It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside The Mind Of God.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

Assuming I am right, and you have to go through higher and higher dimensions to get to where God is, then he is definitely incomprehensible.

I guess the reason I like this idea so much is it gives my view of existence much much more depth than I have previously accepted.

So whether or not I'm on the right path, at least I'm on a path that says, "You have more to learn and experience than you could possibly imagine", and "The universe is much more awesome than you have ever considered". It makes things more interesting. lol

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This argument is really growing towards a magic viewpoint (occult): but then again what is religion if not occult. Some believe in casting a spell you are effectively utilizing your connection to the whole. The whole being (God?) and us as one. We are God from this standpoint. In the catholic church the divine trinity God the father, son, holyspirit: 3 and 1. The interpretation of whole 4 billion and yet 1: approximately excluding aliens and animals.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by alchemistry
reply to post by smithjustinb

i can see where this is going because i have been there. knowing this is quiet useless.

Nothing is useless. Everything has a lesson in it.

is time is relative to the observer?

Time definitely is relative to the observer. Its why you can travel at the speed of light away from your planet, come back, and everyone there has aged 5 years when you haven't aged at all.

ultimately your reality is yours alone. no evidence proves anything when a person dies. we do however dream when the physical body shuts down. its is a clue.

Good point.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riffrafter

Interesting post & concept.

Leaving aside the "new age" implications which have been discussed here, I find the concept of a "conscious" universe to be extremely interesting.

Perhaps our solar system is a single conscious being and we are simply a small part of that entity? And that entity in turn is part of a larger entity that we call the Milky Way Galaxy, etc.

Exactly

Perhaps they "think" and function in a dimension that we cannot perceive, rather we can only perceive the 3-dimensional representation of that, and we call them planets, stars, space, black holes, etc.

This is exactly what I'm saying. I was envisioning a fully functional entity going about activities just like we do in its own higher dimensional world. We don't see these activities because we only see what's on the inside of this entity. Which brings me to a greater realization that we can also see the insides of other higher dimensional entities as if our higher dimensional entity has a great mind connection with all of its peers (other stars in the galaxy). Most new agers are very aware of such a oneness. The 4th dimension is still very mysterious to us. I think its saying something that we might be beginning to unravel its mysteries.

When I think of the concepts in physics of dark matter and the even more bizarre dark energy, it makes you wonder if we're getting a glimpse of those things that indicate the universe is far more complex than our 3D (or 4D if you include space/time) representations?

At the end of the day what is the universe except for an enormous collection of information? As a part of that universe we are simply a collection of information arranged in a specific way. Who's to say there isn't far richer and more complex layers of information?

Maybe we'll even be able to prove it someday...

Exactly. Even if I'm wrong about all of this, I would still like to think we are part of something much bigger than we know.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by s12345
This argument is really growing towards a magic viewpoint (occult): but then again what is religion if not occult. Some believe in casting a spell you are effectively utilizing your connection to the whole. The whole being (God?) and us as one. We are God from this standpoint. In the catholic church the divine trinity God the father, son, holyspirit: 3 and 1. The interpretation of whole 4 billion and yet 1: approximately excluding aliens and animals.

I wouldn't call this magic at all. But then again, advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. But we're not talking about technology.

I would say this has a valid scientific root in string theory, and Einstein's relativity. If you combine those two, then this is totally possible.

And if you apply biblical references, then you might have sealed the deal.
edit on 11-9-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
1 word

CANCER

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
1 word

CANCER

Poor Jesus. He needs chemotherapy. Jk
edit on 11-9-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Do you mean Jesus is the cancer in this universe?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Do you mean Jesus is the cancer in this universe?

No I mean, we are the body of christ and we are the cancer, so I mean Jesus has cancer. Or maybe he's just young.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Man I had a dream last January that I was a nerve. In fact it was new years night I had eaten a load of weed brownies.

The dream was so unlike any other dream I had ever had. There was no people there was no earth nothing but blackness and glowing pulsating nerves, the feeling that I was dead and a voice telling me to "remember, you must remember. You need to remember"
Then I remembered something that I could identify with as part of my life then I woke up.

Now I have had some strange dreams but but the way this dream was so abstract having no relation to the world in which I live was the strange part. I was scared I was sure that I had died but I couldn't remember who I even was before so I was stuck there in the vast field of blackness with pulsating and glowing nerves with a soft female voice telling me that I must remember soon in order for me to go back to where I was.

-Alien

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

That's creepy. I'd edit your post fast before the mods come along and delete it because of your reference to drugs.

It sounds like you temporarily descended into a 2nd dimensional existence. Glad to have you back.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

your spirit is not of this world

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Carl young?

I can't understand.

We must transform into solely cancer. It's immortality!!

whiii

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Carl young?

I can't understand.

We must transform into solely cancer. It's immortality!!

whiii

Oh. I was under the impression that you read my original post.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join