It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother dresses girl aged THREE as prostitute in Toddlers and Tiaras pageant

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

The exploitation of children has grown to an alarming degree. Viewing this kind of thing is immoral, disgusting, distasteful, shameful, and very sad for the child's upbringing. Many children are not given or allowed the chance to just be children. The innocence of a child is the most precious time of life, if only it could be carried on through life to the day we die. If every living human being could keep that innocence, what a wonderful world it would be.
So when I see adults exploiting children, it does make me sick to my stomach.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by chrissiel123

They aren't "leaving the house" dressed as this.....They are playing dress up for a TV show. HUGE difference and you know that.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Did you read what you wrote?
These kids are, in fact, leaving the house so they can go to a studio where a whole audience of people can gawk at them while cameras are recording the entire thing. Then, it's put on the internet.

If I were this little girl, I'd be horrified when I grew up and realized that my mom was turning me into a spectacle. A "pretend" piece of meat based on a movie. How classy! Maybe her mother believes that a rich Richard Gere look-a-like is going to sweep her daughter off her feet and treat her like a princess for the rest of her life.

Seriously, stop acting as though this is Halloween dress up and the girl is being taken by her mother to knock on doors for candy.

I guess I'm wasting my typing skills. What should I expect from someone who's in the mood for "plasma boobies"?
edit on 8-9-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I am not particular religious but I think it is a sign of the times we live in. It must be one of the strategies of lucifer to pollute the young and to encourage bad moral.

Money crazy parents and parents who have lost sight of what is good moral are an excellent condiut for archieving such a goal.
[/quote
]i know this is slightly off-topic, but i do think its relevant in exploring the sort of world we're living in today. I picked up my daughter and niece from school today (age 12 and 8), and im driving along in the car at 3.30 in the afternoon with them in the back of the car happily singing along to the radio. Next song to come on was Bruno Mars "The lazy song", the radio station decides to not put a beep over the inappropriate word, so we hear "find a really nice girl, have some really nice sex" ,I mean the lyric isnt even innuendo, its meaning is obvious. The sad thing is, its a good song and the guy didnt need to put that particular lyric in. And how difficult is it for the radio station to put a beep in?, (very easy apparantly). It made me think, theres another lyric in the song "in my castle, im the freaking king", at this rate, how long will it be, for it to be considered acceptable in society to just say the F word?
Im not a prude, but i believe in the inappropriateness of certain things, especially when they affect the growing minds of our children, i believe the above scenario, is, if things carry on the way they are, a distinct possibility.
And for anyone to says, "dont listen to the radio station again", well fair enough. But what does that say about our society, when a family radio station, knowing that that broadcast time is when children will be listening are playing these lyrics?
Times they are a-changing, not for the better though.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Some of you hit the nail right on the head. Its mothers living vicariously through their children - which, depending on the subject at hand, can be good or bad. In this case, it is VERY bad. Here why...

Take a look at these ugly mothers. Nearly any show their actual appearance. They are jealous that prettier woman than themselves exist in this world and to try and "catch up" by caking on the make-up and trying to convince themselves that beauty lies in the ability to wear the latest fashions and be kept just perfectly.
Now they want to perpetuate their superficial attitudes onto the their children.
Instead of being realistic and concentrating on inner beauty, they go over the top to try and fit, by any means possible, with the naturally beautiful people on the planet. Its really ashamed.
You cant polish a turd ladies. Get over it and discover you and your children's true beauty. You are doing them a great disservice if you dont.

Realize that the vast majority of us were not born models and we cannot create models of ourselves thru clothing and make-up. That idea is so pathetic and a great waste of time.
edit on 8-9-2011 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
this is not about the children - although they will suffer eventual consequences.

Some will display the amazing and miraculous resilience to shed the baggage being thrust on to them.... others won't. Who can tell which will endure without repercussions? Neither you nor I.

...mostly agree...

...imo, none of us can predict how another will perceive or cope with their upbringing... everyone has baggage from their childhood... baggage and repercussions can be negative, positive or inbetween - depends upon who's looking at them and what their intent is...

I can almost be certain it's the parents vicariously doing what they themselves want to do... being vicariously what they suddenly find themselves with the power to impose upon their little 'doll' or 'plaything.'

...thats probably accurate of some but its certainly not limited to just parents who put their kids in pagents or talent shows... the same mindset can be found in some parents who teach their kids to read at 3 or 4 yrs old - or those who only shop at elitist stores - or those who enroll their kids in pee-wee sports or ballet or music lessons - or, well, just about anything and everything...

if you really - truly - want to "do" something about it... make it so it is not profitable... Don't watch.... ridicule those who do. Boycott the sponsors (all cast as wholesome corporate citizens) on the day of the "show" at the mall, or Elk Club.... convince everyone you know NOT to go.... call your friends who think this is 'cute' and explain to them what you think about it all....

...i agree with dont watch the show and boycotting sponsers...

...however, ridicule is always wrong - even when i do it (and i often do cuz i may be old but i'm a long way from perfect, lol)...

...attempting to convince others to see things your way can be good, bad or inbetween, depending upon how you behave and whether or not the listener is interested...

Change can never be successfully "forced" onto the world... it has to be inspired... or the same crap will surface again and again...

...ridicule, nagging, whining are not inspirational... they're tools of intimidation whether the user is mature enough to realize that or not...

...also - what one person sees as crap, another person could see as harmless... both can be right if they're speaking only of what is best for themselves and their kids... both can be wrong if they're attempting to control other adults...

as it has since the days when Public-relations pioneer Edward Bernays convinced the American elite that people were so much like cattle they deserve to be treated that way...

