It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What particular incident turned you into a Conspiracy Theorist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Although I have ALWAYS believed in Alien life, not because I like fantasy but because common sense dictates we aren't alone, I wasn't really into "conspiracy" until 9-11 happened.

I was 18 when 9-11 happened. It was my first year in college and on that particular day I was getting ready for class when I saw the breaking news (CNN) about the first plane hitting a tower.

I remember the first thought I had was "how in the hell are they going to put that one out????" I kept watching wondering how things would develop and how much of the tower would burn.
On and off I would contemplate how the hell a 747 could have flown into a tower...eventually submitting myself to the simple idea that "S*** just happens"

As I was eating oatmeal with a side of toast I saw the second plane hit. I can't really describe in detail what I was thinking that moment but remember having goose-bumps (the chills) and the hair on my body stood on end, knowing without a doubt this was an "attack". I sat and watched as my breakfast got cold.

When I saw reports of the "pentagon" being hit as well I was wondering "when will it end?", "how many more targets?", "Whats next?", "what should Ido?" the feeling of shock from the towers turned into a genuine concern and fear of the unknown. Knowing at that point these attacks were "apparently" unstoppable even for a superpower...I had lost confidence in the US defences, and thought for sure "more was to come".

Anger didn't set in until they attached a name or group..."bin laden" and "al ciada"...

Patriotism, etc all started kicking in. The Flag looked different to me at that point...

Then I saw the buildings FALL...one after the other...and THAT moment is when I had a sudden moment of "clairty" and realized how much like a "movie" this all seemed. The surrealness of the collapsing towers snapped me out of the moment, and at that point something didn't feel right.

I thought for sure "al ciada" had planted bombs or something in the building to make them collapse in such a predictable manner...even I knew destruction doesn't ever go that smoothly...

I made it to my first class of the day "late" and not all there mentally where we were supposed to have an Algebra exam...I failed miserably.

so to answer the OP's question...when I saw the towers fall and when I saw how they fell and how smooth the destruction happened, I was thinking differently...It still took several months after for me to really reconsider everything I thought about that day.

edit on 7-9-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
um i would have to say before i was 5. listening to my father's stories about vietnam etc... lead me to believe the goverment does not always have our best interest in mind. Around 12 i read behold a pale horse and it went from there.
edit on 7-9-2011 by InshaAllah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
9/11.

I was in ninth grade. Sitting in my homeroom class, never in my life would I believe that a single airplane could take down a skyscraper. And then it did. And I didn't believe it. Still don't. There was no way, and it was all too perfect considering who was president at the time. When the first tower started to fall, my mind just kinda snapped. All those people had just died for the Bush family's unfinished business in the middle east, and whatever other evil could possibly be done in the name of what had happened that day.

Ten years later, and I'm pretty sure these days that there's not much of any note that happens in the world without a string being pulled by someone, somewhere. I still don't know how deep the rabbit hole goes.

But that's what did it.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

All I can say to your post is WOW!!

I was lucky enough to be the eldest of two, but my Grandad was the tenth of thireen. His own Father didn't know his name.

Still, just to be gven an initial for a middle name, just WOW!! Peace.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The Dupont Plaza Hotel fire in Puerto Rico on New Year's Eve, 1986. Every station and newspaper wrote stories about the fire, but somehow forgot to mention it was a planned arson/ bomb event by striking workers. Not only did they start the fire, but they barred the emergency exits causing horrendous loss of life. I moved there during the immediate aftermath. If tourists knew what happened, PR would have been decimated for years, because it was a terroristic event.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
for me it started in my late teens after seeing a few unexplainable things,then 911,ive always known something is up,we are clearly being lied to my the media........but ive always managed to ignore it and get on with my life as such,until fukushima...that was definately the catalist for me,and now here i am on this site everyday....

peace

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Aged 7 i was introduced to globalization,my father was a freemason.
Now 38 i have seen nearly everything he told me come to pass.
He was very concerned with private corporations controlling the world.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
After seeing symbols from an abductee, jim spark's, waking up to memories and starting having crafts show up, low and very obviously what they were, witnessed numerously by one son, and all of them at times. And having a memory of past contact and awarness of the current.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I was vaguely intrigued by the Kennedy assassination over the years, but I found this site while reading everything I could find on the 9/11 incident. I was a lurker for many years, and it actually got so bad at one point that I had to just quit visiting this site. When I say, it got so bad, I mean this: I just couldn't not stomach or handle the thought that our government would do something like that. I will also say that I am a "fence rider". I do not believe some of the conspiracies about 9/11, but I do believe there were some who KNEW there was going to be an attack that day. The old saying, "Follow the money", is what I always refer back to. Even an honest, trusting, flag waving patriot such as myself could not explain away the fact that so many either "made money" or "saved millions" in the hours and days before 9/11. Someone knew. Also, I read an article today talking about the National Guard forces that are in place to "defend our skies" at a moments notice. Well excuse the "Duck" out of this common citizen, but I thought that was why Americans poured MILLIONS and MILLIONS of dollars into our armed forces PRIOR to 9/11. The fact that not one but TWO planes were allowed to strike buildings on 9/11 without even an INCIDENT with an F15 is extremely suspect. And then there is WTC 7, and the Stairway guy hearing the explosion from the basement, and the firemen reporting explosions, etc., etc... I'm going off a rant which I tend to do talking about 9/11.

