It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother dresses girl aged THREE as prostitute in Toddlers and Tiaras pageant

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Pretty messed up and extremely sad. Not so much the outfit the girl is wearing. just the show in general, BUT it's not any different than kids and sports.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I have been hesitant to reply to this. I was in pageants as a kid and I loved it. Dressing up and wearing makeup was fun, it was all play. Of course this was 30 years ago, and it was tasteful. It wasn't sexualized, just girls in frilly dresses, not the type of clothing grown women wear.
I have never seen the show toddlers and Tiaras , but from what I have heard about it, they take things way too far. Dressing you child as a prostitute? Disgusting.
There is nothing wrong with pageants, if done tastefully. You can't be afraid of pedophiles, yes they are out there, but pedophiles will sexualize a normal, modestly dressed child. Its a sad fact that they exist and you have to protect your children from them, but can't just keep your child from living life because they exist.
A line is drawn though when it is clear that it is obvious sexualiation like in the case of the 10 year old Vogue photo shoot. Also when it becomes more about the parents than the child having fun and getting to play dress up, and enjoying the attention. You just have to use common sense. Obviously this mother did not.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Now I'm off to fix that post... (I have to wonder how many other times I have sped by a key part of a phrase I was composing.... scary thought... )

...i do it too and, the pathetic thang is, lol, i type my responses on notepad first and proof it before putting it in the reply box and then i proof it again... has nothing to do with advanced age, i'm sure of it (or surely in denial)...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
here is a funny clip:

so what was wrong with that? Sheldon isnt a pedophile. He didnt have sinister intentions. So what does this have to do with this thread? The point is it isnt about how revealing or sexual the outfits are really. It is because this is the world we live in. It is about society as a whole recognizes why we are overprotective of chidlren's rights, and yet crap like this is allowed to air regardless. A few very bad apples ruined the barrel for the rest of us. Because of this, grown men can't talk to little girls, men hanging around a children's playground are reported to police, god forbid one tried to take a picture of one. Schools have strict rules about who can visit and why. And shows like this should not be allowed to air. The fact that it is on the air, despite what must have been thousands of protest letters, is a mystery. I bet if a man went to these events and took pictures of these girls he would be arrested, yet he can sit at home and ivo it.
edit on 8-9-2011 by chrissiel123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2011 by chrissiel123 because: bad imbed

edit:sorry, it wont let me imbed a vid.

www.youtube.com...

if it doesnt work, my post wont make any sense, lol. It is the big bang episode where sheldon makes a little girl friend at the bookstore, and leonard has to rush him out!
edit on 8-9-2011 by chrissiel123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Another sign of degradation of society. The people doing this need to be held accountable.

If they think they've gotten away with this then there truly mistaken.

God see's all things.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
wrong on every level..no three year old should be wearing sexy ANYTHING. no 10 or 12 year old should..I'm telling ya, pedos all over just go nuts for this stuff, and parents allowing their children to dress like this just eggs them on. I don't understand people anymore, I really don't.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

i know. i feel for my two girls, pray they never find out how bad the world can be firsthand.

on a positive note - love your sig. Gunslinger! gave you a star for that.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
Another sign of degradation of society. The people doing this need to be held accountable.

If they think they've gotten away with this then there truly mistaken.

God see's all things.

^
Most disturbing Avatar/Post combo ever.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
This is not a knock at you OP, but the only people that see them dressed as anything but little girls in costumes, is a pedophile.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sith9157
This is not a knock at you OP, but the only people that see them dressed as anything but little girls in costumes, is a pedophile.

or a parent.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sith9157

Now you are just talking rubbish.

Pedophillia actually doesnt even have alot to do with what people are saying.

Its the exploitation of children for money and a hobby for the parents, not the kids! They arnt pedos, they are almost certinly extremly proud of their kid and wouldnt do anything to perposly harm them in anyway.

Make up and slutty sexy gear is for adults to appear 'more attractive' or to enhance attractivness, kids have no business with any of that till early teens!

