It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATF Arming Chicago Gangs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

“The ATF told my client to let the sales go through,” Mr. Weil told TTAG. “He later told me that the guns went to Chicago gangs.” In one case, a straw purchaser failed to pass the FBI’s NICS [National Instant Check System] background check....
....and an ATF agent told the FFL to make the sale anyway.

In one case, a buyer and his associate left the store and smashed their vehicle into a police car on their way out. (Seriously.) The driver was charged with the traffic incident, but allowed to keep the guns and proceed. Whether or not the ATF kept tabs on the guns after that, or if guns were used in subsequent crimes, is unknown.

Can it get any better than that?

It isnt just Mexican cartels and Costa Rican drug lords the fed is selling guns too. It's also petty inner city street gangs.

Maybe Bloomberg should dig a little deeper into his violent holiday weekend and check where those guns are really coming from.

ATF-enabled guns go to street gangs

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Streets gangs were recruited during Bill Clinton reign of terror that is only beginning to be discovered. Obamam has only continued with the agenda that has been going on for decades. It is all about the criminal scum who are in office running drugs and getting rid of any competition. Oliver North brought this up during his appearance in front of Congress during the 1982's while he worked for NSA under Reagan. Nothing has changed only gotten worse and more obvious. While they are taking away the american people right to have any form of defense from wild bandits and murderers. Government sponsored of course. Look at the new laws currently being introduced in Boston Mass. in regards to knife ownership.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

obama trying another angle at a gun grab here in the US? Are these the same gangs that will be at the polling posts putting in a vote or three for obamas reelection?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

obama trying another angle at a gun grab here in the US? Are these the same gangs that will be at the polling posts putting in a vote or three for obamas reelection?

With desperate, sad poverty stricken mothers who rally around banning firearm ownership so their children will start beating and stabbing each other to death.

The ignorant will blame the inanimate object, the maker of the inanimate object and the seller of the inanimate object all the while there is a man in black on the governments payroll forcing the seller to put that object in the hands of a known criminal.
edit on 7-9-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

This sets my hair on fire:

Does anyone doubt (any longer) who the criminals are in this country?
And hires them and signs their checks...
batfe
dhs
tsa...
Just all in a days work "keeping us safe"?

Good thing "we"( this generation)don't deserve our constituition; its being disregarded as useless anyway.

edit on 7-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I wonder if these gangs are branches of the Mexican drug gangs in Mexico the ATF has already been supplying. A "civil" war based on race in the lower 48 would certainly benefit the federal government in pushing along there agenda.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wiandiii

It's possible but a street level dealer connection wouldnt be much use to bagging the big guys. I wouldnt think so anyway.

Mr. Weil also threw some cold water on the theory that Mexican cartel members in Indiana purchased the guns with the ATF’s blessing as part of an anti-Los Zetas quid pro quo. “The buyers were black and caucasian,” Weil said. Also, the gun store in question initiated the contact with the ATF.

The new information doesn’t rule out the possibility that the Indiana gun store “sting” involved criminals affiliated with the Sinaloa or La Familia cartels (whom the ATF armed during Operation Fast and Furious). But that possibility seems a whole lot less likely.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

This sets my hair on fire:

Does anyone doubt (any longer) who the criminals are in this country?
And hires them and signs their checks...
batfe
dhs
tsa...
Just all in a days work "keeping us safe"?

You're not alone on being so mad we're all seeing double. I'd read a lengthy piece on this last night that drew the obvious connections to a rarely used criminal offense on the federal books....It's called Treason. I believe that flooding the inner city markets with illegal weapons of various descriptions, needing those weapons to be USED to murder American civilians to advance a political agenda, is the very definition of an Act of Treason against the American people.

Now...It remains to be seen how far UP those charges should apply, based on evidence....but "Gangwalker" as it's being called, sure ought to qualify, in spades! It was criminally bad judgement when it was done with Mexico. I strongly believe it's prosecutable TREASON if it turns out this is all accurate and a similar program has been run to the American gang bangers.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Your post is the first time I've seen the term "Gangwalker" so I searched it up.

Looks like this mess has proven connections to Phoenix.

And the ATF tried, at least on one occasion, to go after an FFL's license for his high number of straw buyers only to retract that once the FFL showed it was the ATF who forced him to make those sale.

Examiner

This is just so far beyond absurd. And not a peep from the MSM save some quick CBS piece almost 6 months ago.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Enough!!
Disband this dysfunctional agency and start over fresh.
Gun trade still needs to regulated in some ways but arming criminals isn't a good idea, under any circumstances.
The public won't buy this load of Hooey.
Then again considering they got away with Waco what's a few guns between crooks?

new topics

top topics

join