It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What particular incident turned you into a Conspiracy Theorist?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Conspiracy theorist? Nope, Just a realist who took the blinders off and cant believe what the hell happened when I wasnt paying attention. I dont discount anything anymore.. a liar is a liar and it becomes habit. Dishonesty is a choice, and they not only chose it, but love being dishonest. Our govt has a bad habit of lying and obscuring the reality of things. I say dont "fall" down the rabbit hole... storm the gates.If Id done this earlier in my life, I could have accomplished more. I hope you younger ones storm those gates. There seems to be a time of trouble very near. Being a student of history, when you put the things together that are happening now... we are definitely repeating history and will not have any other outcome than those who were foolish enough to wallow in self-centered perceptions did in the past.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Sept 11 2001 was it for me, while I was watching the towers go down on tv I had a gut feeling something wasn't right. Towers went down like a controlled demolition. I didnt even need conflicting stories or anything I just felt like something was wrong with what was happening.

Always trust your gut right?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
For me it is the control of which news topics make headlines. i can't believe the insignificant headlines that comprise news. 3 or 4 main stories repeated over and over to drum into your brain to make you believe that that is all that is happening in the world. No stories on things that really matter, no connecting of the dots, each of the 3 or 4 topics are 'breaking news' all day long, commercial after commercial to make you forget what you just heard, we'll be right back with a certain story then an hour later they might report on it, or maybe they won't. i think they are all babbling fools and i turn to sites like this to get different perspectives from all these insightful members then i make up my own mind on the topic. Thanks ATS...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
When I got my hands on Chariots of the Gods in the early '70s when I was just a kid (the book belonged to my mom). I hounded her with questions, not the least of which were "if you believe in God and what the bible says, how can you believe this book?" She was a moderately devout Christian with an open mind. Which is who I got my open mind from, rest her soul.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I DESPISE the term conspiracy theorist. It's carries unfair stigma...

With that said, there was no particular incident in general... It was more of a process of life learning -- every day ordeals or "average" events that made me realize that it's human nature to plot and plan...

From getting arrested by lying cops -- to finding the love of my life never told the truth.... to watching my brothers battles with addiction -- to vengeful actions from one group of friends to another... the underlying tone of movies in general having to do with plots/plans against other entities... I guess, I learned very quickly it's a dog eat dog world....

As such, I can't ever say I've ever believed what the TV says, if I can't trust my family/neighbors/best friends/potential wife prospects... How could I trust people who are given all the tools to conceal their real actions?

I'm saying, think about it... every since I was 5 I was in love with James Bond movies -- the fantasy of super top secret missions... a government agent with a LICENSE TO KILL....

It becomes glaringly obvious who truly controls the resources/information... Anybody who controls the resources plots to keep the resources... anybody who doesn't have them... plots to steal them. How can you put absolute trust in a body made entirely of people -- that hold all the resources and tools to enable and/or cover up mistakes they made, or ideological decisions they know the public won't agree with?

I think it's a question of intelligence. Smart people know better, dumb people do what they are told. The average person in the world equates to mediocrity... compare the proportion of people with above average intelligence with the percentage of people that are "conspiracy theorists." The conspiracy crowd is slightly larger, however -- stupid people are easy to lead.... also, easy to lose. Hence the breed of "Tin Foil" conspiracy theorists... which make up the discrepancy in our statistics.

Intelligence isn't what you learn -- but how you learn. People who learn things on their own vs People who need to be shown. It's a measure of logic and reason. If you don't know how to fix something, do you A.) Try and fix it knowing you most likely will fail and hope for the best? B.) Do you find some one to fix it for you? Or C.) Do you learn how to fix it yourself before you try -- via documentation?

If you answered C.) You might just be a smart person.

