It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Cops Among 67 Shot in Weekend Violence.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This cant be true. Shootings happened on friday and they didnt close it down for saturday? Not only that,people kept going. This is just funny.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
So presented with facts,you support your facts with opinion.

OMG..

Fact:
Canada has gun control and crime rates have fallen over the same period as in the USA.

Draw your own conclusions...this is mine; gun control ,or lack of, has no bearing on crime. Criminals will use whatever they need to to commit the crime, knife, bat, gun, etc. It is the peoples mentality that needs to change.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

Originally posted by sonnny1
So presented with facts,you support your facts with opinion.

OMG..

Fact:
Canada has gun control and crime rates have fallen over the same period as in the USA.

Draw your own conclusions...this is mine; gun control ,or lack of, has no bearing on crime. Criminals will use whatever they need to to commit the crime, knife, bat, gun, etc. It is the peoples mentality that needs to change.

So......................take guns out of the equation,and those whos mentality is to attack those who are not for gun rights,and poof!

Crime falls. Got it.

So,can I own a gun without someone telling me all the time,its morally wrong?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal
At the annual West Indian Day parade bullets were flying.Estimated ten dead,two of which were a 56 year old by-stander and a young teen.The annual Labor Day parade celebrates the culture of the Caribbean islands and is one of the city's largest outdoors events.
Source

Three people were killed and two police officers were wounded in a shooting a few blocks from the annual West Indian Day Parade in Brooklyn, capping a violent holiday weekend in which nearly 70 people were injured by gunfire.
Updated statistics obtained by NBC New York on Tuesday show that at least 67 people were shot between 12 a.m. Friday and 11:59 p.m. Monday. That includes nine on Friday, 10 on Saturday, 33 on Sunday and 15 on Monday.

Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said Tuesday the city should not consider shutting down the parade, which often sees violence and had fatal shootings in 2003 and 2005. "I don't think it'd be wise to close it down, but it's just unfortunate that there seems to be every year some violence attended to it," he said.

I grew up in a white christian and jewish suburb on Long Island in the 50s and 60s and we didnt
have any shootings.
Life must have been boring then.
When I read the title I thought they were talking about the ENTIRE COUNTRY but from reading the
article it is just about this THIRD WORLD NEIGHBORHOOD in Brooklyn. Its pathetic what this
country has become. This is the result of Cultural Marxism,Islamic Sharia will probably be an
improvement when it comes.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
While I respect Magnum007's remarks concerning gun control linked to mental status, I believe they are wrong.

I believe that arming all the citizens of the U.S. will improve on violent crime rates. This is the main deterrent that stopped the Japanese and many other countries from land assault. The fact that we are mostly an open carry country really deters them. I find this would also work with citizens.

But I don't care what the 'law' says, these are inalienable rights. If you do not follow the Constitution you have no limits, no morals to follow, and no standards. The Constitution was put into place to be our ultimate laws, nothing that any state has to say can interfere with them, nothing the Federal Government puts in place can interfere with them.

But we've already let the government beat it into us that they are in control. It's something that drives me nuts. We have put our faith in our government to follow the standards set by the Constitution. But instead, they keep ignoring it and making laws that just ignore it, then have the audacity to enforce them. It's just..ugh.

Anyway, point is, we need to veer away from this "eye for an eye" penalty system and go more towards psychological rehabilitation. If someone has died, what is killing them going to accomplish? They have not recognized they've done anything wrong and the government basically says that because they murdered someone that they are justified.

But the constitution also says man has the RIGHT to life. I don't think it's right, I'm not a pacifist, but I'm no extremist. I'm more of a Constituionalist and believe that if we don't uphold what the founders set as our basis for the government, the laws it makes, and how it governs us that we've allowed those that don't deserve to rule over us complete control.

We're at the point where we need to go back to basics and stop fighting each other and get the government back on it's leash. This is what they fled from in the first place and what they were hoping to prevent again.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

You should have given the Swiss gun control stats, almost everyone there owns guns gun crime is so low it is not even recorded.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

"This is the result of Cultural Marxism,Islamic Sharia will probably be an
improvement when it comes."

Yea, then we can stop shooting each other and just maim, murder and disfigure each others subserviant wives, sisters and daughters. Problem solved.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join