It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Boys and a Toy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

If anyone has their head on straight, its the Jews. They want a Temple FOR EVERYONE. Not just Muslims, or just Christians.

Oh, is that another "story"?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by chaztekno

I explained the metaphor for you. Why are you still complaining?

If i sound condescending, its because youre forcing me to further explain the nature of that allegory.

It is not as drastic as this utter nonsense:

Its like saying 2 dogs ate ice cream, which one has a bad leg? and then telling us its about NASA and the moon landings.

What the hell are you talking about here? Any sensible person can see how moronic this attempt of yours to mock me was.

Listen. I'll break it down for you more:

2 is a motif. There are two boys. Jews and muslims are two separate parties. I anthropormorphized them in the above allegory as two boys.

The Toy - something children usually fight over.

Thus, a toy is a perfect parallel for the Temple Mount - something being fought over by Jews and Muslims.

The two boys fight over a toy. Then i add a history. The history of the 1st boy is the history of the relationship of the Jews with the Temple Mount.

Do i need to continue?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Its the way you think us all so stupid that we didnt understand to start with and you have felt the need to explain in great detail exactly what you meant like we are children. You really need to get over yourself.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Explanation: The Father is never wrong! The boy lost his chance and will have to wear the consequences of that for the rest of his life! A harsh and terrible lesson provided by the boys father and I see no reason to interfere with a parent appropriately disciplining his wayward and possibly spoiled child!

The other boy is bearing the fruits of his reward for finding the clearly disgaurded toy, disguarded by the other boys Father, and adding it his mighty collection of awesomeness!

Personal Disclosure: Clearly fortune favours those who bear the fruit of their labour and in this case... it is of little consequence as we are just talking about silly boys toys and there are far more important things to worry about!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Wouldn't a more accurate analogy be:

This boy finds a toy in the hands of a stranger boy who he doesn't know, so he punches out that boy, and nabs the toy.
Over time, this boy comes to love the toy, play with it, and consider it his own. One day, unfortunately, the boy has to move away, and later dies.
Another boy finds the toy, and uses it and plays it. He grows up, passes it on to his kids, who pass it on to their kids, and so on.

Over a thousand years later, someone decides to resurrect the first boy. Zombie boy suddenly shows up at the house of the descendant of the other boy who found it, and tries punching him out again to gain access to the toy.

EDIT: I had just read the original post, and thought you were talking about Israel in general rather than the Temple Mount. I'd still say the analogy applies, though
edit on 9-9-2011 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Muslims turn away from the mount when the pray to Mecca.

Well that's a blatant lie...

Muslims face Mecca when they pray without ANY consideration given to where the mount is...

It's therefore safe to assume that some muslims around the world would actually face the mount when praying..

Why do you INSIST on turning everything Muslims do into a direct attack on Jews??

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Don't be a hypocrite...
i think he learnt that for you. You turn everything jews do on a direct attack on muslims.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
One problem here. Per the old testament. Leviticus 26.

41 And that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity:
42 Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land.
43 The land also shall be left of them, and shall enjoy her sabbaths, while she lieth desolate without them: and they shall accept of the punishment of their iniquity: because, even because they despised my judgments, and because their soul abhorred my statutes.
44 And yet for all that, when they be in the land of their enemies, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break my covenant with them: for I am the LORD their God.
45 But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their God: I am the LORD.
46 These are the statutes and judgments and laws, which the LORD made between him and the children of Israel in mount Sinai by the hand of Moses.

Hosea 3.
4 For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim:
5 Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days.

And Ezekiel 37.
19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.
20 And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes.
21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.
23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.
24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.
25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.
26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.
27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
28 And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

Put simply, The toy was taken away. BUT. The father promised that one day the punishment would be ended and Israelites and Jews would return to their ancestral home. They were promised they would get it back.

Which is the biggest fear of the Muslim. That what they were told by Mohammad is a lie. Or misunderstood. That is the problem in a nutshell. And if it's a lie then what?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

The first boy is given a toy from his father which he values very much.

Some boy claimed to be the first boy is commanded to do genocide against people to get their land.
The first boy (in the person of David) sieges a Jebusite fortress and captures a city, later named Jerusalem.
The first boy (again in person of David) upsets the "god" character who unleashes a deadly plague against the inhabitants of the city.
David buys a threshing floor from a Jebusite to build an altar to the angel of destruction.

Eventually, his father takes the toy away from him.

The angel/god of destruction warns the Davidic Messiah to submit to the Babylonians. The Messiah refuses. The Babylonians wreck the city and the temple with the blessing of angel/god of destruction.
An emperor of Persia allows a new temple built.
. . .
Long story shortened, 60s CE. Jews rebel against Rome. 70 CE Rome crushes rebellion. CE 136, after resuming sacrifices and starting to rebuild temple, Jews rebel again. Again they get crushed by Rome.

If the Jews want the mount back, they should get in a time machine, go back to CE 60s and submit to Rome.

edit on 10-9-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join