learn more

Mother dresses girl aged THREE as prostitute in Toddlers and Tiaras pageant

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

Obviously you didn't read the whole thread. This kid is dressed up pretending to be Julia Roberts from Pretty Woman, a prostitute in the movie. But that is OK right?

And...well 8 year olds just want to look like their mommy...so padded bikini's are just them playing dressup maybe? Whats next? Padded underwear for 8 year old boys?
I wonder how that conversation would go down between the parents...

I don't think parents should be jailed for child abuse, or their children taken away from them, by no means whatsoever. I just wish that they would use more common sense in their dealings with their children, and foster healthy self esteem for who these children really are, let them discover and create their own personalities without all this crap. However way you spin it, most of these mothers have a very active participation in these beauty pageants, molding and shaping their daughters to be whatever or whomever they have to be in order to win the pageants.

Let the kids be kids! Let them love themselves just the way they are! They don't need fake teeth, fake tans, padded bikinis, 5 inches of makeup, fake hair, etc, all they need is their own beautiful selves, and I like to think the world will be a less superficial and more organic place to live.

I would like to see these pageants instead showcase these children for who they really were. Let them sing, dance, write, draw, paint, whatever they wish, let their creativity shine, no need for all the other.

If they want to put on makeup, let them put it on themselves. If they want to draw all over their face, let them do it. Let their creativity spring from their heart, not from their mothers makeup brush, and being "trained" how to act and who to be.

Just my humble opinion.

A pedophile wouldn't have a hayday with this now would they? img.izismile.com...

Oh fake boobs and fake butt for a 5 year old yeah...but that's OK too.
"Just playin dressup mommy"

www.sfgate.com...

Oh wait, that's just me being a sick and disgusting person, my bad.
edit on 7-9-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)
edit on 7-9-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
If a father is in public and at a park with his young daughter, and he takes photos of her for the family album, and there are other kids there and a parent complains, this father can be charged with the sort of crime that doesn't go away easily... for taking inocent photos, because there are creeps out there who do get off on it.

...produce an actual case that i can research online and i'll be glad to discuss it with you...

BUT a mother can dress her daughter up as a slut, parade her around as a peice of meat in front of a crowd, and this is acceptable?

...obviously it is acceptable to lots of people... why are they wrong and you're right?... personal bias - thats all... my solution for those who are upset by it is - if you dont approve, dont participate and dont watch the show...

You know full well if this was a father dressing his daughter up as a prostitute, he'd be charged with a crime.

...there are fathers who are fully involved in these kiddie pagents and, as far as i know, none have been charged with child abuse... if you have proof to the contrary, please, post it...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

TLC has been quite a toilet of tv for quite some time.

Why can't kids just be kids, or maybe learn to read at a young age, instead parents try to live through their children.

I suppose in hopes to grasp at some glory they felt they lost after high school....

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani
reply to post by intrepid

reply to post by seeker11

There is not one sexual thing in those photos

I do not intend to start an argument with you as from reading your previous comments you have some strong convictions,and there isn't anything wrong with that. That being said, I just fail see how a midriff cut out dress and thigh high black boots do not have a sexual connotation. The mother could have easily put her in a princess type ball gown..We can only speculate the reasons (ratings, approval from judges, money etc), as we can't talk to the mother and or father and ask them why they chose the type of outfit they did.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Katatonik

They chose the type of outfit they did because she's supposed to be the prostitute Julia Roberts played in Pretty Woman.

*sigh* How many times do I have to repeat myself....

The TLC programme shows the child's mother dressing young Paisley up in a costume to mimic Julia Roberts' character from the 1990 hit movie, Pretty Woman.

Just the fact that they did it to mimic this is what is disturbing to me. But perhaps I'm just being crazy and a prude. Ah well...so be it.

