It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother dresses girl aged THREE as prostitute in Toddlers and Tiaras pageant

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well this is in my opinion absolutely beyond the pale, how on earth is this being filmed, encouraged and rewarded in both the Media & Culture and society at large?

a preview of the latest episode of Toddlers and Tiaras that sees a three-year-old dressed as a prostitute.

Now when I saw this I really had to take a double look, and am appalled really am.

I do warn you but this is going to be broadcast across networks and the world, it is judged, it is a "competition" people, children, babies even passively watching TV will aspire to this image.

And if you think this is not true please just consider how big an industry advertising is, and what does it use Images, glamour, fame, clothes, SEX etc.

YOU DO MAKE CHOICES in the supermarket, unconsciously when your hand reaches for that product, as apposed to the identical one next to it, even if cheaper! period, and to think our children, and even other families/mothers are not going to be affected by this is very naive imho.

The TLC programme shows the child's mother dressing young Paisley up in a costume to mimic Julia Roberts' character from the 1990 hit movie, Pretty Woman.

I again warn you the last one did I admit bring a tear to my eye, this is soo wrong, and she is so unaware and innocent.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/765e0865707a.jpg[/atsimg]

I just cannot understand how this is paid for and being shown on TV?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6866ca1fa3f5.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc161cdafd0c.jpg[/atsimg]

Now this just gets worse, consider what she is thinking whilst she is paraded as a piece of meat, my god at that age even the separate ID/EGO is not formed, she is totally in theta or very very easily programmed with beliefs and values, at that age children are LEARNING MACHINES, what is she and all of similar ages watching learning?

On the bloody Learning channel!

Yes they are certainly learning but we all know what!

Now how is this child rewarded, what is the reaction by the adults judging her?

Im not sure which pic is worst the previous or this one?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/078762b04254.jpg[/atsimg]
Daily mail for for original Story

You Judge the judges I know I certainly have! and many of the audience.

Now what I don't understand is how is legal?

And as is so why?

In the UK some people have been convicted for holding lots and lots of images of children.

We all see them in the news, on the "sex offenders register" for life and such like. However what I discovered beyond those partial snippets ive caught before, on TV or radio of such people being convicted has shocked me.

Many of those convicted some quick searches concluded were often holding lots of Level 1 and Level 2 images on the Copine Scale used to rate their seriousness.

Level 1 is:

Indicative Non-erotic and non-sexualised pictures showing children in their underwear, swimming costumes from either commercial sources or family albums. Pictures of children playing in normal settings, in which the context or organisation of pictures by the collector indicates inappropriateness.

Level 2 is:

Pictures of naked or semi-naked children in appropriate nudist settings, and from legitimate sources.

Both of which if someone holds them esp lots do mean I am all for investigating that person etc, but if just one or two I suppose the person could still end up on the "register" and seen as an sex offender for life!

However there was no sexual images present and no sex took place.

Now that is another debate, and I am not in any way trying to say such people shouldn't be investigated or helped whatever.... I bring it up as what is being done already with legislation every week in the UK as regarding images of children, and as an comparison to the above.

Looking at the above images they would fall on the scale as follows, if found on such a person as just discussed PC being investigated surely?

Level 4 Posing

Deliberately posed pictures of children fully clothed, partially clothed or naked (where the amount, context and organization suggests sexual interest).

Or even Level 5?

Erotic Posing

Deliberately posed pictures of fully, partially clothed or naked children in sexualised or provocative poses.

So as far as I am concerned blatantly on TV not only images but movies of level 4 or Level 5 on the Copine Scale, it is encouraged, rewarded, celebrated and even sewn into media and culture.

So if its on TV the same rules don't apply?

Surely to there has to be questions about parental responsibility and even ability, is this mother fit to bring up her daughter?

This whole thing has disturbed and also angered me, I feel the child should be put in safety, but unfortunately as we all know the places where such safety is meant to be provided by the state often does the exact opposite.

There seems to be very double standards in society as far as media and TV goes, how do they get away with it?

