It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother dresses girl aged THREE as prostitute in Toddlers and Tiaras pageant

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

What hurts this little girl is the lack of respect and dignity to her by her parent or parents. Parading her around as a prostitute is a new low. One day this 3 year old toddler, when she is older, will know.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Let us not forget there are fathers involved too. I don't know if the dads are ok with it, or just go along with it to keep peace on the homefront.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
While the outfit of the girl in the pictures may be shocking to some, it's the whole concept of beauty pageants for young children which are sick and exploitative.

I would agree with this FOR those girls (and boys) who don't want to do it. But what about the ones who do? What about tap dance? What about modeling? What about many of the other interests little girls and boys have? Gymnastics. Aren't they all just displaying children for exploitative purposes?

The only ''benefit'' which I can see in parading and humiliating your child in this way is the potential financial gain, but that is grossly outweighed by the negative emotional repercussions this may have.

Parents spend WAY more to be in these contests than the prize money. One dress can wipe out the prize money.
Plus there's all the other outfits, makeup, hair styling, accessories, fees to compete (steep) and travel... These parents have to have some bucks already.

The fact of the matter is that the ''parents'' are making the decision to enter their 2 and 3 year-olds into these contests, not the children.

Parents make ALL the decisions for 2-3 year olds. They make them go to church, they lie to them about the Easter Bunny and Santa Clause, they select their clothes, their food, their friends, their activities.... Of COURSE parents are choosing this for their toddlers.

There is no rationale to parading toddlers around in beauty pageants, and certainly no potential benefit to the child, while there are a whole host of potential negatives.

There absolutely IS potential benefit. Source

1. Recognition.

People feel valued and appreciated when they receive recognition for their hard work. ...

2. Personal Development.

The more a person recognizes and understands their strengths, values, likes, dislikes, beliefs, and personality style, the greater fulfillment and satisfaction they’ll experience from their life.

3. Communication Skills.
4. Confidence.
5. Handling Stress, Pressure and Disappointment.

In an ideal world, all of the ''parents'' who entered their young children in this would have their offspring taken off them by social services, and rehoused with a family who are actually interested in raising the child in a way which caters to the child's best interests.

And when they come to take your daughter because some buttinski parents out there think you're abusing her by dressing her as a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader for Halloween?
edit on 9/8/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
It's a TV show!! My goodness get the stick out of your butt!!! Man, when is this country gonna stop thinking everything is a crime?? Don't forget the Nazi message "If you see something, say something" especially them white folks who had nothing to do with 9/11!!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
Now this just gets worse, consider what she is thinking whilst she is paraded as a piece of meat, my god at that age even the separate ID/EGO is not formed, she is totally in theta or very very easily programmed with beliefs and values, at that age children are LEARNING MACHINES, what is she and all of similar ages watching learning?

On the bloody Learning channel!

Yes they are certainly learning but we all know what!

Now how is this child rewarded, what is the reaction by the adults judging her?

And this is why Religion should be regulated to adults over the age of 21.

Children are far too susceptible to suggestion and if you so wanted you could raise a child to believe anything, regardless of how ridiculous it may seem...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
What hurts this little girl is the lack of respect and dignity to her by her parent or parents.

You judge it as a lack of respect and dignity. But you can't know that is the case. It's very possible her parents are doing their very best to give their daughter exactly what she wants, help build her confidence and teach her to handle disappointment in life. I'm not saying that these pageants are a good thing, but to assume that it's happening out of lack of respect is going overboard, IMO, and just an uneducated assumption.

And if self-righteous armchair parents hadn't made it the HUGE deal it has now become, it would have passed by as a non-event. If anyone hurts this girl, it's the people who are shaming her and her mom for a completely innocent action.

My whole point is that as human beings, we are free to raise our children as we see fit. We can teach them fantasies about gods and Santa and fairies, we can enter them in contests, dress them up, and yes, even exploit them to a certain degree. That's part of living in a free society. EVERY parent does something that I disapprove of in raising their children. But for a person to take the position as the country's authority on how to properly raise children and try to dictate that other parents shouldn't be allowed to exercise the very same rights that all parents have, is just a matter of control and it's anti-freedom.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Question...

1. How many pedophiles have this show on Tivo.

Answer

a) All of them.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Ethics Hotline Webpage for Discovery Channel

FCC Phone/Email/Address Contact Us Page

This two links have several email addresses and phone numbers to let TLC hear our disgust. The squeaky wheel gets the oil. Boycotting and hurting their bottom line is probably the most effective thing to do, though.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival
Question...

Answer

a) All of them.

And how many pedophiles attend gymnastic meets, dance recitals, majorette contests...? Should they all be outlawed because pedophiles might find them interesting? We cannot control the world.

Should the parents of these girls be arrested?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

aren't all kids this young in pageants going to be messed up in the head, regardless of what they wear?
Prostitute or not.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

What can we do? Anyone have a phone number or E-Mail address that we could contact the producers at?

tlc.discovery.com...

this may be where to start with contact, there is a click here line for comments, although i have no doubts that they are seriously flooded with hate mail already regarding this show...
it's just sad, i mean, if it was for enjoyment i could understand, but i have watched it, and the mothers and coaches are straight b@#$hes... thinking of watching it, it's all of them against each other, i don't remember seeing the mother's like hanging out and having a good time with each other, and the little girls are always screaming and yelling... sad and pathetic, and pure pedophilia paradise

link   
I have always found this thread and other similar instances interesting in comparison to the show in question:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   

Originally posted by preparanoid
FCC Phone/Email/Address Contact Us Page

Oh, yes, let's bring the government in to impose further regulation on parenting so we can feel more in control. GREAT idea!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

EXACTLY... that is the reason for this discussion and the controversy behind it all... besides the fact that adults endorse these activities as if it's okay... i see the future of this little girl and it's called jersey whore, sorry, jersey shore... no wait, yeah the first one...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

To me this is just plain wrong, wrong, wrong. I am totally against these pageants. The children are too young, they have to work too hard, and they are missing out on their childhood. I think the mothers are trying to live out their fantasy of being in a pageant through their daughters. To put wigs, makeup, false eyelashes, and provocative clothing on a toddler is wrong.Teaching these young innocents provocative ways of dancing, singing and speaking...is wrong too.

I am very sad and worried for these precious little ones. To me their parents are imbeciles. They are exposing their children to sexual predators. The parents are very foolish and wrong.

What can be done?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Weird we just had that thread about the children removed from their parents for being to fat...what are we all about now days?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I'd be MUCH more concerned about how hard the parents are pushing their children to win those contests. Society loves to focus on the winners, but doesn't give an appreciation for all of the losers. Nor does it put a light on how these kinds of pressures change us and our society.
edit on 8-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Chillidog1

Thank you...I considered posting the Bruno piece too. A perfect illustration of what is going on here...the parents are in it for themselves...ugghh.

CJ

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival
Question...

Answer

a) All of them.

Based on what?
Do any of you even know what pedophilia is?
It is not the attractiong to children that look like adults. It is the attraction to children that look like children.
Ayone have any numbers on how many children that have been raped were dressed up "sexy" first or is this all just overactive imagination reactionary ignorace at its best?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Although I refuse to pass judgement on the parents of these kids, I still think those beauty pagents are weird. I just kind of think that the whole idea of them is messed up. But as I said, ill let others judge, its not my place how people live their lives or live their children's lives*joke*.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join