It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Canadians uncool? New poll says yes.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+60 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This thread is somewhat related to a thread on here earlier last week by Vitchilo.

Canadians’ attitude toward U.S. shifts from envy to sympathy, poll shows

Well, seems there is a new poll out !

Are Canadians uncool? New poll says yes

It pretty much says that 15 countries found Canada to be uncool...I should take offense to that, being Canadian and all EH? Anyways here is some of the article.

It's almost become a national sport in Canada to fret about how the world, particularly Americans, view the great white North. A new poll from social-networking site Badoo has some bad news for image-conscious Canadians: the results say the world ranks us among the least-cool nationalities. The poll asked 30,000 people in 15 countries to name the coolest nationality. Perhaps to no one's surprise, Americans came in at number one, followed by Brazilians and Spaniards. Canada, however, ranked among the least-cool nationalities, ranking fourth on that list behind the Belgians, Poles and Turks.

I can admit us Canadians hold our noses up high. I do it for fun. I guess I am kind of an instigator and it really irritates my American and British friends

I always get a kick out of Canada jokes, a lot of them are really funny. This study is interesting, and I am kind of surprised of the results. Next time I travel I will make sure to put on my Canada flag patch on my back pack and drink lots of beer and be really obnoxious

U2U me if you're a Canadian and are down to set up a road trip to those 15 countries to show them how cool Canadians really are! LOL JK, with all the crap going around the world, I am perfectly fine remaining uncool in Canada

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Did we really need a poll to know this???

j/k...I think the poll is fine.

It's always nice to have data to back up your perceptions.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

But we have Canadian Bacon!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
honestly i dont even care, lol, i don't consider myself anything other then just a person anyways.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I spent plenty of time in Vancouver, and the island. Those are some of the proudest Canadians we have to offer. Canadians are cool bro! Oh and anyone of those 15 countries would be jealous of what Canada has to offer. And we are cooler too!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Surely we must have at least a few proud Canadians on ATS who know we are cooler than portrayed. Honestly it's all a big joke to me. But LOL @ the 15 countries who voted us uncool. Have they looked at the coolness they have to offer? These studies are a joke.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Nothing of note happens in Canada.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by yourmaker

I spent plenty of time in Vancouver, and the island. Those are some of the proudest Canadians we have to offer. Canadians are cool bro! Oh and anyone of those 15 countries would be jealous of what Canada has to offer. And we are cooler too!

of course, the people here are cool, i don't know what the hell this dumb poll is trying to say. the people who took the poll have probably never been to tofino in the summer to chill on the beach and surf, that's for sure. or alberta in the winter to play some hockey on a huge frozen lake

i guess they just mean our national identity or something, i dont really care about beavers and maple syrup, whatever, not all of us give 2 about that lol.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Well I was born here for one. That is notable.

And we have the better half of Niagra Falls

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Canadians are cooler than Americans.. That's for sure..

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I have Canadian friends...and they are some of the most interesting....intelligent...fun people I know! That is my personal experience. One thing they did was humorous though....when I was in Canada visiting some friends and I went to a party and met some more people...one of them said to me ....you are from the States I can tell.....and I said ...how?....and he said you have a very distinct accent. To me that was funny...because i never thought of myself has having an accent.

edit on 7-9-2011 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Yes, the accents are always noticeable. When I visit my American friends they also point out the same thing. I must admit that some areas of Canada have an uncool accent. But others find it cool. So who am I to judge

My accent is rendered rather neutral due to all the regions I have lived in. But Americans can always tell by a few words that always give it away...aboot is the main one LOL.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Wait, so something being 'cool' is no longer a relative term? Werent bell-bottoms once considered 'cool'?

I'm confused....unless they meant the temperature, in which case i have to say the poll is wrong. Its quite frigid in parts of canada.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Canadian's are very uncool because they tend to load these forums up with every bit of Canadian centric nonsense they can. I firmly have formed the opinion that Canadians are the small dog of the world, the one that barks continuously for attention; over and over and over compensating for their lack identity or something.

Just be Canadian and do something rather than saying nothing

edit on 7-9-2011 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Against my better judgment, I'm going to feed the trolls. Here's a nice buffet for ya, eh!!