Now im sure there are some pedos out there that might get off on it, but thats not my primary reason to find this whole situation distirbing, think of the poor kids paraded around at 3 years old!!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrissiel123
While in theory eerything you say is true, I have to say you have a narrow view of the situation. You are looking at this purely from the perspective of the parent of these children, or even the children themselves. You seem fine to say "Ah, how bad could it mess them up anyway? Other parents do worse."

What the real issue, at the heart of this thread, is:
What is this doing to society as a whole??

NOTHING. I would never even have seen this little girl in this dress if the OP had not posted it here. No one shoved the images of this little girl in my face until this concerned ATSer decided to give it more publicity. Otherwise it would have stayed right where it belonged on a channel I never watch, no one I know watches, and between the parents and the people that do make and watch the show. There are lots of bad things going on in the world that really do not impact society until some "do gooder" decides to make it a societal problem.

Stop projecting.

You may not think you care what one parent does with their children, but believe me things like this can have a way of impacting everyone in society.

While what you say in theory may be true and may not, I am going to need real world facts from you on this. You cannot just make up the idea that this little girl in this dress and wig is a detriment to society as a whole without you know...facts.

If not you, maybe your children or grandchildren will have the pleasure of living in a society where it is fine for innocent little girls to be sexualized,

The only people sexualizing this little girl are the ones like you feigning disgust at it. How about you all get your minds out of the gutter. I still have no clue why this little girl is turning any of you on or where you see this sexualization.

a world where pedophilea is harder to stem because we blatantly broadcast on the LEARNING channel young babes in low cuts, and high cuts, high heels and more make-up than a tramp would wear.

Now you are just making things up. The lot of you need to educate yourselves about pedophiles and what they actually desire. HINT: NOT kids that look grownup.

It isnt just about THESE kids and their brain dead parents, it is about what this says about our society as a whole, what this says about the direction we are headed, and what this says about MSM and their agenda.

Specifically, what does it say? I hear what some of you THINK it says but if you are going to go off on what it actually does say then please do tell me exactly what that is that it says.

Yes, beuaty pageants happen - do these little girls really need to be broadcast to millions of people?

No more so than "I didn't know I was pregnant" or that MTV show where all the 15 year olds are having sex. Well, take your pick of shows there.

There is also a legal aspect here. I am concerned to see these children on tv. They are not old enough to give their consent, and the images can come back to haunt them later in life.

That would apply to any child actor, model, performer. So those cute little girls I see on America's got talent who dress up real nice and sing their hearts out are being just as taken advantage of which means it has nothing to do with what she is doing or wearing. Any idea how many babies act on television? Where is the outrage over that? Or tell me what laws you are imagining apply here.

Think of the humiliation of being a grown woman dogged by old videos of yourself having tantrums as a toddler, fighting with your mother, crying and sobbing, dressing like a slut?

Why should I think of a scenario you just made up? How about you think of the poor purple unicorns that have had their horn stolen by Darkness. Damn shame when imaginary stuff like that happens.

These kids should not be televised at all.

Going back to the point you just tried to make do you really mean "these" kids or all kids? Are you suggesting that a 3 year old dressed in a snow suit gave consent this little girl did not?

There should be a cut off age where the law says sorry, your child is not old enough to be at your mercy when it comes to their public life. But i guess that will never happen.

Yeah, there should be way more laws controlling how people raise their kids. The government hardly steps in enough there.

MORE LAWS YAY!!!!!!
And these laws are there to protect kids from....
...being photographed or televised?
How many letters did you write trying to get Kate plus 8 off the air?

I think anyone with any moral decency should turn off this stupid channel and refuse to turn it on until the show gets yanked off the air.

Yeah well that is your problem right there. I sure as hell would not watch that show and never have. Bark somewhere else.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by Sevensight

You have had a really strong reaction to this topic...so have I.

Again, stop projecting. I am sorry it gave you a strong reaction but do not project your feelings onto my posts.

We are both entitled to our individual opinions. So...we can agree to disagree. Take care.

Pretty sure I said that once already.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessemole

SevenSight.. are you a parent?

Explain the relvevance of that question please. You know, before I am told how unfit to be a parent I am again.

