It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother dresses girl aged THREE as prostitute in Toddlers and Tiaras pageant

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by MischeviousElf

To me this is just plain wrong, wrong, wrong. I am totally against these pageants. The children are too young, they have to work too hard, and they are missing out on their childhood. I think the mothers are trying to live out their fantasy of being in a pageant through their daughters. To put wigs, makeup, false eyelashes, and provocative clothing on a toddler is wrong.Teaching these young innocents provocative ways of dancing, singing and speaking...is wrong too.

I am very sad and worried for these precious little ones. To me their parents are imbeciles. They are exposing their children to sexual predators. The parents are very foolish and wrong.

What can be done?

You can mind your own business and raise your kids as you choose. Just because you think it is wrong does not mean that it is or that society needs to do something about it. How do I know everything you do as a parent is genius? I know great father who never put his little girl in a pagent. She is dead now though because he was against seatbelts. Not every parent is perfect so either you need to implement a police state and take them all so you can raise them as you see fit or you need to get over the fact that a little girl put on a dress you did not like.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
For once I am actually speechless..
Even my 14 year old son clocked the picture over my shoulder and walked off in disgust muttering. Oh dear...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sevensight

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by MischeviousElf

To me this is just plain wrong, wrong, wrong. I am totally against these pageants. The children are too young, they have to work too hard, and they are missing out on their childhood. I think the mothers are trying to live out their fantasy of being in a pageant through their daughters. To put wigs, makeup, false eyelashes, and provocative clothing on a toddler is wrong.Teaching these young innocents provocative ways of dancing, singing and speaking...is wrong too.

I am very sad and worried for these precious little ones. To me their parents are imbeciles. They are exposing their children to sexual predators. The parents are very foolish and wrong.

What can be done?

You can mind your own business and raise your kids as you choose. Just because you think it is wrong does not mean that it is or that society needs to do something about it. How do I know everything you do as a parent is genius? I know great father who never put his little girl in a pagent. She is dead now though because he was against seatbelts. Not every parent is perfect so either you need to implement a police state and take them all so you can raise them as you see fit or you need to get over the fact that a little girl put on a dress you did not like.

while in theory eerything you say is true, I have to say you have a narrow view of the situation. You are looking at this purely from the perspective of the parent of these children, or even the children themselves. You seem fine to say "Ah, how bad could it mess them up anyway? Other parents do worse."

What the real issue, at the heart of this thread, is:
What is this doing to society as a whole??
You may not think you care what one parent does with their children, but believe me things like this can have a way of impacting everyone in society. If not you, maybe your children or grandchildren will have the pleasure of living in a society where it is fine for innocent little girls to be sexualized, a world where pedophilea is harder to stem because we blatantly broadcast on the LEARNING channel young babes in low cuts, and high cuts, high heels and more make-up than a tramp would wear. It isnt just about THESE kids and their brain dead parents, it is about what this says about our society as a whole, what this says about the direction we are headed, and what this says about MSM and their agenda. Yes, beuaty pageants happen - do these little girls really need to be broadcast to millions of people? There is also a legal aspect here. I am concerned to see these children on tv. They are not old enough to give their consent, and the images can come back to haunt them later in life. Think of the humiliation of being a grown woman dogged by old videos of yourself having tantrums as a toddler, fighting with your mother, crying and sobbing, dressing like a slut? These kids should not be televised at all. There should be a cut off age where the law says sorry, your child is not old enough to be at your mercy when it comes to their public life. But i guess that will never happen.
I think anyone with any moral decency should turn off this stupid channel and refuse to turn it on until the show gets yanked off the air.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Discovery Communications

To contact the Ethics Hotline in the U.S. and Canada, please dial (800) 398-6395.
Outside of the U.S. and Canada, please dial +1-800-398-6395 and use the appropriate toll-free access code listed below.

United Kingdom
BT: 0800-89-0011
C&W: 0500-89-0011

corporate.discovery.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by chrissiel123

Well Chrissie, that was very well said. I actually agree with everything except for a law making it illegal to put kids on tv. I think parents should take RESPONSIBILITY for what they do. And with responsible decision-making, I doubt this show would exist for us all to complaint about. But we are the nation of apathy. I swear if I weren't so cynical, I think I would have lost my mind with the way society is. The way we treat each other.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Sevensight

You have had a really strong reaction to this topic...so have I. We are both entitled to our individual opinions. So...we can agree to disagree. Take care.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
What Can I Do About This Show?

I have TLC blocked from all my receivers.

I encourage all of you to do the same.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Rapid age progression of this girl's thought process:
Age 6: "Look at me! Look at me!"
Age 13: "Look at me! Look at me!"
Age 17: "Look at me! Look at me!"
Age 21: :Look at me! Look at me!"
Age 36: "Look at me! Look at me!"

