It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA taking over controll of Texas wildfires. Firefighters turned away.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
www.gonzalescannon.com...

Just relaying this to those who haven't see/read/heard of it yet.
I would think that when it comes to forest fires, you'd want as many people as possible to help out.

At least that's what they do up here on the west coat of Canada. last year my buddy (who is a helicopter mechanic) volunteered with no experience to go on the ground crew while the companies helicopters where used to help out.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

I had heard on the news this morning that Texas had cut funds for Volenteer figher fighters budget. Just throwing it out there for info. Haven't heard anything about FEMA taking over but they did wonders in New Orleans (Sarcasm).

Your right that fire is so big they need as many people as possible, the ones fighting need rest but they need others to fill in so they can rest.
edit on 7-9-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Huh, very interesting, seems FEMA wants to control everything these days, at least anytime a State of Emergency gets called. Where are they finding all these FEMA employees? With Jobs down at record lows, you would think that ADs would be everywhere for new recruits and hires, but it is next to impossible to land a FEMA job anywhere in the US.

I am wondering if they are not going to make these little protocols so common that when they decided to call Martial Law, people just accept it as something familiar and therefore not question the M.O.

Something very wrong about these fires and it is one of those points where it all comes together as part of our future history being retold.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Here's the thread about the cuts
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe it's punishment for Texan's even thinking about leaving the USA. "You need us"

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
How about the Federal Government grounding it's fire fighting planes even though they are certified for the rest of this year? Funny how nobody has picked up on it.

Contract Dispute Grounds Firefighting Planes

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Let it Burn...
any one Know some one who works for FEMA?
and that is human?
Need to keep a close eye on this one.
see what mess FEMA makes of this.
what do they Wont to burn?
do they wont to get some people off some land?
this is a good way to evict them.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Or was it just another 'event' to force people from their homes like that supposed 'hurricane'? Creep creep through the shadows... Which state is next on the FEMA list.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
...you can make this an anti-fed-agency conspiracy if you want but i dont see it that way and i think the news article is typical slanted sensationalism junk...

...the yahoo volunteer fire fighter quoted in that article has macho issues and letting that ilk have access to affected areas only adds to the chaos...

...if there were not so many fires, there would be no need for federal intervention but thats not the case... efforts on this scale have to be coordinated and for many reasons but heres two...

...(1) to keep track of who is out there fighting fires in case the worst happens (makes it a little easier to identify corpses)... even full-time professional forest fire fighters die in action cuz the unpredicatable happens...

...(2) having only recognized / registered fire fighters out there lessens the probablity for unscrupulous participants who would steal from the homes whose owners have had to evacuate...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Actually I put the blame on the Environmental movement and the EPA. It used to be that you could clear undergrowth and place fire breaks that would localize a fire long enough to get enough people in place to fight it. Now it takes an "Act of God" to get permission to trim trees on YOUR OWN property.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

...that must be PA thang... i can clear whatever i want, whenever i want...

top topics

join