As we approach that fateful day where 3,000 of our fellow citizens died, I regret to say we are not much closer to finding out what REALLY happened than we were on 9/12/2001. Anyways, that is what brought me here... That is what keeps me here... As for aliens... I'm not even close to being ready to accept that. Still need to maintain a bit of a bubble in order to function on a day to day basis. : )

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
9/11 was my beginning into the deep dark rabbit hole.
I didnt believe the story from day 1.
nor did I believe those buildings could collapse as such from an airplane.
I could of believed that the buildings may have toppled over from such an impact.

but watching those towers crumble to pieces I knew something was fishy.
the collapse was so smooth and symmetrical that i knew it wasnt the result of random chaos between slabs of concrete and steel. there just had to be some other force that made it such a clean "collapse"

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I realized that through-the-looking-glass and down-the-rabbit-hole type of conspiracies are --real-- , when I myself personally actualy befell one. It was while I was in the Air Force, and about 3 decades ago, and I never told it all out here on ATS. It just still feels to me like a good idea -not- to. Plus I have a clearance debriefing statement. With no expiration date on it. I -will- say, that it was -somewhat- -similar- to the Gary McKinnon drama, him and his trouble. And uh, stuff like that.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Hmmm...initially for me it was when I started having children. I just had this gut feeling regarding immunizations. I started investigating them, talking with a family member who works for a 3 letter organization and is a micro-biologist. That was my turning point.

After that it was religion, although I always had MAJOR questions about things growing up.

Then 9/11 came along. Never bought that story.

Final nail in the coffin (that landed me here) was when Obama claimed to have killed Osama - YEAH RIGHT!
edit on 7-9-2011 by summer5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Back during the 1973 oil embargo I was about 8 years old and overheard my dad and neighbor talking about cars that got 200 MPG and engines with frictionless bearings that ran so quiet the dashboard had a light to tell you when the engine was running.

From there my quest to uncover conspiracies in my teen years led to research into Tesla, alternative energy, psychic phenomenon, fluoride in the water, JFK's assassination and the rest is history.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Kurt Cobain.

I believed he was murdered even before I understood any of the 9/11 inaccuracies. Inaccuracies to the gov't version of the events, that is. I get really tired of hearing rational thoughts referred to as "conspiracy theories." Anyway I always liked Nirvana, even as a nerdy kid from a christian household. I was reading one night about Cobain's death, and how he was discovered in the greenhouse, which was really just the attic of his garage. Now of all the highly suspicious evidence that he was murdered (there's a TON of it), one thing that I had never heard until that night was that in the garage below was a car......with all 4 tires slashed. DING DING DING!!! I just stared at my screen with goosebumps, it made no sense why nobody ever brings that up.

From there, (and with help from a couple suspicious things about 9/11 that always bothered me), it was just a matter of studying a little history and having a powerful desire to learn. Bill Hicks...George Carlin.....Terence McKenna......Living Colour all helped me. Seek and ye shall find.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Many people have personally touched the skirts of bonifide conspiracy, in their lives. From overhearing a conversation a long time ago, to falling right into "the looking glass".
That would be a neat thread idea.
"What Is Your Own Conspiracy Experience?"

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
When my voices began to tell me a story about how we were "created" and that we had a hybrid DNA strand. At the time I was being told that we are "Reptilian" interfaced via our genetics.

I then did some searching and was floored that others had the same information being fed into them. That is how I found ATS!

As for being suspect of our World I believe I have always questioned the status quo on every aspect of Society! I hated the word "No", and to me a "rule" was not a Law but a guideline to use until a better idea could be considered (which most times I sought outside of the rule). Rules are meant to be changed, but there are some folks in this world that swear their rules are governed by the Laws of the Universe. Silly Rules!

I have always believed in Bigfoot, ever since the Patterson Tape! I wanted to believe in Aliens but those demons are just too darn elusive to concur!

Do I still believe we are Reptilian? Not in the least, our creators are different than us but we are so very much like them and none of us look like reptiles. It was those darn Demons trying to get me on board with their "Alien Agenda".

I do Love the Terra-Papers!

I have never trusted our Government or TPTB!

I am now a firm believer in the "Return of the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth" and that we are "property" of our Lord.

I believe that the opportunity for Eternal Life is at hand, or Eternal Damnation, we get to choose!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
government conspiracies that were proven and admitted to:

off the top of my head:

1...CDC (center for disease control)...syphillis deliberately given to people without their consent to study the affects.

2...gulf of tonkin resolution in the sixties where the government lied about having a ship fired upon to justify bombing north vietnam.

3...watergate

4...iran-contra on ronny reagans watch that sent over sixty people to prison.

the only conspiracy nuts are the ones that DO NOT believe they happen

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

For me it began in the early 50s when I heard the story of my grandfather seeing 7 silver spheres fly past him in the pasture behind the house in 1949 in Laclede, ID.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
"JFK" AND "911": Too many unanswered questions;
and too many unaddressed facts and circumstances.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
Many people have personally touched the skirts of bonifide conspiracy, in their lives. From overhearing a conversation a long time ago, to falling right into "the looking glass".
That would be a neat thread idea.
"What Is Your Own Conspiracy Experience?"

you know..people like you just need to read history more, especially the ones that have actual government documents and legal rulings.
you would be surprised at the dozens of government conspiracy cases that have been ajudicated and documented
edit on 7-9-2011 by jimmyx because: syntax

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join