I suppose given this logic then if a little catholic school boy had been abused by a Father in a famous movie you might think it would be OK or funny to dress up a child as that boy and send him off to a beauty pageant. The logic doesn't work! (I'm not saying you would think it's ok, just making my point, and my interpretation of what you've said to me)

I'm not saying little girls shouldn't be allowed to dress up or play with makeup, but let's have some common sense people! Dressing up your little girl as a prostitute from a famous movie is just dumb! It's not funny!
edit on 8-9-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I actually agree with both sides of the debate here.

Yes this looks wrong and the parents should be more aware of how people react to this.

And that leads to my other point, the more extreme people react to this the more it will hurt the kid, what may seem like dress up to her will one day make her feel scared and sad not just because of her mother, but because of the negative publicity she starts seeing from people who have extreme views on the subject.

I think I remember something similar with some Brazilian festival and a happy dancing girl, she ended up crying from all the publicity and "media" people surrounding her because of everyone making a big deal about her age.

So in the end yes the parents are to blame, but we should also be careful not to turn something like this into a nightmare for the kid.

p.s I agree with seekers comments, let kids be kids. And jailing the parents would be stupid, if I was the kid I wouldn't want my mummy to go away(unless of course there are more signs of abuse) taking away the parents she loves would be GREAT example of how people with extreme views can hurt a child even more.
edit on 8-9-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

reply to post by thedoctorswife

I agree that you shouldn't force or even allow a child to participate in a contest like that in front of judges ...but being from the south girls don't just call their hairdressers miss...it's a formal way to speak to someone here goes education 1st grade miss is an unmarried woman mrs. Is a married woman and mr. Is a man....c'mon these pagents are held everywhere so just because ones from the south are televised doesn't mean you have to attack the south like that sounds to me like you are just as bad as some of the ignorant ones that are everywhere not just the south!!!!
edit on 8-9-2011 by theskipper00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Sorry I am fairly new to this. I maybe have worded it wrong, I meant that I don't see how anyone could not see the sexual connection with the way the young girl was dressed. My post was more or less to Kiti and her saying that there was nothing sexual about the outfit. My apologies

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Katatonik

Sorry I am fairly new to this. I maybe have worded it wrong, I meant that I don't see how anyone could not see the sexual connection with the way the young girl was dressed. My post was more or less to Kiti and her saying that there was nothing sexual about the outfit. My apologies

Oh, I see. Yeah I totally took it the other way around.

Thanks for the clarification.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

No problem, and by the way I actually thought you made some great points reading through the posts

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Nothing compared to US where the pageants I think originated from (also known as Pedophilia Pageants), in US one mother testifies that it is common to even inject your kids with Bottox.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Uhh when she said I'm smiling on the inside. That is not a normal thing for a kid to say.
I think the mother is gonna get a wake up call when her daughter grows up and rebels.

Looks like this girl is already out of control lol
I like when the woman said "putting nails on her is like putting nails on a Tasmanian devil."
I think it's more like putting nails on a 4-5 year old kid........what does she expect lol.

edit on 8-9-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBirdSaid

You clearly need to read the OP all over again or tell the author they got the topic wrong. You might also want to correct the dozens of other posters that are addressing the topic in the OP. This is not about Pagents in general unless someone other than the OP has changed it into that. Not sure what you know about ATS but the opening post is the topic. Read it all over again.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

A pedophile wouldn't have a hayday with this now would they? img.izismile.com... Oh fake boobs and fake butt for a 5 year old yeah...but that's OK too. "Just playin dressup mommy" www.sfgate.com... Oh wait, that's just me being a sick and disgusting person, my bad.

No, this^^ is quite sick and i agree with you that dressing a child of this age in lingerie, fake breasts and Ass is wrong (as the later are secondary sexual characteristics)
I don't really have a problem with the pageants themselves, I do have a problem with the parents that force their children to compete, as i would feel the same in any situation eg. sport.
And the ones that even consider dressing there child in lingerie to be paraded in front of people is disturbing to say the least

This is a very touchy issue for most people and in no way do advocate the the abuse of children
But i also don't have a problem with children playing dress up. But when a parent is deliberately giving a child sexual characteristics like fake beasts and ass (like pic from original article) I Do.

this is a comment from the original article

Despite my contempt for these pageants, this does seem to be a small overreaction. I'm pretty sure the intended theme of the skit was not prostitution. Inappropriate perhaps but hardly child abuse. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I have not seen that program so i can not really comment on it, but i did see a program the other day called "Pushy and Pround" where a girl as young as was getting a fake tan. The young girl said she felt ugly is she didn't have tan plastered on her.

