It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New bad news for Gov. Rick Perry!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Today we will examine how Texas Gov. Rick Perry was involved in the untimely demise of our 35th President, John F. Kennedy. Despite his young age (having just entered his teens on that Dallas day), there exists compelling proof that little Ricky was a key member of the conspiracy to eliminate the man from Office. Little Mr. Perry was already angling toward the Presidency and laying the ground work for his historic run in the distant 2012 election year. Friends of Rick at that age describe him as intense and focused for such a young lad.......

Of course...The above is satire...but after this story today, I believe being blamed for Kennedy is about the only thing Perry hasn't yet been accused of or suggested as being guilty of. I've watched as the attacks have increasingly come from all directions, from all forms of media and across almost every subject Perry could possibly be fit into from a negative perspective.

Karl Rove: Let’s face it, Perry’s views on Social Security are “toxic” « Hot Air

The link above is only today's addition, but the list is getting disturbingly long and a telling detail here is that those attacks which aren't immediately picked up by the public just get dropped for an entirely new set of attacks. It would seem the train of hate won't stop until he's out.....then it'll move to whoever replaces him as the front runner. We've seen this pattern before, just never quite this vicious and this early in the process.

Far from being a thread to trigger partisan debate or a nasty running fight, I mean to bring attention to the infighting for what I believe will turn out to be the most important 'turning point' election in living memory, if not U.S. History. At this critical moment in history, we need constructive and positive leadership from those who would get our vote to become President. The same 'ol, same 'ol just isn't good enough when the stakes for our future and our Children''s future have risen to the levels they're at now.

What does everyone else think? Is the infighting a necessary part of the process to weed out the weak in the herd or has it become a part of the problem far more than any solution?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

When someone lives their life as a piece of trash. One can not dismayed when the baggage drags along behind them. They can't hide their actions and past indiscretions like they use to. I really don't understand how they think they won't get caught in their bad conduct. No they are not above it. No they can't forever hide it.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
His closeted past is being flipped inside out to haunt him, his numbers will crash and burn.

How can this guy claim he is a Republican when his history is THIS LIBERAL? I imagine after tonights debates, he will drop at least 5%, Romney, Paul and Bachmann will pick those numbers back up but Paul will benefit the most.

1976 Voted for Jimmy Carter for President
1982 Married Anita Thigpen
1984 At age 34, was elected to the Texas House of Representatives as a Democrat from district 64
1986 Re-elected to the Texas House of Representatives as a Democrat
1988 Re-elected to the Texas House of Representatives as a Democrat
1988 Co-chaired the Democrat Al Gore campaign in Texas
1989 At age 39, switched from Democrat party to Republican party “I intend to vote the same convictions,” Perry said. “The only difference is there will be an R beside my name.” Star-Telegram
1990 Elected as Texas Agriculture Commissioner
1993 At age 43, wrote a letter to Democrat Hillary Clinton expressing support for her health care reform proposal, describing Hillarycare as “most commendable”
1998 Elected as Lieutenant Governor of Texas
2000 Assumed Governorship following the resignation of George W. Bush
2001 First appointment was Democrat Henry Cuellar as Secretary of State of Texas
2001 Proposed the NAFTA Superhighway/Trans-Texas Corridor (TTC) land grab using eminent domain to seize private property
2001 Signed the Texas DREAM Act giving illegal immigrants in-state tuition for Texas universities, creating a national movement to award aid to illegal immigrant students
2001 Expressed excitement that Texas Secretary of State Henry Cuellar was working on an initiative that would extend the benefits of telemedicine to individuals living on the Mexican side of the border
2002 Re-elected as Governor of Texas
2006 Re-elected as Governor of Texas
2007 Issued an executive order mandating that 6th grade Texas girls receive HPV vaccine GARDASIL® from Merck & Co.
2007 Endorsed pro-abortion and gun control candidate Rudy Giuliani for President
2007 Resisted efforts to repeal the law giving tuition breaks to illegal immigrants
2008 Signed letters with the Democrat Joe Manchin the Governor of WV urging the TARP bailouts and even lambasted Congress for its failure to “agree on a rescue of the financial markets”
2010 Re-elected as Governor of Texas
2010 Liberal Rick Perry pandered to the National Council of La Raza (NCLR)
2011 Backed down to federal government on the Texas House Bill 1937- TSA Anti-Groping Bill