I only ask because it's seems to me that those that see the parent wishes in this mere realilty. for their child, happens to be their lost in life. With hopes of creating that moment not for them.. the child, but for you....

Me? Yeah you really need to explain that. That is not my daughter and I would not do that to my kids. How does this become about what I want for my child in respect to the OP? I do not want my kids in pagents like that. Easy enough? I do not want my kids to eat ice cream for breakfast either but if you so choose that path I am not going to start a thread on ATS begging people to join my outrage over it and ask for more legislation to get between you and your child just because I do not like how you are raising your kid.

No one has been able to show any harm done to this girl. The best any of you can do is say what you all THINK she is going to be like when she gets older. You have no clue.

There is a time to reflect...
Regrets are tough enough within your own life, if you had a chance to make them.. but to, why empose those past loses onto a another if you could change it for the better.

Why are you asking me?

She really did not have a choice..

Oh?
How do you guys know so many intimate details about what this girl wanted and did not want? I have not seen any of that posted other than you guys GUESSING. How would you know if she had a choice or not?

Pretty Women is'nt a excuse to put her out there...

Not sure anyone said that it was.

However, at this rate, we could expect a new series of "Who is the youngest Male Stud"

What are you passing forward?

What are you talking about? I think you have confused me with the mother of this child or a producer for TLC. I am neither.

If you can't be true to yourself.. how do you expect the same from your child?

Jesse

Honestly no clue what you are talking to me about. You have no idea how I raise my kids.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
My sister watches the show and had a similar negative reaction, so I watched it just to see what she was talking about and I felt it was a bit much; but 'cute'. The concept was to portray a celebrity, and she was to look and act as the character Julie Roberts played in pretty woman. Yes the character is a prostitute; but the little girl wasn't acting like a prostitute, she was just walking back and forth smiling and having fun; being a cute little kid. It was an unusual choice of character by her Mother; but it was funny and cute, that's probably why the little girl won the event.

I think some people take themselves a bit too seriously, and imho; people shouldn't judge others just because 'they' wouldn't have done the same thing.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourignoranceisbliss
These types of shows (are there really more of these) are pretty disturbing.

I understand there are women and their daughters, whatever ages, that love to dress up and role-play or whatever, but I think they are underestimating just how sick some men (and rarely some women) can be.

When I see these kinds of events going on, my brain screams "pedo alert!". Do these mothers really not see the potential harm in placing their kids in this type of environment?

It's all very creepy, to be honest.

How many of these girls have been raped at these pagents?
How many of these girls have been raped because someone saw them in a pagent?

Sorry but I really like to deal in the real world with real world facts.

A pedophile is on the hunt for an accessable little kid that looks like an accessable little kid. They are not watching tv, looking for the grown up looking kids, and then trying to find a way to meet and then rape them.

If anyone can prove me wrong, I will be happy to change my stance.

Here is a fun experiment.

Total the number of girls from these pagents that have been raped.
Total the number of girls that play on playgrounds and get raped.
Total the number of girls that go to their uncles house and get raped.
Total the number of girls that go to a caregiver and get raped.

Now tell me what you want outlawed. Playgrounds, babysitters, uncles, or pagents. Be realistic now.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

You are a very difficult person....have fun with that...peace out. I will no longer respond to you.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It is kind of sick to see the judges looking like that. Acting likes its cute and acceptable to see this. I like looking further at the audience and seeing they arent so about the money and happy to see it.

Who does the show entertain other than pedophiles?

The women that put their children on the show should feel worse. Selling their kids to the highest bidder.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
wheres the "destruction derby gokarts" from the age of 3?

Or how about boxing toddlers!?

The child cant even decide to do it or not, let alone what might be appropriate.

Id like to see the percentage of girls that do this that do go on to sex related crimes or earily pregnancy. Id be happy to shut up if that was 0% but i suspect its above normal for sure. This is just an opinion, i cant back this up with data.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This thread is nonsense, get a grip and deal with it. Why not concentrate on your own kids and let other people raise theirs? Personally I am not a fan of kids but if you're dumb enough to have them, then you take responsibility for your own, end of.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join