People don't care about spelling or grammar anymore. If you point it out they have a rage fit and call you anti patriotic. For people from America and Britain here to yell and scream about their education being the best, well, I have yet to see it proved

Firefox has a spellchecker add in for forms.

Go install the dictionary at addons.mozilla.org...

edit on 8-9-2011 by Anonymouth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by Enlightenme1111
The article is a hoax. There is not a single source reported. Tabloid junk.

The article clearly states:

“Apollo 11 and 17 sites [will] remain off-limits, with ground-travel buffers of 75 metres and 225 metres from each respective lunar lander,” states the July 20 guidelines of NASA. Science journal had obtained the guidelines.

I did a quick google and found this article in Science Magazine, written by Lucas Laursen - NASA to Launch Guidelines to Protect Lunar Artifacts

seems to me NASA is owner of Moon...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by John0Doe

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by Enlightenme1111
The article is a hoax. There is not a single source reported. Tabloid junk.

The article clearly states:

“Apollo 11 and 17 sites [will] remain off-limits, with ground-travel buffers of 75 metres and 225 metres from each respective lunar lander,” states the July 20 guidelines of NASA. Science journal had obtained the guidelines.

I did a quick google and found this article in Science Magazine, written by Lucas Laursen - NASA to Launch Guidelines to Protect Lunar Artifacts

Americans think they own everything, what's new?

Well, sure go ahead and claim it, let's see when Nibiru return who owns it

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
No ! They are just scared of getting found out for telling lies.

They will have to do better than that !

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I think that this is mearly TPTB setting up a kind of president. As private contractors get closer and closer to reaching the moon, it becomes necessary for them to set down pre-set no fly zones for whatever BS reason. They are merely preparing for the inevitable; when private establishments start exploring the moon.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Honestly, I think its to preserve these landing sites, the first time man has stepped onto an alien world
Seriously, who wants to see 'KILROY WAS HERE' spray painted on the Apollo 11 descent stage?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Awesome, so they want to preserve an astronauts nappy (diaper) and see how it degrades.

Yeah I wouldn't want to fly over that either.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyanhide
okay,so they are expecting allot of lunar traffic within the coming months?
This smells..

No, but I take it you didn't read the article?

What prompted the space agency to act was the Google Lunar X prize for those landing a robot that moves 500 metres and sends images from the moon. Precise landing near the Apollo sites would get them more money.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
perhaps they should just claim a slice of the moon as the 53rd state of the U WESSS OF AY

and remember - spelling isnt improtant lol

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
ahh bummer hoax or not, it had me me cracking up laughing!!! As well as the comments. Especially the enviromental friendly comment. Good one! HAHA

edit on 8-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Hmmmmm, No fly zones on the moon, this makes no sense at all, just to safeguard the historical locations that Nasa has on the Moon. This is either a Hoax, or they have some classified program going on and dont need the orbital traffic getting in the way of their classified programs, if those exist at even. Strange times

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
This sucks! I was gonna fly my brand new Mercedes Shuttle there with my family for Christmas...I guess we'll have to go to Mars...heard it's cold in December...is that true?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Don't forget, NASA can't actually enforce the no-fly zone. Only ask that you observe it.

So if you really want to land in Tranquility and knock over the flag, there's nothing NASA can really do about it. Although you may not be too popular with some folk for doing so

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Would be funny if China lands their first lunar mission on top of the flag

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by John0Doe

Talking to my girlfriend about this, and this is the first thing she said in reply...

It makes sense from a perspective of keeping historical machines intact...but something doesn't sit right...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Well that's just wonderful. I paid all that money, just so I could buy the Moon-Lot next door to my buddy Tommy Cruise. Now, they're telling me that I can't go on my land, but Tommy's lot is a little further out, so this does not affect him.

I shoulda listened, when he said I should pay that extra amount, for the extended warranty from [color=AAFAE5]Lunar Properties. Alas, I didn't listen. I went with the discount price from [color=AAFAE5]Moon Shop.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ed1e48406ad.gif[/atsimg]

[color=E3ECC4]Moon for Sale here!

[color=C2D8ED]Each Lunar Real Estate Claim will be registered with the International Celestial Lands Registry™ in Washington, D.C., and comes with an Official and personalized Photo Information Sheet showing the area where your Lunar Real Estate Claim is located, a personalized Official Lunar Real Estate Parchment Deed of Claim, and a detailed description of the geographical lunar features in the area of your Lunar Real Estate claim, along with information on how these features were formed and named. These Official Lunar Property Registration documents and photos are suitable for framing and will look great on any wall! Scroll down to see all of the areas on the moon for sale.

edit on 9/8/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Well this sucks. I was just planning a trip myself to check out some astronaut dung. See if armstrong ate corn for breakfast.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I heard on the radio yesterday that Richard Branson's space port is almost complete in New Mexico. Seems like coincidental timing.
Wasn't Jeff Bezos (Amazon founder) building one as well?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by byeluvolk
reply to post by Tahnya86

I do not doubt the story is true. It could all be a hoax, but it makes sense. With the privatization of space, there are quite a few companies trying to be the first civilian on the moon. Japan is working on a lunar hotel project, and there are many smaller companies working on space travel. It is just a matter of years before someone does indeed return to the moon. When it happens, if it is this lunar hotel idea, the traffic to these sites could be very destructive if the people involved do not keep some sort of distance from them.

Keep in mind the requested distance is as low as 75 meters, even a low quality camera you can buy for a few bucks today will give you excellent photos at that range. With a decent camera you would have better quality pictures than even NASA has of these Landers and such. So I do not see why there is such an uproar about this. Have you tried to go to Stonehenge lately? You can’t even get within 75meters of Stonehenge any more. This sort of a standoff is not that big of a deal. They just do not want “tourists” to walk around and blot out the footprints or vandalize the equipment left behind.

edit on 8-9-2011 by byeluvolk because: (no reason given)

If they are so worried about preserving the moon..Then why go and try to blow the damn thing up, like they did what? a yr or so ago? Doesn't make sense, besides they do not own the moon. Last time I checked it was free for all countries or what not to take a look at..and if there are moon bases and aliens up there, then we have even less right to do things to it and or even declare pieces of property or places on the moon.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join