It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did we start on Mercury? or maybe a planet closer to the sun? Please hear me out.......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Last night I had an epiphany. At least that's what I believe it was. Science proves that stars start off small and grow until eventually they collapse on them selves and cause a black hole, black dwarf, or neutron star. What if we as a species actually started on mercury or perhaps a planet that used to be closer to the sun and as the sun got bigger we have just been migrating to the next planet and so on. What if this planet is in fact the 3rd planet we have inhabited? I understand that it takes billions of years for a star to grow and engulf the planets closest to them in that respect but imagine the technological advances over the course of billions of years.

So what if we as a species started on a planet closer to the sun, came to understand about our solar system and came to the level of intelligence much like how we as a race will be on this planet in millions of years from now. Then before the sun expanded, we used our technology to seed this planet with life via genetics and such like things. Maybe our ancestors were in fact versions of us that used to inhabit venus and when the sun got to big for life to continue due to temperature and radiation, we simply packed up and headed to the next planet (earth) and started civilization all over again and as a species, knowing nothing about anything, we have to figure out how to get to the level of understanding, wisdom, and knowledge, in order to re invent the technology needed to seed the next planet before the sun expands again wiping out this one? What if everything we are going through has happened several times before on other planets and will eventually happen again on another planet down the road?

I hope yall understand what the theory is that I'm trying to relay here. If so what are your thoughts on something like this?
edit on 7-9-2011 by supermanning because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by supermanning

If we come from another planet, then i think Mars would be the most likely candidate. Even though it is further from the sun, it had a much thicker atmosphere then with temperatures more similar to earth today.
It also had oceans of liquid water back then, so there is good chances it also had life.
If it had life it also most likely had it long before earth since planet cooled much faster due to smaller size.
Mercury on the other hand is way too close to sun even though it was weaker back then.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Yes, i think that could be possible. We may have had so many pasts and catastrophes that have been lost in the eons of time. Maybe Earth is the last planet to be used and then we move on to another solar system. Or somehow regenerate the likes of Mars (just like goin' home).

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I do agree that it is possible.
I don't think it happened though.
Where is the evidence?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
If we look at the sun how we currently do as a young species then yes, mercury could have never been populated, but if you look theoretically at all of this as a species that's billions if not trillions or quadrillions of years old, The sun would have been much much smaller back then and mercury would have been the same distance from that smaller star, as earth is today from the current size of our sun. What if mars was never inhabited before, but rather is being "baked" currently and conditioned so to speak into the planet we live on today? Science shows that they have found water on mars, which we know is the foundation of life. I think it's very fathomable, that as the sun grows, that water will be evaporated and therefore start some kind of atmosphere similar to the one on earth. Then by the time the precipice of our life here on this planet comes, there will be different types of life and or beings on mars by then. These future beings could be much like how we started as beings on this planet but their bodies are naturally attuned to living on mars. No doubt they will probably be ignorant much as we were in the beginning before the "god's" came and instructed man to build and grow and the like. What if these god's that the sumerians and other ancient civilizations weren't god's at all, and were just us in different bodies whose DNA was spliced with beings that naturally lived here so that the conscience of the being and its understanding would not die when the planet died?

www.cbsnews.com...
www.sitchin.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I have often pondered the same type of theory.

Mercury: A desserted, pointless, overheated dead rock making its way whistfully around the sun, awaiting the demise of our suns expansion in which it will cease to exist.

Venus: Eerily Earthlike in size and appearance. Surrounded by a sulpheric blanket of volcanic clouds. The surface riddled with volcanic activity, making it also uninhabitable. But what was Venus like Billions of years ago? Was it once a thriving habitat for life, that as it became trapped in the solar grasp of the suns even stronger magnetic field began to react in such a matter over time?

Earth: We know Earth and we are now observing what many say is an uptick in volcanic and tectonic activity. Could this be part of the process as our gravity troft nears the sun. Or as our sun creeps along in some sort of expansion, are we feeling the effects of a stronger cosmic force?