If you question the efficiency of repairing it yourself -- this question does not apply to you, as you are indeed smarter than the question.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Its hard to pin point a particular incident that i can visualise right now, maybe when i had a car crash and completly reassesed where i was heading. My sister gave me a few books on spirituality and i felt connected at once. From that point i had sleep paralysis without knowing what it was and so i researched and realised things that i had been ignorant of before. I started seeing every incident from every possible angle and perception, which had me not believing anything i had been told about history and present day issues. I just dont understand how the media can be so concrete to most peoples beliefs and knowledge of the worlds face values and drama's. The media are told by someone what to say and they do as told, its all mind conditioning BS. So to get to the threads purpose, i guess it all hit me at once and from that moment of clarity, which has opened my awareness and understanding of peoples own realities and how they dont see whats around them, my perception creates a thousand possibilities for me to consider and i have a closer feeling of truth to these conspiracy theories than the governments feed to us in lies, and promises which they never deliver.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
When I was younger my step-dad gave me two books to read. They were book bound copies of a magazine called ( I think this is right) unsolved or unexplained mysteries. It dealt with ghosts, UFOs, Bigfoot, Aliens, JFK amongst many others.

Then came a series on TV called Dark Skies, I used to watch it with my Older Brother and loved it. After that (in the UK anyway) came X-Files. Loved the stories and it always got me thinking "The Truth Is Out There".

I first stumbled over ATS whilst looking for info about Area 51 and have been a long time lurker (many years).

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Mine wasn't just one event but rather a series of several incidents. Mostly it was my time in the service, then a couple of actions ive been invloved in with the state in which I've seen fishy things. It was also just my general realization that we are lied to on a daily basis about alot of things and that theere are agenda's and interests at work that will do anything to meet their goals.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
For me it was series of events. There were many moments growing up that upon reflection built up a mistrust of official stories and the mainstream medias view of the World as we know it.

I could probably go back to my early childhood when I realized that it was my parents and not Santa Claus who were the ones buying me my Christmas gifts.

I'm not sure if it was before or after I found out the tooth fairy wasn't real. It was at that moment I learned what a conspiracy was. That my parents had been lying to me, hiding things from me, conspiring together, tricking me into believing something that they knew wasn't true.

I used to love watching the show "In search of" hosted by Leonard Nimoy

Then later on (still in my early childhood) I watched an investigation by 60 minutes and learned that professional wrestling was fake and choreographed. I was very upset with that knowledge. Some of idols who I looked up to were also lying to me and everybody else just to make a few bucks. At least there was this moment that somewhat eased the anger and disappointment I felt.

I'm probably leaving a lot of other important events out but that's OK. They are much more personal, spiritual and would require going into greater detail to explain.

The next event I will mention was when Geraldo Rivera opened up Al Capone's vault. Another big let down and more lies and disappointment from the main stream media.

Then came some more serious events and offenses

Ruby Ridge

Oklahoma City

and Waco Texas

Watching the movie JFK,

learning about Watergate

and the Iran/Contra Affair

Then came 9-11 and everything changed

After living a few years in a daze of shock and awe. The dust finally settled and I learned about the Truth movement. I watched some youtube videos and came across the Zeitgeist series and Loose Change.

At that point Pandora's Box was open and I officially became a believer in conspiracy theories. I learned about the NWO, Illuminati, Bilderberg group, The FED.

This video series is one of my favorites by Max Igan

As I traveled deeper down the rabbit hole

Finally this last video tied it all together

edit on 30-9-2011 by MathiasAndrew because: add video

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Where to begin ?

When I was a small child myself and my sister saw what we believed at the time to be a UFO, and in all meanings of the term it was. Simply as it was unidentifiable. Several strange lights going around in a perfect circle and then zoomed away into the sky at astronomical speeds ( this was in the early 70's and I had a similar sighting on another occasion). My parents laughed at us both and it was forgotten. To this day i often question what happened and question if they really exist.

I was a member of a highly regarded unit of the British Army and have seen incidents first hand that have been , lets say "brushed under the carpet" both in Northern Ireland and in the Middle East.So yes the truth is not always told.

The first moon landing. I question that simply because winning the space race was imperative at the time. Did we really have the tech to achieve that and more importantly did we have the tech to survive such a mission ?

9/11. More to this than meets the eye. I fully believe that planes hit the targets and lots of innocent people died that day. Just the full story is not being told.I do struggle with the fact that someone could let that happen and have no guilt about it , but then again I have seen some cold hearted mother f**kers in my time. So the depravity of man shouldn't really be a shock to me any more.

Am I a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy nut case ? NO, I just question WHAT is told to me and WHY it is told to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join