It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Camp Slams Perry Again! Who Wins Tonights Debate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The Paul campaign sends Perry's camp a letter explaining their concerns about Perry's record

Dear Governor Perry,

After our campaign’s first ad highlighting your Big Government record and support for liberal Al Gore, your campaign is attacking Dr. Paul – missing the point of why your past is important.

We don’t think the fact that you used to be a Democrat is the big problem here. The real problem is that, too often, you still act like one. Even you yourself, Governor Perry, said of your party switch, “I will still vote the same principles, only with an R after my name.”

That’s the kind of thinking that has our country teetering on the edge of bankruptcy. We cannot afford to nominate someone who thinks the letter next to their name is more important than what they believe.

Governor Perry, let me be clear: It is not that you supported Al Gore that worries us.

It is that you supported Hillary Clinton’s health care plan.

You pushed for federal bailout and stimulus funds.

You support welfare for illegal immigrants.

You tried to forcibly vaccinate12-year-old girls against sexually transmitted diseases by executive order.

You raised taxes twice.

And, state debt has more than doubled in your tenure as governor, pushing Texas to the brink of our constitutional debt limit.

It’s that you supported ALL of these bad ideas that are inconsistent with how most Republicans understand conservatism, yet you now try to swagger your way into the Tea Party.

Governor Perry, with all due respect, you have used great rhetoric. But you will have to answer to the voters of Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and across the country as to why that rhetoric does not match your record.

For Liberty,

Jesse Benton
Campaign Chairman
Ron Paul 2012

This poll has Perry winning asking the question Who will win the GOP Presidential Primary debate tonight?.

What do you think?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I don't see how Rick Perry can make time for a debate when fires are raging across Texas, or are they supposed to be out by then? (checks watch). Rick Perry better use this time to do some homework before the next debate if he actually wants a chance. Sure, I want him there so Ron Paul can demolish him, but showing up as governor while your state burns doesn't take a Ron Paul to defeat you, you defeat yourself

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

I would agree with all of what the Paul camp said except that Perry acts like a Dem. Perry acts like a fascist.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
I don't see how Rick Perry can make time for a debate when fires are raging across Texas, or are they supposed to be out by then? (checks watch). Rick Perry better use this time to do some homework before the next debate if he actually wants a chance. Sure, I want him there so Ron Paul can demolish him, but showing up as governor while your state burns doesn't take a Ron Paul to defeat you, you defeat yourself

Yeah after the idiot drew down 75% of volunteer firemen, he then goes to a debate when he should be taking care of his state that he screwed over to begin with.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to mudbeed

Texas Cut Fire Department Funding by 75% This Year

Under Gov. Rick Perry (R) this year, Texas slashed state funding for the volunteer fire departments that protect most of the state from wildfires like the ones that have recently destroyed more than 700 homes. Volunteer departments that were already facing financial strain were slated to have their funding cut from $30 million to $7 million, according to KVUE. The majority of Texas is protected by volunteer fire departments. There are 879 volunteer fire departments in Texas and only 114 paid fire departments. Another 187 departments are a combination of volunteer and paid.

How convenient Rick, like sending in your troops with blanks...

edit on 7-9-2011 by IAmNotWill because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

I think the cuts demostrate exactly the difference between Paul and Perry... While Paul wants states to strengthen their abilities to fight disasters and rely less on the federal gvernment.... Perry wants to cut the ability for his state to deal with disasters, and rely more on the federal government to save their a$$...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman
reply to post by mudbeed

I think the cuts demostrate exactly the difference between Paul and Perry... While Paul wants states to strengthen their abilities to fight disasters and rely less on the federal gvernment.... Perry wants to cut the ability for his state to deal with disasters, and rely more on the federal government to save their a$$...

I don't know what I agree with to be honest. I think Rick Perry is a liar. A cheating bastard that is as evil as Cheney. Yes I believe that. Paul on the other hand is a little too extreme Lib for me as well.

Why do I care since I am progressive? Because I do. As far as politics are concerned, my loyalties are only as strong as the party my beliefs are aligned with.

I used to be a Republican until they became crazy as hell. I am not sticking with a party that can't even denounce their own crazies. As long as there are folks like Perry, Palin, Bachmann in the party... there is no way in hell I support it.

new topics

top topics

join