Elf
edit on 7-9-2011 by MischeviousElf because: to add link to source

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Are you going to do anything about this? If not, your wasting your energy.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
All I can say is my wife and my daughter watch and love the show.
I just shake my head in disbelief and walk away.
My wife is a highly educated professional involved with schools and special education.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Hey now, she could just be dressed like my girlfriend's cousin.

Honestly though...not very classy in either instance. Your society at work - sorry friend.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warpthal

An honest question here:

What can we do? Anyone have a phone number or E-Mail address that we could contact the producers at?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
HELLO!?

This is just a slight extreme of a contest thats already treading VERY LIGHTLY as it is.

I think its disgusting tbh.

Shame on the parents, SHAME i say.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The mother should be jailed and charged with child endangerment. people go to jail over much lesser charges than this garbage. anyone watching this show should be ashamed of themselves.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Makes me sad. One reason (I know this might sound bad) but one reason I"m glad I had a boy instead of a girl. I honestly don't know if I am capable of dealing with that kind of pressure on young girls today. My daughter would probably hate me because I would be like "no, no, no, no, no," everywhere she turned. haha.

And there's so much shock when pedophelia runs rampant. Come on people, this type of stuff is WHY.

I'd like to add, she doesn't look much different than some of the barbie dolls that are advertised and sold to young girls her age in the supermarket.

It's no wonder this is thought to be acceptable.
Starts with fantasy and moves real life before you know it. What happened to protecting our young children? I don't care what anyone says, that is way too young to be exposed to that type of imagery, not to mention pretending to BE that image.
edit on 7-9-2011
edit on 7-9-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

...where is your link for the article?...

...ooops, nevermind - found it...

edit on 9/7/11 by Wyn Hawks because: (no reason given)

...edit #2 - the source is, as expected, an outlet for sensationalized junk... the article is extremely biased and reeks of self-righteous buttinski-ism at best... at worst its attempting censorship... if you dont want your child to do this kind of stuff, dont let em... if you dont approve of the show, dont watch it...
edit on 9/7/11 by Wyn Hawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
''Toddlers and tiaras'' ?! There's actually a TV programme called that ?!

Even ignoring the sexualisation angle here, this is clearly an exploitative concept. You mean to say that ''parents'' actually parade their young children in front of a panel of judges, a studio audience and a nationwide TV audience ?! Creepy.

Oh yeah, the unfortunate young girl in the photos looks like a plastic doll. Seriously, what is wrong with some ''parents'' ?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Money.

Money changes everything.

You have an old man that people call crazy and he has $10 dollars in his pocket. He walks over to a park bench, picks up a suitcase hidden under fallen leaves under the bench, takes out a key from his pocket to unlock the case and shows the people who called him crazy 1 million dollars.

The people he shows the money to just kind of laugh nervously and tell him that they weren't serious. He's not crazy anymore, now he's just eccentric.

Heidi Fliess wasn't seen as a whore simply because of the amount of money she took in. Whether you charge $10 or $1,000 doesn't matter because the act is the same. The act is the same but the amount of money involved changes the perception of it.

What makes THIS worse is that children are now involved. We keep lowering our standards as humans and then we wonder why things in our lives keep getting worse and worse.

Makes me not want to be part of the human race anymore.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

So pure exploitation?

I think it is.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11
My daughter would probably hate me because I would be like "no, no, no, no, no," everywhere she turned. haha.

That is EXACTLY why my 12 year old daughter hates me sometimes, an endless string of no's

She loves me though because, even at that age, she see's what happens to other young girls who don't have the kind of parental guidance we give her.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Thanks all for replying and adding your perspectives, just to say I think the scale I link to is only for legal reasons in the uk? im no expert in this maybe as its USA or consent is signed by legal guardian it is not relevant?

Originally posted by Warpthal

I am Im trying to let people know here.

This show is paid for as we buy things as mentioned in shops etc based on the adverts they pump at us.

If We don't watch the shows or they get negative publicity and the show stops!

I would boycott the products that are advertised within the Toddlers and Tiaras and write to them to let them know!

