It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Find Your Sabian Symbol

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
So I've recently come across something called Sabian Symbols. Basically, these symbols were channeled by an American psychic named Marc Edmund Jones in 1925. He channeled 360 symbols in a single day! Each symbol represents a different degree that the sun travels across the sky. Some people use these symbols similarly to how one can use tarot cards to do psychic readings. But they can also be used to find out what your personal Sabian Symbol is, that of which contains a powerful connection to your life.

I created a Youtube video to more easily show you how to find your Sabian Symbol. I also explain in the video how the Sabian Symbol connects with my life.

If you are interested in finding out your Sabian Symbol, I recommend taking the time to do so. It is rather interesting, in my opinion, and if you want you can share what you've found.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
i thought this was going to be a music thread :/

www.sabian.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaceg0at

www.sabian.com...

ooo sorry to disappoint you

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaberz
So I've recently come across something called Sabian Symbols. Basically, these symbols were channeled by an American psychic named Marc Edmund Jones in 1925. He channeled 360 symbols in a single day! Each symbol represents a different degree that the sun travels across the sky. Some people use these symbols similarly to how one can use tarot cards to do psychic readings. But they can also be used to find out what your personal Sabian Symbol is, that of which contains a powerful connection to your life.

I created a Youtube video to more easily show you how to find your Sabian Symbol. I also explain in the video how the Sabian Symbol connects with my life.

If you are interested in finding out your Sabian Symbol, I recommend taking the time to do so. It is rather interesting, in my opinion, and if you want you can share what you've found.

that of which contains a powerful connection to your life.

what is it good for

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
My kinda symbol

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d97b3a4950f1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Thanks for the links.
I've never heard of this before & its interesting.
I did mine although I'm still trying to figure out what it means exactly!!
'11-12: A Flag Turns Into An Eagle; The Eagle Into A Chanticleer Saluting The Dawn'
Cheers

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Thank you, I have never heard of these before. I'm not sure I believe in astrology, but it is an amusing diversion at least. My symbol is..."A Man Becoming Aware Of Nature Spirits And Normally Unseen Spiritual Agencies"
Unfortunately, this does not seem to mean anything to me. I'm not a man, nor do I know any men that would be interested in things like nature spirits.
Perhaps I just need to think it over some more.
It could be worse, though. I'm glad I didn't get "8-9: A Dentist At Work" or "1-2: An Epidemic Of Mumps".
By the way, I think it might be interesting to find out the symbols of some famous people, especially certain politicians. It might take some digging to find their time of birth, however..

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jewells
Thanks for the links.
I've never heard of this before & its interesting.
I did mine although I'm still trying to figure out what it means exactly!!
'11-12: A Flag Turns Into An Eagle; The Eagle Into A Chanticleer Saluting The Dawn'
Cheers

I'm glad you find it interesting
Like I said, it might not be apparent now, but it might become apparent later.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
what is it good for

It's supposed to resonate deeply with your life. Like I mentioned, mine is about a portrait, and I've always been fond of art and painting. My boyfriend's is about the autumnal moon, and autumn is his favorite season, and he has a deep connection with the moon.

Some people might find this very interesting. Personally, I do, but I find astrology in general rather interesting.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Thank you for bringing this to light, I would like to know, what if I don't know my hour of birth?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astrithr
Thank you, I have never heard of these before. I'm not sure I believe in astrology, but it is an amusing diversion at least. My symbol is..."A Man Becoming Aware Of Nature Spirits And Normally Unseen Spiritual Agencies"
Unfortunately, this does not seem to mean anything to me. I'm not a man, nor do I know any men that would be interested in things like nature spirits.
Perhaps I just need to think it over some more.
It could be worse, though. I'm glad I didn't get "8-9: A Dentist At Work" or "1-2: An Epidemic Of Mumps".
By the way, I think it might be interesting to find out the symbols of some famous people, especially certain politicians. It might take some digging to find their time of birth, however..

You're welcome! Yours is very intriguing and it reminds me of a book I've read called Creative Dreaming. In it, it talked about when Native American youths become a man, they have to go out in the woods without food or water and stay in a tree. Then, once they become so deliriously hungry a guide comes to them and tells them what they are going to have to do for the rest of their life, (e.g. shaman, hunter, farmer, potter). Oftentimes this guide that comes to them takes the form of an animal. It's a pretty interesting book, but that passage reminded me of it.

