It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Each Skyscrapers Should Have Escape Pods .. ASAP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Lifeboats can save thousand of people
all ships have one and more on board ready to use so why not ...........

But before i tell everyone to at least have a large canoe waiting in the garage at home
especially if you have a familly to take care
and/or
The neighboors in case they didnt listen to this advice

In these time we live in .. we cant underestimate mother nature
i see heavy flooding happening everyday and almost everywhere on earth more then ever before
its only a mather of time before a big city like New York City gets the heavy water
there is a rumor that if it happen .. the skyscrapers will be half under water (highest flooding point)
and many people will take refuge in those skyscrapers
for protection and air lifting when rescued .. if rescued

So .... why not make the best investment of all time because it is time to DO IT
Invest a few good dollars to pile up a dozen lifeboats in one big room for each building

I work myself at the 15th floor of a seventeen floors building
cool view but if the water invade the streets to 10-30 foots high
those water can also take a very long time vefore going away ... even permanent !

Anyone though on that before .. ?
putting lifeboats / escape pods in all skyscrapers ... is a very good idea
and it should be voted by the congress like a law for each compagny

This idea just flashed in my head while watching a documentary on TV speaking about
"When Earth will slow down its rotation"
it will cause HEAVY flooding in the northern region
People will be stuck in those cement blocks for days ..
being stuck at my workplace
worst nightmare

im ready to help anyone in need when the SHTF
but having BOATS around will really help a thousand time more in those circonstances

edit on 9/7/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
*cement

And this thread just makes me laugh. I now know why our country is going to collapse

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Couldn't hurt.

I reckon skyscrapers should have escape pods as standard anyway, flood or not.

Not boats exactly, but self enclosed, lightweight pods that will detach from the sides of the building, with spring loaded or small explosive bolt type charges that will fire a large parachute or three to allow people to escape in case of fire...or aircraft hitting the building below them.

They wouldn't travel far, it would be a bumpy ride too, but they would escape being trapped with a fighting chance of survival.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
i just could not see a company aculy do this because of cost. youd have to build them on the floor idk op i just don't know

link   
reply to post by deadmessiah

Ciment is in french .. E is such a big difference

I live in Canada BTW in the north ..
and if a country gets mass flooded first from the glaciers
is not you
be more respectfull for futur mass dying scene

link   

You think the USA is going to collapse because an ATS member writes 'cement' instead of concrete?

I think it runs a little deeper than that mate, don't you?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I know if I had to work in a skyscraper, I'd have a parachute at the very least.
An inflatable raft couldn't hurt.
But really...If there's massive flooding, a skyscraper would be the safest place, just run up the stairs really fast if you're on a lower floor.
But Earthquake+massive flooding, well that's where the parachute comes in.

edit on 7-9-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Too right Ghost.

Bet you'd have a fight on your hands for the boat or the chute if it came to really needing either of them though!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I vote for a big inflatable SLIDE.

Just like airplanes have.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jplaysguitar
i just could not see a company aculy do this because of cost. youd have to build them on the floor idk op i just don't know

if they can enter huge desks...
they surely can enter lifeboats lol ..
they are quite long yes but they can fit through any door ..
and after you just break a window from any floor and thats it FREEDOM

100-200 $ each boat that will worth any investments
any boss would agree having that around to save their rich a$$ first

nobody though of that before.. because it didnt happen yet
the weak point of humans is not getting scared until its to late

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
If a building collapsed and you already got in your pod or are already at the bottom, arnt you still in major trouble of it falling on you or somthing?

Life rafts are an odd idea, if a flood happend i very much doubt it would be meters and meters high after the inital stage. I would bet that the upper floors would be safe from the submerged lower floors for a long time before the building wa sin danger of collasping as a direct result of the flood.

In regards to that boat you have in your garrage, you do realise what you are talking about here (equivilent) is putting that boat in your highest roof attic, for a rainy day. oh puntastic!

In regards to your idea, surely the upper floors would be fine to wait in till actual boats come to rescue you, maybe a lifeguard boat arrives with hundreds of inflatable lifeboats. I mean what need is there to store liferafts for a number of people in that building, if theres no flood thats alot of weight and money doing nothing which isnt really needed untill submerged, also tall buildings dont have a tendancy to crumble really fast in water that im aware of.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

If a building collapsed and you already got in your pod or are already at the bottom, arnt you still in major trouble of it falling on you or somthing?

True...but if you didn't have the pod to escape in before it collapsed (or burnt to the top) you'd be in even more trouble trapped at the top of a falling or burning building!

Love the pun btw.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
your idea is to put lifeboats in skyscrapers?

no offense mate but i wouldnt take this idea to the dragons den (shark tank in u.s)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

You think the USA is going to collapse because an ATS member writes 'cement' instead of concrete?

I think it runs a little deeper than that mate, don't you?

Note that I mentioned the thread before saying the latter. Skyscraper escape pods.......lol

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Why not just make sure every skyscraper had a sweet inflatable slide from the top, like from a plane

Id be down with that just for the chance to go on the worlds biggest slip and slide, oh and safty etc

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Do escape pods exist though, outside of the sci fi channel and space ship movies. We have to have them before we can use them. But yes a nice idea.

New thread title: Every passenger on a plane should have a parachute.

edit on 7-9-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
Why not just make sure every skyscraper had a sweet inflatable slide from the top, like from a plane

Id be down with that just for the chance to go on the worlds biggest slip and slide, oh and safty etc

And a bouncy castle at the bottom.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymouth

Full of ice cream!!! you know for um survival and such

......and a playball pit for um, excerise, yeah! that!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
They already have them.

They're called Cruise Ships.

I can already see it now ... during the architectural design and environmental impact study phase ...

"Sir. I think we need to implement this structure with lifeboats. Yes ... lifeboats."

"UHM .. and WHY!?"

"Well ... in the event of the near .000019% possibility for a tidal wave or flooding of multiple+ story epic proportions during it's mere 60 year projected servicable lifetime ..."

"By Jove ...That's a striking idea there chap ... TITANIC, even. "

As for parachutes...

I see a Simpson's episode where Homer jumps out the window, pulls the chute, and the crosswinds take him smack dab into the concrete and steel facades of damn near every building in the vicinity ... pinball machine-like.

doh. thud. doh. thud. doh. thud ... doh.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Like somebody also said, it wouldnt hurt, would it..

instead of these companies having absoloute ridiculous profits, i dont see why they shouldnt have to introduce something like this. It seems the spare change that us working class people accumulate over the months/years is taken up some new kind of tax or some new gizmo that "we must have" to fruther these companies ridiculouse profits. . .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join