liberalrickperry.wordpress.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Is the fighting necessary? Well, let me be the first to say, if you don't vote for Ron Paul, you have honestly and completely wasted your vote. There is zero difference in Obama and all the other candidates. Only ONE candidate has stood apart from the rest. We will continue to point out Rick Perry's failures. Both to his own state and to the many young girls his forced vaccinations caused. Rick Perry MUST be kept from the White House. If for no other reason, his ties to the Bilderberg group are enough. The guy is scum.

It's Ron Paul or revolution in 2012.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
Rick Perry MUST be kept from the White House. If for no other reason, his ties to the Bilderberg group are enough. The guy is scum.

amen to that brother. (felt it needed repeating
)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
His closeted past is being flipped inside out to haunt him, his numbers will crash and burn.

How can this guy claim he is a Republican when his history is THIS LIBERAL? I imagine after tonights debates, he will drop at least 5%, Romney, Paul and Bachmann will pick those numbers back up but Paul will benefit the most.

1976 Voted for Jimmy Carter for President
1982 Married Anita Thigpen
1984 At age 34, was elected to the Texas House of Representatives as a Democrat from district 64
1986 Re-elected to the Texas House of Representatives as a Democrat
1988 Re-elected to the Texas House of Representatives as a Democrat
1988 Co-chaired the Democrat Al Gore campaign in Texas
1989 At age 39, switched from Democrat party to Republican party “I intend to vote the same convictions,” Perry said. “The only difference is there will be an R beside my name.” Star-Telegram
1990 Elected as Texas Agriculture Commissioner
1993 At age 43, wrote a letter to Democrat Hillary Clinton expressing support for her health care reform proposal, describing Hillarycare as “most commendable”
1998 Elected as Lieutenant Governor of Texas
2000 Assumed Governorship following the resignation of George W. Bush
2001 First appointment was Democrat Henry Cuellar as Secretary of State of Texas
2001 Proposed the NAFTA Superhighway/Trans-Texas Corridor (TTC) land grab using eminent domain to seize private property
2001 Signed the Texas DREAM Act giving illegal immigrants in-state tuition for Texas universities, creating a national movement to award aid to illegal immigrant students
2001 Expressed excitement that Texas Secretary of State Henry Cuellar was working on an initiative that would extend the benefits of telemedicine to individuals living on the Mexican side of the border
2002 Re-elected as Governor of Texas
2006 Re-elected as Governor of Texas
2007 Issued an executive order mandating that 6th grade Texas girls receive HPV vaccine GARDASIL® from Merck & Co.
2007 Endorsed pro-abortion and gun control candidate Rudy Giuliani for President
2007 Resisted efforts to repeal the law giving tuition breaks to illegal immigrants
2008 Signed letters with the Democrat Joe Manchin the Governor of WV urging the TARP bailouts and even lambasted Congress for its failure to “agree on a rescue of the financial markets”
2010 Re-elected as Governor of Texas
2010 Liberal Rick Perry pandered to the National Council of La Raza (NCLR)
2011 Backed down to federal government on the Texas House Bill 1937- TSA Anti-Groping Bill

liberalrickperry.wordpress.com...

Thanks for the Perry info, el Presidente......

I always love your pro-Ron Paul posts......

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
He was a Lefty at one time and worked for Gore, that alone should appeal to the folks on the left.

If he is the next Reagan, maybe he should begin preparing for stuff like this.

..for the record, I don't really like the guy but it really shouldn't be about popularity or sentiment anyway, it's about what he can do.
Objectively, no one can discount what he has done for Texas.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well, I admit I am a bit surprised by just how deeply the feelings against Perry run for some folks. My personal politics aren't something I'm mentioning here because I didn't really mean for it to be a pro/anti Perry thread. Perry is simply the big target on top getting the direct strikes. The one to follow him will get worse, and if a 2nd is destroyed, then the 3rd will walk into an even worse storm. Such is how it would seem to be going in politics today.