Mars: Maybe at one point this planet was a gas giant like Jupiter behind it. Only to be swampled and crushed by the planets that traveled the belt before it. This process could combine many elements and lead to water (which we know is there), and a CO2 atmosphere just ripe to.reach a temparature in which photosynthesis can take place. Would we have to seed it? Would the process happen naturally over time (hopefully before our Earth becomes a complete geomagnetic disaster)?

Asteriod Belt: A bad place to be for a planet. Or is it the beginning of a new chapter for our next guy in line.... you named it... JUPITER! (What's up big guy?)

Since the ancients speak of the 5th sun, could life have existed on 4 planets before us, making us the 5th planet from the sun in origin (with life anyway)?

Very cool OP. I'm sorta new here, as I see you are very new. Thank you for bringing this theory to the table!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
mercury is almost the size of our moon... and venus is almost exactly the same size as earth..

there are theories that state that mercury was once the moon in a "Venus / Mercury" system..

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by forall2see

Exactly! what if all the planets after us are what our planet used to be before the sun expanded. Please keep in mind that gas that is compressed and cooled enough become a solid. What if our world used to be jupiter in its beginning and over time the gases that surrounded our planet cooled and compressed to become land and water. Then the water was evaporated to form the atmosphere. Then photosynthesis took place and plants grew. Then the beings that lived on Venus saw this and came here with technology that is much similar to the likes of what we will have by the time Mars is ripe for vegetation and brought life from their planet and using genetics, "create" life that can feed on the vegetation that will by then be and over time one of those beings could evolve into a being much like a human where we could put our dna into it and make it intelligent. Sumerians talked about Annunaki doing this kind of thing with us in order to make slaves for themselves. What if in all actuality, they weren't making us slaves but were merely teaching us how to cultivate and build, by ordering us to do it for them as a lesson to us as to how to advance?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I hold more to a similar idea, but the other way around. It seems to me, the Sun dies out and becomes weaker. So life would move towards the Sun rather than away from it. I think Mars was more like the Earth in the past, and the next planet to have abundant life will be Venus.
edit on 7-9-2011 by tom502 because: misspell

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tom502

But science shows that the sun is slowly expanding. Black holes happen as a result of a star getting to big and collapsing under the force of its own gravity. By the time that happens to our sun, we will have migrated to a planet that is beyond the event horizon with a star closer to it and in a different solar system. I'm not saying my theory is right, it's merely a theory, but the more I study and search for answers to these questions, the more apt I am becoming in regards to acceptance of this theory of mine.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

But Earth was actually hotter back then anyways and this could very well be same for mercury as well depending on if it had a atmosphere or not.

Venus would be a more likely candidate since it might have had water sometime in the past. But i think even venus is not a very good one due to the slow retrograde spin with a day lasting longer than a venusian year.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by supermanning
reply to post by tom502

But science shows that the sun is slowly expanding. Black holes happen as a result of a star getting to big and collapsing under the force of its own gravity. By the time that happens to our sun, we will have migrated to a planet that is beyond the event horizon with a star closer to it and in a different solar system. I'm not saying my theory is right, it's merely a theory, but the more I study and search for answers to these questions, the more apt I am becoming in regards to acceptance of this theory of mine.

That will never happen to our sun.. Our sun will grow over the next billion years until it turns into a red giant and then it will end its life by shrinking into a white dwarf.
It will probably eat up earth though, but that is still billions of years away.

And it with current propulsion systems it would take tens of thousands of years for even a probe to reach the closest star, so doubt there is much escape even if we by some miracle survive that long.
edit on 7-9-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Anything is possible, as all we as a race have at this point are speculative theories about how our solar system and universe work.

Maybe the Annunaki need to return and teach TPTB how it feels to be an average citizen of this planet! Now thats slavery! Might open their matted eyes a little