Makes he ashamed of the media/society for allowing this to happen.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
"We have a serious problem when a network formerly known as The Learning Channel features a toddler, who probably hasn't even learned to read, dressed as a prostitute showing off her sexy strut,” TLC should really change it's name to "The Reality Channel" since that's all they show anymore plus the inititials TRC could also stand for The Retard Channel since they seem more concerned with retarding peoples thought process than expanding it.

Like most other television networks, The Learning Channel, The discovery Channel, and The History Channel have gone down the toilet with all of these [un]"reality" shows. I remember when TLC, THC,and TDC actually had educational programming, now it's just the same old stupid BS every night. This is why I said no to cable and satelitte 3 years ago.

As for these so called "moms" on this show, I think they rank right along side of Kate plus eigth for loser mom of the year awards. These women are just plain wack_jobs and I really think that they are mentaly imbalanced and are comitting child abuse by doing what they do.

It's just a good example and indicator of the dowward spiral of our society's moral fabric.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
d00d she's a little girl. It was probably meant for a laugh, and it got the intended result, and the most important thing is... The kid is having fun.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11
reply to post by Katatonik

They chose the type of outfit they did because she's supposed to be the prostitute Julia Roberts played in Pretty Woman.

*sigh* How many times do I have to repeat myself....

The TLC programme shows the child's mother dressing young Paisley up in a costume to mimic Julia Roberts' character from the 1990 hit movie, Pretty Woman.

Just the fact that they did it to mimic this is what is disturbing to me. But perhaps I'm just being crazy and a prude. Ah well...so be it.

I suppose given this logic then if a little catholic school boy had been abused by a Father in a famous movie you might think it would be OK or funny to dress up a child as that boy and send him off to a beauty pageant. The logic doesn't work! (I'm not saying you would think it's ok, just making my point, and my interpretation of what you've said to me)

I'm not saying little girls shouldn't be allowed to dress up or play with makeup, but let's have some common sense people! Dressing up your little girl as a prostitute from a famous movie is just dumb! It's not funny!
edit on 8-9-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

You keep reempashizing that she is dressed up as a prostitute, as of her parents have her out working the streets. It is just a costume, not any different than any of the other costumes she would put on at the pageant. She most likely doesn't even know who Julia Roberts is, or even heard of 'Pretty Woman'.

So this costume has no context for the girl, it's not demeaning or emotionally scarring. The adults are laughing, because they get the joke. So my question is, how is this any different than putting her in a random wig and shorts, not 'based' off a character? Because I don't see any difference from her point of view. And if that's the case, Julie Roberts could have been a hooker or a nazi or a sociopath and it really wouldn't have made the slightest difference to the child.

If you want to discuss the impact pageants in general have on children, I think you would be on solid ground. But feigning outrage at what is otherwise a very modest outfit just doesn't make any sense to me. Is it in poor taste? Perhaps. But child abuse? Neglect? Absolutely not.

ETA: That last line was not so much directed at you, but at some comments earlier in the thread.
edit on 8-9-2011 by Akasirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Oh..Oh... I have a great idea, lets pimp our kids out to the media, and for all the people that have access to the media.

What do you say,? its already being done? Well darn there goes our ship princess.

This is ridiculousness.

Are there really those of you who are defending this behavior?

Let me guess most of you are Christians or at least sheep that belong to the consumer machine...
edit on 8-9-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)
edit on 8-9-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

you only single ount one " contestant" - i find the entire conceopt of the event unerving

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join