This mother is destroying her daughter. She is going to grow up to be an attention whore. The mother is living vicariously through her child. The mother obviously is starved for attention, so she's using her daughter to gain the attention she needs. This is the ego equivalent of Münchausen syndrome.
en.wikipedia.org...

This mother is teaching her daughter that only your appearance is important. The mother is obviously working with only a half mind and passing this sickness on to her daughter.

The mother is also teaching her daughter that any amount of money must be used so you look good and people will like you. The prostitute outfit is poisonous for this girl's mind. She will remember how much attention she received when she showed more flesh and this will remain in her psyche.

Whatever happened to only splurging on a dress for a special occasion and prom? Can you imagine what this girl is going to expect her prom dress to cost? This mother is grooming this poor girl to be a monster who seeks only attention and will be confused when she starts dating. Any attention she gets will be perceived as love because I can bet you that every time this girl leaves the stage, her mother tells her "They just loved you!"

Parents, everything you do is an example of proper adult behavior to your child. If you have your kids around every time you're partying and socializing with your drinking friends, they will most likely grow up believing that you can't socialize unless you're drinking. (And, yes,there is a difference between having a beer at a barbeque and going to a social drinking bash.) If you demonstrate to your child that looks are more important than intelligence, than they'll grow up believing that you only have to use half your brain to get ahead in life while your body does the rest.

Believe it or not, dressing your child up and parading them on stage in front of a bunch of people who don't even care if the girl can read is mentally abusive. You are teaching your child the wrong values.

When I worked at the mall, they'd have these stupid little miss pageants in the center square on the weekends. The most disgusting part was all the men on the second floor leaning over the railing gawking at them.

edit on 8-9-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sevensight

SevenSight.. are you a parent?
I only ask because it's seems to me that those that see the parent wishes in this mere realilty. for their child, happens to be their lost in life. With hopes of creating that moment not for them.. the child, but for you....

There is a time to reflect...
Regrets are tough enough within your own life, if you had a chance to make them.. but to, why empose those past loses onto a another if you could change it for the better.

She really did not have a choice.. Pretty Women is'nt a excuse to put her out there...

However, at this rate, we could expect a new series of "Who is the youngest Male Stud"

What are you passing forward?

If you can't be true to yourself.. how do you expect the same from your child?

Jesse

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11
Makes me sad. One reason (I know this might sound bad) but one reason I"m glad I had a boy instead of a girl. I honestly don't know if I am capable of dealing with that kind of pressure on young girls today. My daughter would probably hate me because I would be like "no, no, no, no, no," everywhere she turned. haha.

And there's so much shock when pedophelia runs rampant. Come on people, this type of stuff is WHY.

I'd like to add, she doesn't look much different than some of the barbie dolls that are advertised and sold to young girls her age in the supermarket.

It's no wonder this is thought to be acceptable.
Starts with fantasy and moves real life before you know it. What happened to protecting our young children? I don't care what anyone says, that is way too young to be exposed to that type of imagery, not to mention pretending to BE that image.
edit on 7-9-2011
edit on 7-9-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

Actually, pedophilia follows bloodlines most often. No cases of "inspired pedophilia" have been documented.

However, and more to your point, we shouldn't furnish pedophiles with legal material. And I'd say what we should do with the mothers, and the mothers who watch with their daughters, but I'd like to maintain my status as a T&C violation-free user. extra DIV

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I am not particular religious but I think it is a sign of the times we live in. It must be one of the strategies of lucifer to pollute the young and to encourage bad moral.

Money crazy parents and parents who have lost sight of what is good moral are an excellent condiut for archieving such a goal.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
They have been doing this crap for a long time. I remember it since Jean Bonnai' Ramsey. That little girl
was murdered in her home they paraded her around in these child pagents..

It has just gotten HUGE now, and every mother under the son who is trying to make a quick buck
is putting there kid's in this..

I read a article where the mother was letting her 9 year old daughter get face injections!!!
It is not illegal either!!

This stuff is sick, I AGREE.

It is just harmless fun though, they say..

I think the parents should be arrested..

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmcgee
They have been doing this crap for a long time. I remember it since Jean Bonnai' Ramsey. That little girl

It has just gotten HUGE now, and every mother under the son who is trying to make a quick buck

I read a article where the mother was letting her 9 year old daughter get face injections!!!

It is just harmless fun though, they say..

That botox girl was a hoax. It was admitted by the mother a long while ago. www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.eonline.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'm probably wasting my energy over this too, from certain perspectives.

I would like to add... this is not about the children - although they will suffer eventual consequences.

Some will display the amazing and miraculous resilience to shed the baggage being thrust on to them.... others won't. Who can tell which will endure without repercussions? Neither you nor I.

To amplify the initial statement... this is not about the children... every scene, every gesture, every outfit, every 'ambition' attributed or painted onto the child comes from the parents... sadly, in many cases, the mothers.

