It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation Theories/Question?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RatoAstuto

RatoAsuto, you wrote:

Its real easy to bash a bunch of people you don't live around and don't know jack # about except what you see on the TV. Or the tele if your sitting where I'm guessing you are cousin.

Do you mean that these previous statements are interpreted by you as bashing people (you mean Americans of course) I have only seen depicted by actors on T.V.?

How often do I see on ATS such statements (mostly from Americans) to the tune of:

"We landed on the moon."

"We invaded Afghanistan because...."

"We cannot afford to support the unemployed...."

"We dropped the Atom bomb on Japan because..."

Look at the first line!

"How often do I see on ATS such statements'

These are quotes I often see on this board, NOT on T.V. I am a member of this board, interested as I am in many of the topics here, so I don't think it is out of line.

The point is not concerning Americans and non-Americans anyway. The subject concerns reincarnation and as far as I am concerned when an American under 40 years of age says: "When we went to the moon..." I know he is not speaking for the human race. The second point I am making is that I don't think that reincarnation is a collective act, rather it is an individual one.

RatoAstuto, why come onto this thread and not have any comment to say about reincarnation? Is defending being an American more important than immortality?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Reincarnation is more than just a "concept." It is a phenomenon.

If you don't remember any of your past lives, you can for sure find stories of others who, for some reason, did.

Where it gets more conceptual is in one's attitude towards this phenomenon.

Some think (per this thread) that the ideal situation would be to stop dying and just stay in the body you have now.

But what if that body gets run down or damaged? Then that scenario isn't so much fun any more.

Others desire "ascension," or the more-or-less permanent transfer into a "light body." This body doesn't have the solidity of an animal body, but it still gives you something visible to identify yourself with.

Others desire "spiritual freedom." In this state you would normally use a body, but would be much more loosely attached to it than we are now. It would not necessarily be a living animal, though it might look like one. Normally one would control it "exterior" or from the outside. If it got damaged or destroyed you would dispose of it and create another one. You would be able to interact directly with other beings and other objects, but the body would be used as a communication terminal as needed.

Any of these states or concepts work better if you have a clear idea of what you, yourself are and what you are trying to accomplish. It is said that beings are naturally quite good-tempered and cooperative. But I could not guarantee you that every being you run into that appears to be "free" will also be good-natured.

There is much more to this subject. Most would consider it speculative. See near death experience stories for a taste of this.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

If you really want to know the truth..... the REAL technology in "our world" is millions of years more advanced than what we know in this life on this world. Our human lives are just a kind of 'video game' we have chosen to play. When we join, our 'real' memories are completely erased so we have no knowledge of any other existence. We pick the variables we want in this life, like choosing our parents, race, sex, etc. and in we go. When we die, we 'wake up' back in our real world and just a short period of time has elapsed. A lot of people like this 'game' so much that they choose to 'play' again and again - thus 'reincarnation'.

This explains a lot of paranormal events like ghosts, UFOs and the like. We KNOW in our hearts that there is 'more to the story' but we can never find out because the real US don't WANT to find out - that would ruin the game. There is just enough smoke and mirrors to keep us confused about 'real life'.
edit on 12-9-2011 by TheFlash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

If there is any truth in this painting...then maybe this explains why babies cry so much for no apparent reason. Maybe it would also explain why the "dumbing down" begins early in life with chemicals and pharmaceuticals, vaccines and mercury, etc. To realize that you are continually being recycled might be very hard to take for some folks.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
NoRegrets....

I think someone else asked about the origins of this painting. I think that could help us to answer a few questions. Who was the artist? What time frame was this painted? What was the current school of thought at the time? Who influenced the artist as far as his philosophies? Was he a member of a secret society or a group that promoted the thought of life as being cyclic in nature rather than linear and progressive? Please give us more info on the artist!

Also, this painting seems to be somewhat in sync with Wiki's words concerning the Coptic Apocalypse of Paul. Here is a quote from there:

"The Coptic Apocalypse of Paul is one of the texts of the New Testament apocrypha found amongst the Nag Hammadi library. The text is not to be confused with the Apocalypse of Paul, which is unlikely to be related.

It was mentioned by Epiphanius as having been the work of the Cainites, who viewed Cain as the Messiah (since, in their view, the Old Testament God, whom they named Yaltabaoth, was evil.)

The Gnostic text describes the ascent of Paul through various stages of Heaven, with Yaltabaoth (described as an old man on a throne) attempting to prevent further ascent. A soul that fails to have the knowledge (gnosis) required to defeat Yaltabaoth here, is sent back, in the vision, to be reincarnated.

It was a text used by the Sethians."

According to this line of thought and metaphysical reasoning, there is a possibility of escaping this realm of a cyclic existence. Perhaps this is the "narrow path" that so few can find or achieve. I assume that Yaltaboath is the same as the one called Satan, Azazel, etc. I assume that Yaltaboath is meant to describe the "god of this world" and not the Prime Creator.

The god of this world is an usurper of the Prime Creator. The way I perceive the story is that everything was created with perfection, but the usurper is in the business of re-creating and perhaps playing with genetic formulas. Perhaps this is why the OT god is referred to as a Jinn, or Genie, in other languages, the root of the word for genetics.

