It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are they going to teach in schools about 9/11?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
So I read this article and it got me thinking (I have a child who will soon be in school) what are they telling the youth about 9/11 in school. Like:

Who are they saying is to blame? OBL? The FBI did not think he did it so.... then who?

What about the bigger picture like the history leading up to the event?

What do they say about the contract kick backs revived by the P and VP?

And on and on there are to many questions. How can they educate the youth with little public truth out there.

Yahoo
edit on 7-9-2011 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I think the bigger problem is teaching people how to critically think. Most people cannot do this, and they certainly dont teach this in school. Once learning this basic skill is achieved, the truth of 9/11 will come naturally, as will the truth of many other topics and concepts.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If you tell a kid, the government attacked its own people to have an excuse for war, it will register as morally wrong, but not necessarily complex. The complexity is that everyone else they know has told them it was the work of Muslims, so getting over that cognitive dissonance is the real difficulty. The facts speak for themselves.
edit on 7-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidAmerican
So I read this article and it got me thinking (I have a child who will soon be in school) what are they telling the youth about 9/11 in school. Like:

Who are they saying is to blame? OBL? The FBI did not think he did it so.... then who?

What about the bigger picture like the history leading up to the event?

What do they say about the contract kick backs revived by the P and VP?

And on and on there are to many questions. How can they educate the youth with little public truth out there.

Yahoo

You confuse education with indoctrination.

The OS will become the "truth".

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If I have children (not any time soon), and if there is a school to go to, then I will be sure to tell them as much as I can that I know to be true. I think schooling will be quite different after the next 10-15 years. At least, I hope it will be.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
You can always use this website as a teaching resource.

They seem to have all the answers apparently and they are encouraging U.K Schools to use them to teach to impressionable minds.

Personally, very much like religion, I would wait until they can research it for themselves and let them make their own minds up.

911londonproject.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
My daughter is in the 6th grade, she was a baby when 9-11 happened, she doesn't know much about it at all, just what she's heard us say here. My son was born the year after 9-11, and he too doesn't know much about what happened, he asked me a few months ago, he is in the 4th grade. Basically I told him well they say "insert official story here" and then lots of people say it didn't happen like that. He asked me what I thought happened and I told him I didn't know, because honestly I don't believe the official story 100%, but don't think we control demolished the buildings and most of the other 9-11 conspiracies out there.

Anyway I don't think they talk about it in school, yet ...... maybe they are saving it till middle school which I will find out this year or high school.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ztruthseeker
I think the bigger problem is teaching people how to critically think. Most people cannot do this, and they certainly dont teach this in school. Once learning this basic skill is achieved, the truth of 9/11 will come naturally, as will the truth of many other topics and concepts.

Yes - this is the key.

Perhaps when children are older they can be given more information that perhaps they did not find on their own.

I do think it is not a bad idea - say in their early teens - to give them some other interesting and well known examples in history when people were mislead about how a historical attack/scandal went down.

Probably not a bad idead to encourage them to read The Prince and the Art of War - so they understand that using misinformation on political opponents is a well honed and ancient government practice.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I have taught my kids the truth.
Seems to work out best when you do that.

Factions within our own Government attacked our country that day for several reasons but it really all comes down to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
You can not trust our Government, the people running our government, Doctors, Police officers (especially police officers) nor your own teachers in school.

If I let the Government spoon feed my kids the officially sanctioned,Government Approved, sanitized,sterilized, Walt Disney version of reality, they will grow up to contribute to the already overpopulated nation of bread dead zombified masses.

Do we really need any more of them?
edit on 7-9-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
ztruth- I most definitely agree this is a skill and the ability for logical thinking needs to be addressed.

filosophia- this issue with telling the kids somethings like that is that is opinion there are many theories about the events much like the JFK assassination.

Lysergic- agreed this is the main reason we are considering home schooling because it took us a good 5 years to break the basics fallacies we learned in school.

mattime- I most agree that education is going one of two way further in to government control (most likely) or a privatized system with government vouchers.

Cobaltic- Thank for the heads up.

Thanks for all the input.

AT: I guess my biggest concern with teaching this in school is that there are still many people who take the official story as a total explanation and reject any alternative as madness. How many teachers fall in to this group.... I know there will be some willing to present the inconsistencies in the story. I think like some have said educating them before the teachers and them they can press the teachers in to examining things through questioning.

edit on 7-9-2011 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This was the discussion at our dinner table last night. We asked our children if the schools should teach 9/11 and at what age. My youngest was about 6 months on 9/11, he has been raised listening, questioning and giving opinions on current events. My children have seen the video's of the planes going into the towers, they know of the underwear and shoe bomber. My kids know of Zazi in Denver, of Bin Laden and Saddam. My children have hear the conspiracy theories and have talked out the what if.... I say people need to present the information, the pupils can dig, question and draw what conclusions are good from them. I am not a truther regarding 9/11. But having said that I do question Mr. Cheney regarding that day.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
i will explain it as i do everything: some say this happened, some say that happened. We may never know for sure.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I don't think the schools could without bias teach 9/11. They teach our children sex-ed focusing on it is ok to like the same sex but fail to teach how to contract an STD. It would be interesting to see what PC lesson plan they will develop for 9/11.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
They actually still 'teach' in our schools?

but seriously,
Lys referenced confusing 'education' with 'indoctrination ... a valid point.

I graduated back in the early 80s, and it seems the focus of education and curriculum has since shifted more towards memorization and multiple choice 'guess tests'.

Much of that which were required subjects/credits back in the day are now electives or not even offered at all.

World Govt., Civics, History [even had period-based classes].

Quite a few friends and even relatives have since gone on to become teachers at one level or another, and for the most part, they too all agree that the focus has shifted from providing a 'healthy learning environment' to that of 'trying to teach kids How To Learn' (?)

*like people have lost their ability to think for themselves and need remedial training*

me?
what's been lost is the lust for learning, growing and expanding one's horizons .... it's all too easier to just flip on that boob tube for the 6 0'clock SnewZe and be 'told about it' .... that is, if they can muster the gumption to do even that and set aside the happy meal, ipod, xbox, etc.

not saying all .... but a vast majority would fit well into that type description/scenario

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This is absolutely insane!!! ONLY 17% of American students know a damn thing about our Founding Fathers or the Constitution, but their gonna brainwash them with lies told by our government??? I lost my cousin on 9/11 and this infuriates me!! I don't have children, but if I did I would pull them out of their class the day they were teaching these false accounts!! No wonder America's education system is in shabbles. The Education Department worries about brainwashing kids with fables than facts!! Next thing they're gonna teach our kids is Mickey Mouse invented cheese!!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by chrissiel123

My question is...what if a teacher doesn't believe the governments account of 9/11...will they be fired??

top topics

join