Children are young people. They haven't had time or even the interest in 'evolving' into the "image" of one person or another... it's all play for them... unless the parents (and I am increasingly inclined to blame both) make it a 'job' for them.

When you see a child dressed as a prostitute, or some grotesquely shallow representation of the Hollywood/Madison Avenue social engineering disease.... I can almost be certain it's the parents vicariously doing what they themselves want to do... being vicariously what they suddenly find themselves with the power to impose upon their little 'doll' or 'plaything.'

Blame Hollywood, producers, directors, media moguls... why? The PARENTS are doing this... not the children, who left to themselves, would just as soon pretend to be an explorer, an adventurer, a doctor, astronaut... a mommy or grown-up who they see as interesting from their innocent perspective.

This is another extension of the media consumer paradigm.... if you really - truly - want to "do" something about it... make it so it is not profitable... Don't watch.... //but don't just//* ridicule those who do. Boycott the sponsors (all cast as wholesome corporate citizens) on the day of the "show" at the mall, or Elk Club.... convince everyone you know NOT to go.... call your friends who think this is 'cute' and explain to them what you think about it all....

Change can never be successfully "forced" onto the world... it has to be inspired... or the same crap will surface again and again... as it has since the days when Public-relations pioneer Edward Bernays convinced the American elite that people were so much like cattle they deserve to be treated that way...

* - added after original post ... changed the whole idea of what I meant... big time "duh!" on my part.
edit on 8-9-2011 by Maxmars because: An honest mistake

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_is_Slavery
Hi just read the whole thread and i see no reason kiti should have been banned, i believe she was contributing a great deal of sanity to this thread and i agree with almost all that was said by the member,
I would like a mod to reply to this tread and explain why kiti was banned

I'm in agreement with Freedom_is_Slavery.

Address the banning of Kiti. Surely ATS Admin. doesn't want the membership to get the idea that disagreeing with a SuperMod will result in being banned.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
TLC, the judges, and probably most of the audience, as well as anyone at home watching that degrading "show" should all be convicted of level 4-5 in just seeing that CHILD pose and walk around like a prostitute, even if it is "only mimicking 'Pretty Woman' star - Julia Roberts". Absolute BS.

Plus, IMHO, this show is mainly for the mothers' & fathers' chance to: "live the life they weren't allowed to in their times". This show is for brain damaged parents, pedophiles, current gov't elites, illuminati and high degree [20+] masons. Anyone else who watches it ...well, where do you stand?

Also, didn't the Holy Bible (not the New American Standard, but KJV) mention something similar to this about a sign of the end times? I'm no bible-thumper, but I do recall my dad saying something as such.

As far as I'm concerned, TLC is nothing but a trash "reality" channel that TEACHES NOTHING! ..then again, I've rarely even turned on to that channel, even more so - the television PERIOD.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It's disturbing to watch people try to rationalize and justify that which can't be justified.
"She's not acting like a prostitute, she's just acting like Julia Roberts in "Pretty Woman".
Our society has become so twisted that sure enough, there will be a sizable segment of f**d-up people who somehow think it's "OK" because the 3-yr old is just dressing up like Julia Roberts, and Julia Roberts isn't really a prostitute, she was only playing the part of one in a movie.
It's a given that in today's society, anything that makes a mockery of decency and morality will have an army of followers.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FreshNugget

I agree. I dont think TLC was always this bad. I recall a time when they were my go to channel for home dec shows, or the odd science show. I think, long time since i last watched. Now they are nothing but a garbage bin of "reality" shows. Arent they the ones that show Bridezilla? kate plus eight? just pure crap. I have no use for reality tv anyway. The only good reality tv were the shows that were the first - like season one of big brother or survivor. Catching people as they really are, not so aware of the cameras, not showboating. Once those seasons aired, every season to follow was filled with people just looking for their fame and glory. I watched two minutes of jersey shore and turned it off. sick what people will watch, what they all ooh and ahh over, facebook about, tweet about. Everytime i see some one's facebook status saying "off to watch big brother", i want to laugh at them.
There is so little entertaining programming out there. Most nights I watch nothing. I watch fringe, and big bang theory, and other than that the tv is off.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Yuck!

I dont really know what else to say at the moment...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by IlluminatusOculus33

Originally posted by popsmcgee

It is just harmless fun though, they say.

That botox girl was a hoax. It was admitted by the mother a long while ago. www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.eonline.com...

There are parents getting breast implants for their teen girls, they say it gives them a better chance and good self image...we are teaching that self image comes from a well made up face and well done expensive hairdo and expensive clothes and standing out and displaying our bodies...it ignores our mind altogether and the greatness of diversity in size, shape and looks and soon we will have nothing but identical empty headed double D bimbos for woman.

edit on 8-9-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join