So, if Perry's name is changed or substituted, is the infighting to the point of distraction still a good approach? Should this not be held until the Primaries are at least started and we have some basic ideas as to who will become a serious contender and who is unceremoniously put out to the curb in the first couple sets?

I'm personally just getting disillusioned by the 'all negative' all time time having been tuned to a laser like focus to destroy specific candidates, one by one. Perhaps Perry does have serious ammunition he's supplied his enemies, all by himself.....it would just be great if the election wasn't a vote for the one who isn't the absolute worst. Over a year of hearing NOTHING but the bad from all involved about all others involved leaves me with no other impression to really carry into the Voting booth.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Even though I consider myself Independent, I'm usually more inclined to vote for a Republican than a Democrat. However, I have serious issues with Perry. One word: Gardisil. Google Perry and gardisil and see what you find. Perry is currently running a good line of BS and has some staunch conservatives and Tea Party types hoodwinked, but he seems to me like just another bought and paid for politician.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
Is the fighting necessary? Well, let me be the first to say, if you don't vote for Ron Paul, you have honestly and completely wasted your vote. There is zero difference in Obama and all the other candidates. Only ONE candidate has stood apart from the rest. We will continue to point out Rick Perry's failures. Both to his own state and to the many young girls his forced vaccinations caused. Rick Perry MUST be kept from the White House. If for no other reason, his ties to the Bilderberg group are enough. The guy is scum.

I didn't realize anyone was seriously suggesting that any candidate who reaches the national political level hasn't been vetted by TPTB?

Ron Paul is great, and I'd vote for the man twice if I could but I'll never see his name on a Ballot. I'm too far down the primaries, and Paul, for all his virtues, can't even begin to compete against 1 Billion dollars in opposing campaign funding, Not even as a joke, and damn sure not against Obama. I'm trying to look at the race in terms of REAL candidates that will REALLY make it to the final ballot.

On one hand, I'll be sorry when Paul drops or is forcibly removed from the race. On the other hand, I pray that doesn't come so late as to make the sincere efforts people are willing to make for Paul a moot point in helping a viable candidate to beat Obama. If 110% support is thrown behind someone RIGHT NOW and it NEVER wavers...It will still be the fight of their lives for whoever is left standing against the Obama machine...and I'm not sure anyone we see right now can win. Obama had to do a bit more to destroy HIMSELF, I think.

Sorry if I'm a little off for the Paul topic, but it would seem any thread about American politics seemingly has to become a "everyone but Paul sucks" thread. That may be true...but Paul will be President when Daffy Duck goes to Mars to get Marvin once and for all. Not a day sooner.... So, can't we really just try and focus on who CAN beat Obama....and not spent 90% of the precious little time there is tearing down everyone on the same side? That was the intent of my thread here... Yikes....

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
wait 'till sarah palin sucks his oxygen and leaves him speechless.

in the day, she would be accused of witchcraft.

it's a reality show, the survivor gets to go against obama.

every week is a new episode, the fans cheering for their hero.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Rick Perry is the GOP Nominee. The Koch Brothers have spoken.

Rick Perry Meets With Koch Brothers
www.dailykos.com...

Super PAC Plans Major Primary Campaign for Perry
Published: September 6, 2011
A new Super PAC with close ties to Gov. Rick Perry of Texas is laying plans to spend as much as $55 million to help him win the Republican presidential nomination
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Perry is a worm. I don't care what scenario he is tied to.

How do we expect to get a goodie when we keep pulling from the same bunch of rotten apples?

I hate the man for putting on his pseudo-christian guise and swaying religious voters here to vie for him. I do harbor a little resentment toward these fools, but mainly I will choose to focus my hatred on Perry. The man is a worthless piece of defecation, as with 99.9% of politicos.

Is anybody else better? Who is to say. I know that I would give my vote to anybody that came from nowhere.

The current group of contenders are not worthy. Maybe Ron Paul, but even then, he's been there 30 some-odd years and what good is he against an army of corporatist prostitutes?

I suppose it's pointless to wish ill on Perry, but I am just hoping that he can feel my negative vibes.

top topics

join