Also, I hope everyone is doing it right. That website gives the degree, but it also gives the minutes and seconds. So I hope people aren't looking it up by the minutes or seconds, which would completely throw off the symbol. I probably should have mentioned that in the video, but I forgot :/

But yeah, it also looks like your birthday is very close to mine Astrithr
Happy belated birthday!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by electricalpup
Thank you for bringing this to light, I would like to know, what if I don't know my hour of birth?

If you don't know the hour of birth then you can't find yours unfortunately. I suppose you can guess an hour, and then look at the symbol that comes up, and maybe the symbols around it and see if any of them resonate with you.

Or you might have luck requesting the long form version of your birth certificate from the government, it should have your time of birth on there.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaberz

Thanks Xaberz, I was born in 1956, and I have received a copy of my birth, but no hour of birth on copy,I guess my certificate displays the old system of record keeping. I will scan over the symbols and see if any truly resonates.
edit on 7-9-2011 by electricalpup because: poor paragraphing

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Thanks to the OP. I have been a passionate amateur astrologer for years, and the Sabian Symbols are one of the easiest and most informative quick results from a chart that you can get.

If you get a full chart of your birth time, you can read the sabian symbols for every planet, lunar node, vertex and anti vertex, and angles. They are extremely accurate and informative. I believe there are places on the net where you can get a basic chart done for free. Astrodienst is the name of one site if memory serves. As a quick note, in a full chart each point will have a degree and minute. So your sun might be at 18 degrees and 34 minutes of aquarius. To get the correct sabian for such a sun, look at the symbol for 19 aquarius. In other words, round up the minutes to the next higher degree.

Highest recommendation and thanks to the original poster for bringing it up.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
thank you for showing us these interesting symbols and stuff...
for what i got so far is: "Telephone Lineman At Work Installing New Connections" which makes me say "ah ha" and it resonates with me...
but, i need to confirm my exact hour of birth for all i remember my mom telling me that i was born around noon, quarter to one or quarter after one... i did my chart with 12:45 noon for i think that was more likely as far as i remember my mom's words many years ago...

i do not have the time on my birth certificate :/ so, hopefully my mother still remembers it correctly when i ask her tomorrow...

cheers.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melyanna
As a quick note, in a full chart each point will have a degree and minute. So your sun might be at 18 degrees and 34 minutes of aquarius. To get the correct sabian for such a sun, look at the symbol for 19 aquarius. In other words, round up the minutes to the next higher degree.

Highest recommendation and thanks to the original poster for bringing it up.

the sabian symbols degree meanings are listed in the format: "0-1, 1-2, 2-3, ... 18-19, etc..." so there is no need to round up the minutes!

in your example you just look up Aquarius 18-19 degree meaning and not the 19-20 one

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Cantilever Bridge Across A Deep Gorge
??? I have NOOOOOOO idea what this means. At all.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CeeRZ

search your mind and it should eventually resonate with you...

would it make more sense if you think of it this way:

"you are a harmonious bridge across the grand canyon"

maybe that will click better in your mind ^^

a bridge that could handle differential settlement of the foundations... "can you handle the stress?"

Cantilever Bridge: "A structure at least one portion of which acts as an anchorage for sustaining another portion which extends beyond the supporting pier."
— John Alexander Low Waddell, Bridge Engineering

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaceg0at

www.sabian.com...

LOL Exactly what I thought! I was going to say I get my Sabian Cymbals at Guitar Center. haha

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmilNomel

Originally posted by CeeRZ

search your mind and it should eventually resonate with you...

would it make more sense if you think of it this way:

"you are a harmonious bridge across the grand canyon"

maybe that will click better in your mind ^^

a bridge that could handle differential settlement of the foundations... "can you handle the stress?"

Cantilever Bridge: "A structure at least one portion of which acts as an anchorage for sustaining another portion which extends beyond the supporting pier."
— John Alexander Low Waddell, Bridge Engineering

Yes - That resonates with me. I've always been a peace keeper and even a "Bridge" so to speak for people and ideas. And often times have been called someone's rock.
Maybe it means I can keep my own feet, and help others keep their feet stable even during times of "expansive" distress.

Thank you for the perspective!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join