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Heat is created by radiation and an atmosphere's ability to trap that radiation equally around a planet at all times. I believe that mercury could have had an atmosphere sufficient to trap that radiation when it was much farther from a smaller star. It still has an atmosphere, it's just a really weak one now as the sun has expanded to evaporate much of it. That's why the surface of mercury that faces the sun is very hot, yet the surface that is away from it is very COLD. Same goes for Venus. Earth is just right as far as distance from the sun that our atmosphere can hold in the radiation sufficiently to keep the planet within 100 degrees F difference between hottest point and coldest point on any given day. Then again, I personally don't believe the son is hot "temperaturely" speaking, but rather is very radio active and emits radiation as opposed to heat. Planets that have an atmosphere trap that radiation and therefore cause heat. Planets with no atmosphere are cold because they have no way to trap the radiation. Mercury is my prime factual basis for this belief as its nights are around -163 C, and it's days are 430 °C. It has a very weak atmosphere as the majority of it has been evaporated as the sun has expanded causing radiation to get stronger over time. This would explain global warming. I don't believe CO2 causes it as plants breathe it. The answer to cutting down CO2 is to plant more trees and vegetation.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

If we come from another planet, then i think Mars would be the most likely candidate. Even though it is further from the sun, it had a much thicker atmosphere then with temperatures more similar to earth today.
It also had oceans of liquid water back then, so there is good chances it also had life.
If it had life it also most likely had it long before earth since planet cooled much faster due to smaller size.
Mercury on the other hand is way too close to sun even though it was weaker back then.

Since childhood I have wondered if the human race was on Mars before coming here.
I wondered if we bust it and had to move.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I think the elements that make up the planets are produced by nuclear fusion in the sun, that ,and remnants from a prior super nova. So basically the development of the planets and the development of the sun are connected. Your theory is cool, but it assumes the planets remain "static", or pre exist, while the sun grows. I'm not sure if this is the case.
edit on 7-9-2011 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
i have read a book on this topic, the author stated we started out on venus, and eventually went to mars. We then with the help of an invading alien force destroyed mars atmosphere. and where sent to live on earth.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

Originally posted by supermanning
reply to post by tom502

That will never happen to our sun.. Our sun will grow over the next billion years until it turns into a red giant and then it will end its life by shrinking into a white dwarf.
It will probably eat up earth though, but that is still billions of years away.

And it with current propulsion systems it would take tens of thousands of years for even a probe to reach the closest star, so doubt there is much escape even if we by some miracle survive that long.
edit on 7-9-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

Actually Nostradamus predicted the world will be swallowed by the sun in 3797 i believe.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
So much we don't know. So much we speculate. So much gets tossed into the proverbial basket and so few challange the 'word'.

Some (if not most) of the problem with considering these scenarios is: religion.
Religion has painted us here. It's all condensed with a start--- a very murky middle and a supposed end.
And that my friend, is the end of His Story.

So I profess, the sooner we get away from religion and take a quantum LEAP into spirituality the sooner the truths will present themselves.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

What if religion was created to use fear in people to not become what we are now because our past ancestors from a previous planet had these same social issues at one time on their world and knew how to over come it. How do you explain that to a race that had no intellect? My guess would be to put as laws into a book and explain to them that they would be punished if they didn't follow the instructions. As far as anything written by Moses, He was the first to be revealed God's name after the flood. He was given the tablets of the law of the covenant. Those laws even down to this day are the best laws than man could have ever lived by if we would have just listened to them and not think we were missing out on something. Maybe those laws really were the instructions for us in order for us on this planet to keep clean and functioning properly?

Think about the animals it said we could eat and not eat for instance. In Leviticus Chapter 11. Now if you believe that each animal plant and bug has its own job to do for earth, in order to keep it clean and functioning correctly, then it makes sense why those animals that were told to us were unclean shouldn't be ate. They as a civilization had already figured out what animals could be eaten either A because they had a certain job to do for earth but couldn't explain it in ways that we would understand. I think if we weren't to eat these animals, the earth would be much cleaner as most of the ones we weren't suppose to eat, were bottom feeders and natural garbage trucks. My proof is of how this could be is look, eveyone does eat those animals and now look how dirty it has become and how we are getting disaster after disaster because jobs aren't getting done by the animals that do them on accout of us.

So maybe they "ancestors" resorted to fear just as our parents did when we were young to get us to listen to them. I think if we all realized this and just worked together first to fix this planet then to further our technology in ways that will not harm this one, we could all be happier and get to the next planet faster. LOL Man I'm don't know what the hell is up with me lately. Things just seem to make sense to me and I don't know why. Like I said, this is just a theory so take it for what its worth.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join