I also see evidence that the contracts we make in this world is what gives Yaltaboath the authority of dominance over most of the world's population. I suppose most of these contracts are achieved through deception and trickery.

I am curious to know the origins of the promotion of life as cyclic vs life as progressive and linear.

edit on 24-9-2011 by Alethea because: add bold

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
We are like a tree, with no defined "self" - just a continuum of multi-stranded awarenessess.

A soul would thus be a kind of "spiritual snowball" and immortality a self-repeating paradox.

For I am unique in this instant...
edit on 27-9-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The image in the lower right corner depicting man among the beasts reminds me of the Sorceress Circe. She had a magic spell that could turn men into beasts. If you delve into the word meanings or etymology, you will find that the word 'church' originates from a line of words that go all the way back to 'Circe'.

It's interesting to note that the formula for changing men into beasts still exists today and is currently in use. Once upon a time, a very long time ago, a decree went forth that there must be a way to distinguish savages and the heathen from the illuminated. And so, the names of the beasts were CAPITALIZED. This magic spell continues on even into this day.

Do you not wonder why the ads here are marketed to the "Gorilla Nation"?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Another possible interpretation could be that the artist was influenced by this school of thought:

(Porphyry, On the Cave of the Nymphs) Porphyry also says that souls coming into the world are "born from cattle, and the god who secretly impedes incarnation is "the cattle thief".

What could he mean by this statement - born from cattle? It seems that Porphyry is making an allusion to the Neoplatonic principle that souls descend into incarnation (the Many) and ascend back to the Monad (the One).

mill-valley.freemasonry.biz...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
What puzzles you about reincarnation? The possibility? Going back eventually to your "first" body? I am not so sure you would ever go back to that first body due to each circumstance is different upon coming back as a human. You may even evolve to a different kind of species whereas you would not need a human body anyway. Just my thoughts....nothing more.

Peace and love to you and yours!!!!!!!! xoxoxox

Jenn

what puzzles me atleast is the whole concept of sperm cells and egg cells. where does all that fit into play

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by baeball101

what puzzles me atleast is the whole concept of sperm cells and egg cells. where does all that fit into play

Take that thought into a metaphysical level.

The serpent and the "world egg".

yourbuddhi.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

And then there is ouroborus, the "snake eating it's on tail" which is actually a metaphor for the same theme as the painting posted by the OP---life, death, rebirth.

The image posted above alludes to a winged serpent. That should give you a clue. When David Icke speaks of the "reptilians" he is using a metaphor to describe this evil that encircles the world and has many in it's grip.

However, there is a way out, but I think very few can find it. Dali knew something.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

Originally posted by rabzdguy
Real question is.. When do we stop reincarnating and stay in our one body?....Soon i hope

Same here.

Still spooked by what my family told me as I grew up about myself as a 4 year old blurting out that I was a fighter pilot in WW2, that I knew of Edith Piaf and that I was shot down.

Not things a 4 year old could say or imagine in such detail as I think you'll agree. Especially the Edith Piaf name (what British 4 year old child even knows the name of current home grown singers let alone foreign ones not really mentioned or known elsewhere from 40 years previously?)

I also have a massive fear of getting my face wet. I have to use wet wipes to clean my face because having my face under the shower or spashing water on my face for a quick wash panics me into finding it difficult to breathe properly so I have a theory I drowned in a previous life because there's nothing in this one that made me afraid of such a thing.

I believe a little in the higher density stuff and becoming the all powerful figure we were apparently meant to be that can traverse time, space and everything in between but I hope it happens soon and we can all live much more peacefully with no death or disease.

My 7 year old son has been talking about his "before family" since he was 4..That's when he started telling me about his "before mom" that tried to hang on to him during a tornado & she couldn't hold on & he went up & up & up....He has been a bit more detailed over the past years, he has a very strong urge to go & visit his "before family"..I told him, I need a name, which is the only thing he seems to not remember. He does hound me constantly about visiting his "before family"..Thats what he has always called them...In this life, he is terrified of storms, hiding under blankets, covering his ears & twice, we had the tornado warning beeping go off on the T.V., Well, both times he was inconsolable....So, yes, I feel we have experienced past lives, I wonder though if it's our choice or not to be reincarnated??...The very latest comment my son has made(few days ago), "Mommy it would be so cool if all the little kids that were lost got to go back and visit their before families."

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
NoRegretsEver. Beautiful artwork...You are very curious just as much as anyone else and it is healthy to listen to and give thought about the ideas your fellow man may give you... Iam telling you with absolute certainty you will carry on after your death I have had a genuine connection with my father months after his death. I was laying in bed moments before falling into a state of rest his voice emitted through my mind just as if you were to talk to yourself silently. While this was happening my whole body began to feel numb I could not feel my limbs then it all suddenly went into a feeling of pins and needles. Once I acknowledged him and replyed with " I love you " He spoke back but itmslowly faded away his connection to me was broken. I SUSPECT our loved ones or anything on the other side of life can only connect with us when circumstances are met. They communicate with us when our brains are at rest and unaware of the physical world around us. What you will do after death is truly your decision. I imagine thempossibilities are endless so reincarnation is available if that is what you wish.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join