Some things that are really cool and unique in or about Canada:

Canadian Food like:
- Timbits (we will not tell you what they are, if you don't know!).
- Scrunchins (ditto)
- Bokkepootjes (ditto) ('borrowed' from the Dutch)
- Bugger-in-a-bag (ditto)
- Quebec yellow pea soup
- Montreal smoked meat and real Montreal bagels
- Maple syrup pie
- Nanaimo bars (we made 'em first)
- Butter tarts
- Date squares
- Pablum
- Crispy Crunch bars
- Smarties
- McIntosh toffee bars
- Red Rose tea (Only in Canada ....Pity!)
- Newfie screech ..!
- and of course, Poutine (see below)

Lacrosse is Canadian.
Hockey is Canadian.
Basketball is Canadian.
The size of Canadian footballs and football fields and, one less down.
Ogopogo is Canadian (Ogopogo, a distant and less-famous relative of the Loch Ness Monster, is said to sill live in Lake Okanagan, B.C.)
Molson's (beer) is Canadian. Stronger too!
The biggest flags ever seen at the Olympic closing ceremonies were Canadian (twice...and the second one was smuggled in against a rule that was made because of the first one).
Way better beer commercials here.
Much Music kicks MTV's butt.
Tim Horton's kicks Dunkin Donut's butt.
Maple Syrup kicks Mrs. Butterworth's butt (I don't know about Aunt Jemima).
In the war of 1812 we burned the White house and most of Washington.
Our "Civil war" was led by a drunken, and possibly insane William Lyon McKenzie.
Our civil war was a bar fight that lasted a little less than an hour.
The only person arrested and hanged after our civil war was an American mercenary who slept in and missed the whole fight, showing up just in time to get caught.
The Hudson Bay company once owned 1/11th of the Earth's surface.
The average dog sled team can kill and devour a grown human in less than three minutes.
We don't have much of a taste for powdered bear testicles, but we know who does, and we're willing to sell them.
We wear socks (black ones, if possible) with our sandals.
We knew plaid flannel was cool way before Seattle did.
We can out-drink most Americans.
We don't often marry our kinfolk.
The light bulb was actually invented by a Canadian. (Henry Woodward patented it in 1874). The patent was bought by some obscure American named Edison who improved upon the design and took credit for inventing it.
Other Canadian inventions include: the jolly jumper, duct tape, insulin, walkie talkies, roller skates, Superman, air-conditioned vehicles, acrylics, standard time (and daylight saving time), the paint-roller, the radio compass, snowmobiles, jet skis, improved zippers, and the handles on cardboard beer cases, etc.,etc., etc. (there are thousands more!)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff9d83ebb587.gif[/atsimg]

Don't get me started...LOL

edit on 7-9-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRemedial

Canadian's are very uncool because they tend to load these forums up with every bit of Canadian centric nonsense posts they can. I firmly have formed the opinion that Canadians are the small dog of the world, the one that barks continuously for attention; over and over and over compensating for their lack identity or something.

Just be Canadian and do something rather saying nothing

LOL, it's a public forum bro. Civility is recommended, give it a shot

This is more of a feel good chit chat thread, your grumpiness doesn't fit well. You don't hear me complaining about all the Osama, Ron Paul, Debt Ceiling... everything else that doesn't really matter but Americans worry about threads.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by TheRemedial

Canadian's are very uncool because they tend to load these forums up with every bit of Canadian centric nonsense posts they can. I firmly have formed the opinion that Canadians are the small dog of the world, the one that barks continuously for attention; over and over and over compensating for their lack identity or something.

Just be Canadian and do something rather saying nothing

LOL, it's a public forum bro. Civility is recommended, give it a shot

This is more of a feel good chit chat thread, your grumpiness doesn't fit well. You don't here me complaining about all the Osama, Ron Paul, Debt Ceiling... everything else that doesn't really matter but Americans worry about threads.

Not to go off topic, but if you think the debt ceiling in america doesnt affect the whole world, i recommend picking up a book or two....

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
All this talk about Canada and I'm still tying to find it on the map. Which state is it? Is it by Ohio?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I actually have a closet full of business economics, financial management, and Marketing... tons more. All text books from exams I have passed with flying colors
(sorry wasn't trying to brag)

You are right though, the debt ceiling does effect everyone. My comment was more of a badly thought out joke towards mr sensitive under pants who blared in here complaining about the thread.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
like in every cultur only thats blacks are cool

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join