Originally posted by kdog1982
All I can say is my wife and my daughter watch and love the show.
I just shake my head in disbelief and walk away.
My wife is a highly educated professional involved with schools and special education.

I applaud your honesty! and that you walk away as such, but I am also worried as your wife "loves" the show..... maybe as your Puzzles show you need to consider this and how "passive" you are in allowing her to unwittenly exploit children?

The show would last about 2 weeks more! (if enough people did it)

reply to post by mileysubet

Good Point Baet you to it, come on all add your voice:
You can contact them HERE

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...edit #2 - the source is, as expected, an outlet for sensationalized junk... the article is extremely biased and reeks of self-righteous buttinski-ism at best... at worst its attempting censorship...

Yes I despise the bigottry of the Mail would never buy it at all, to be honest most people who read it always seem to across as you do!

I only posted ONE SENTENCE from the mail the rest was the link as pics, the rest is my opinion, now if you want to knock that fine but don't be a hypocrite eh?

Ps where the story came from, who wrote it is beyond any importance, what matters is the fact this is not a journalist making this up but on TV and the images and show are the story and risksa not anything esles, stop muddying the issue!

if you dont want your child to do this kind of stuff, dont let em... if you dont approve of the show, dont watch it...

WHAT ABOUT THE CHOICE OF THE CHILD?

Both taking part and also forced to watch it and take this as an role model and how to "Please" adults and get rewarded?

Other responses thank you to so much has made me think much.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I seen a bit of this programme a couple of times, and watched more in shock and disbelievement than anything else, i didnt think anything could top the episode i saw where a three year old was dressed as Madonna, black latex suit and bra cones etal, but this more or less has. I notice a lot of them seem to be set in the deep south states of the US, and I find it ironic that in places where it is normal to call your local hairdresser or beautician, "Miss" Stella or "Miss "Abigaile, people have so little respect for their own children.
Ive watched some of the competitors as young as three, talk with such greed and desperation for the winning title, that one has to ask who instills this in them in the first place (that was rhetorical). Not to mention its bloody cruel to put children who are too young to understand the nature of winning and losing in such competitions.
Bottom line, easy way to know if this is right or wrong, would you let your kid do it??
Theres your answer.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
The sick thing is many of these parents claim it's a choice from the kid itself

Its neglection of the childs rights to assume it knows whats best, this is why we have age limits etc

Its exploitation and neglection of the child, if the parent thinks its good for them and or makes some money from it.

I cant even wrap my head around it at all.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

if you dont want your child to do this kind of stuff, dont let em... if you dont approve of the show, dont watch it...

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
WHAT ABOUT THE CHOICE OF THE CHILD?

...no concept of online etiquette, huh?... all caps = yelling... you quoted part of someone else's post but left off who posted it... tsk, tsk, tsk...

...there has always been and probably will always be people who dont agree with how other people raise their kids - but - that doesnt make the buttinskis right... besides, the buttinskis make something nasty out of everything they dont approve of but it never dawns on them that their salacious-prone view is the problem...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
if you dont want your child to do this kind of stuff, dont let em...

Children aren't property. Parents don't own their children.

Toddlers aren't exactly capable of making rational and informed decisions for themselves, so it's up their parent(s) or guardian(s) to make decisions which are in the best interests of their young children.

Therefore, saying: ''if you dont want your child to do this kind of stuff, dont let em'' is completely ridiculous, as that way of thinking just gives the ''parents'' carte blanche to legally abuse, exploit and/or humiliate their children for whatever reason they see fit.

In essence, your quote is based on the proviso that parents will always do the right thing for their child, and have their child's best interests at heart. We all know that this isn't always the case.

edit on 7-9-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Have we learn nothing....

This is Not beauty! This is not classy! This is sick. I definitely believe you send the wrong message to your daughter when you place them in one of those pageants.You are telling your daughter your not good enough as you really look, so lets muck you up with alot of expensive make-up and very expensive dress ...You are showing your child that the false reality of this world is what to achieve...Not higher learning and responsible actions.

This just makes me sick...
I have had family in that pageant world...Trust me you don't want to know a old washed-up Beauty Queen!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join