It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hiyas ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I've never been good at introductions but here goes:
My real name is Amanda but since it's already taken (as usual) I added my birth year (1981) behind it to make a nickname. I used to use "real" nicknames ever since I really got into the internet 12 years ago or so but lately I've gotten tired of them and just started to use my real first name. It's not like I have a unique name anyway.

I used to be a Maritime Officer (I was both a Deck and Engineer Officer on cargo and cruise ships) and I've seen half the world but I had to quit due to 2 herniated discs in my lower back 8 years ago and I now have 2 in my neck too. This makes it hard to type so I've become a real lurker and someone who writes short replies. This will probably be my longest post on ATS.

I'm 75% disabled so I have way to much time on my hands but I have started a home course which is just 1 step below being a dietitian (which is a 4 year full-time education) since I love to help people and since nobody will hire me with my current education and limitations. So if you need diet/healthy living advice, just send me a pm after I reach my 20 posts limit and I'll see what I can do.

I have lived in the US for nearly 5 years after following my heart and getting married to a American but he broke it 1.5 years ago so I moved back to the Netherlands taking my dog and my most (to me) valuable stuff with me.
I got a kitten from the pound 2 months ago and I currently like to joke that I life with 2 handsome guys in my small apartment who will both be neutered by November.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hi

Welcome to ATS.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dd5fba308999.gif[/atsimg]
I'm sure SuperMOD Sauron will be by shortly to fill you in on all the technical stuff.

Originally posted by Amanda81
I currently like to joke that I life with 2 handsome guys in my small apartment who will both be neutered by November.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c0b5b1f0752.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda81

Amanda81, welcome to ATS enjoy your stay. Take your time filtering the maddness from whats real and you should do fine.

link   

Hi Amanda, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

link   
Hi

You're really sweet.

I like you already.

Welcome!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hi Amanda,

Welcome to ATS!

Please don't neuter me...I'm a good boy!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS,I see you have a sense of humor...
Living with two guys who will be neutered in november

I know that part got Slayer's attention that is why he is
hiding behind the sofa.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcome's everyone and don't worry guys, I only neuter pets.

My life motto is simple: "Get depressed or make the most of it." The first part didn't help so I'm sticking with the second part.

And now I'm off to walk my dog so I can read a little before I go to sleep.
Good day/night y'all.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hi Amanda, and welcome to ATS!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
hi Amanda! Looks like you and I have some things in common - I am a recently reformed lurker and I also live with a handsome neutered companion.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by scafling
hi Amanda! Looks like you and I have some things in common - I am a recently reformed lurker and I also live with a handsome neutered companion.

Maybe we should start a club. Something called: "Ex-lurking singles with neutered companions."

I know it's weak but I've actually had a busy day for once and I'm worn out.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Sounds good to me! We'll be the most popular ladies on ATS in no time!!!

new topics

top topics

join