...imo, he was a brilliant psychopath who manipulated everyone and everything he could... did he convince some elites to see things his way?... no, they already had that eons old mindset... they just werent intelligent enough to find the right tool... did he convince some common folks to see things his way?... no, they were already programmed to believe whatever crap they were told... he simply profitted from it and whether thats good or bad depends upon your perception of capitalism...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

You are most correct about the "ridicule" part... I know this may sound like a stupid excuse but I think I got ahead of myself and failed to notice I skipped the "but don't just" that should have preceded the "ridicule" phrase....

I can't argue with you there at all.... my bad.

As far as the pioneer marketeer is concerned... fair enough. The predisposition to lead nations, cultures, and communities around by the nose is arguable preexisting in those who wield the power of mass media... but I cannot easily divest myself of the resentment I feel for the net result of the practice.... which should have been quite predictable in those social engineers who embraced the idea as "good."

Now I'm off to fix that post... (I have to wonder how many other times I have sped by a key part of a phrase I was composing.... scary thought... )

edit on 8-9-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Dude what the # is wrong with you people?

Its supposed to be funny hahaha.

Its not like she even looks slutty, she has on fake boots, a wife (never did find out if its a wife beater or a white beater) beater and a wig.

OMFG ITS SO WRONG ISN"T IT?!?!?!?!?!

What the hell, you guys are just making something out of nothing here. Go whine elsewhere, this is an alternative news website, not a lets talk about pop culture, i'm sure the whole show is staged anyway.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

I'm glad you find it so funny. I don't know where you're from, but I've never seen a wife beater that was attached to a skirt by a metal ring. Have you ever seen Pretty Woman?

Regarding your opinion that it's supposed to be funny, I'm glad my mom never put me on stage so everyone could laugh at me. Good parents don't do things like that. Good parents are supposed to protect their kids from embarrassment and ridicule.

Edit to Add: Do you think the three year old girl understands that the show is staged or not?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I didn't say it was funny, i implied that was the point.

You might find fart jokes funny, i don't, different strokes for different folks. The girl probably loves the attention, do you know what its like to have a baby girl? They love it when they are the center of attention, sure she might look back and go, damn i can't believe its me... you know what its not even worth arguing with you, your just going to keep your opinion and i'll keep mine.

My opinion is, don't blame the parents, they probably made their daughter the happiest in the world IF this was real, sadly most people don't understand all of this crap is staged, rehearsed, and acted. Also i'm sure the girl and the parents got a FINE chunk of money if it was real. My sister was in a magazine when she was 5 or 6, when she turned 18 she got about 150 bucks.
edit on 8-9-2011 by doom27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I only read a few replies but so far I see none that address the slow progression the last 20 years of sexualization of the youth. It has its goal somewhere down the road, maybe just part of the intentional degradation of society or something bigger. Either way I am convinced it is intentional by whatever motivates the powers that be.

The looks on the peoples faces in that picture are jaw dropping. Our society is so brainwashed.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CherryV

I have no desire to pour emotional energy into this topic. The OP speaks with much disgust towards the mother.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

What is also disturbing is the clothing manufacturers who make "slut wear" for 3 yr olds.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I fully agree with whoever said that change should be inspired not forced.

I'm in a hurry so don't have time to go back and find who said that...

But I agree 100%. Let us be examples. I as a young woman, and mother, can seek to inspire the little girls around me, to always make them feel that they are beautiful just the way they are. I can also inspire the women I come in contact with, to be examples for their young daughters, and to help them feel that they are also beautiful just the way they are.

I can also inspire the men I come in contact with, by being my true self, and having confidence in everything that I am.

Change, as I have learned at a young age, can never be forced. Because if it is not done willingly it will be resisted even more. Ever try to convince a sibling or a friend that they should leave their douche bag boyfriend or mean girlfriend? How did that work out? It's an understanding they had to come to on their own, if ever.

We can be examples though, and inspire hope, and a different way of thinking, a way of thinking where we are not seeking to shove our opinions on the persons concerned but to love them and lift them up, and in so doing, they too can feel secure, connected, and grounded in themselves, and they will naturally pass that on to the people around them.

edit on 8-9-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

All I can say is, if this freaks you out so much, I can only assume you cannot stand Halloween. Can you imagine toddlers dressed like ladybugs or superheroes? oh the humanity! Those poor kids are going to grow confused thinking they are cows or teddy bears.

Sarcasm aside, while, I do find it personally distasteful, unless the parents require the girl to dress like that in a daily basis, I don't see what the big deal is. It is no different from any kind of role playing type of dress up. Kids do not take any of that nearly as seriously as you do.

-rrr

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This is disgusting. This is like real life lolicon, which is another disgusting subject!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
These types of shows (are there really more of these) are pretty disturbing.

I understand there are women and their daughters, whatever ages, that love to dress up and role-play or whatever, but I think they are underestimating just how sick some men (and rarely some women) can be.

When I see these kinds of events going on, my brain screams "pedo alert!". Do these mothers really not see the potential harm in placing their kids in this type of environment?

It's all very creepy, to be honest.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

yes, doing it for a tv show to be viewed by millions is much worse than walking around town like this.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I know this doesn't directly address the topic, but have you ever noticed what the moms of these kids look like? It seems they might be trying to live their skinny princess dreams vicariously through their toddlers.

Someone call CPS.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Child exploitation. The mother needs to be whipped because that is beyond any normal rationale. This is ridiculous and I really would love to see these pageants shut down because they are not respectable anyway. To dress a 3 year-old as a prostitute is simple exploitation.

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join