It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian airliner in fatal crash near Yaroslavl

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

that image was the one posted by CTV Calgary on one of the links I provided... but
they have a new one up replacing that old one
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ac0444397118.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Ok, now this is strange... The tail number for this aircraft is RA-42 433 or a more complete Yak-42 RA-42 433. See the translated version of the investigation site www.mak.ru...

Yak-42 RA-42 433 07/09/2011

According to preliminary information received in the terminal area of Yaroslavl the accident with the Yak-42 № RA-42 433 airline "Yak Service", has died.
In accordance with the Russian air legislation the Interstate Aviation Committee a commission to investigate the causes and circumstances of this accident. Commission Chairman AN Morozov, Deputy Chairman Kashirsky LA
The Commission falls into place of the accident.

That aircraft has been owned since 2009 by an Armenia company Armavia and when they bought it it became EK42470 (see the operator history).

Now, look at a November, 2010 photo of EK42470 (it's copyrighted so I can't post it directly here). Compare that picture to the one on the scene of this crash:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e3f66121a9a6.jpg[/atsimg]

Does that look in any way like the same aircraft? I'm off to see if I can find out if they painted it recently or if any of Armavia's aircraft are blue instead of orange.

ETA: Not a single Armavia aircraft is blue. All are orange with 2 or 3 being all white. Armavia Aircraft Photos

ETA Again: From all of the media, the aircraft that crashed was owned by Yak Service not Armavia. Although I find it strange that the sale of the plane from Armavia to Yak Service (sometime after November, 2010) wouldn't be documented, it could be possible. The blue tail is the color of Yak Service.

So, did Yak Service buy this plane some time within the past 9 months and repaint it to their colors or is this a different plane? Why is the Russian investigation centered on EK42470 then?

edit on 7/9/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The very first picture in this thread was an OY-something And "OY" is a Danish plane registration. So I am sure it wasn't the correct one. Now the latter images with the gear sticking up (like a dead paw) look more like an YK42.

I myself am from Russia, and I am a big fan of Locomotive - Moscow. I am still shocked that a whole team was wiped from this plane of existence. May their souls find peace. And may the wounded recover, though the one hockey team survivor has third degree burns on 80% of his body. You can imagine how long he would live before sepsis sets in.

Anyhow. The airport in Yaroslavl bears the title "international" while it's really nothing more then a low category, local standards airport. I won't say anything more on the techstandards of the plane, since I wouldn't be able to hold back expletives. Oh well *sighs* Where is this cruel world heading? Now take care everyone.
edit on 7/9/2011 by RumET because: Minor corrections

edit on 7/9/2011 by RumET because: Grammar grammar, oh when will Thee submit to me?

Now this page www.kp.ru... says that the plane was not fit for EU's standards and was in a no-flight blacklist. The experts also comment that the plane itself is a good one. The only issue is the lacking maintenance. Often small fleets of aircraft in Russia save money by using substandard parts and they suffer from lack of maintenance. The larger ones like AFL and TSO do not have such issues and use relatively new planes as well. That is to counter NRK's claims about every Russian plane being substandard.
edit on 7/9/2011 by RumET because: Added some more facts from kp.ru

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

They had amazing players
especially Pavol Demitra who shaped Slovakian Ice Hockey
( They will all be soo missed
R.I.P

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RumET
Now this page www.kp.ru... says that the plane was not fit for EU's standards and was in a no-flight blacklist.

According to that page (it's a good one, thanks :up
, this aircraft RA 42 433 was owned by Tatarstan Air and not Yak Service (as the media is saying) or Armevia (as the documentation is saying). This is a picture of it, it is not blue either!

edit on 7/9/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

According to this page www.airframes.org... it was owned by TAK - Tatarstan Air Company And according to this page russianplanes.net... It's still in service. So the regnumber must be wrong.
We have www.airframes.org... this one with a blue tail, but it's own by Proton and well... Look and investigate for yourselves www.airframes.org... here's AKY's fleet of YK42's

Oh found a nice AKY image of a descending Yakovlev Yak-42D www.planepictures.net... Enjoy

edit on 7/9/2011 by RumET because: Added an image plus some info.

edit on 7/9/2011 by RumET because: Darn you grammar!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Yeah I had just heard about this through my youtube subs... Heres a video on it, since I hadnt seen one posted

Very sad indeed...

Does anybody else remember that Seinfeld episode where George asks (I think Keith Hernandez) about whole sports teams flying together, and mentions an entire team just being wiped out by an airplane crash... Cant believe it actually happened... RIP

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

I believe it has happened before. You know Manchester United and all? Noone should stuff a whole team be it presidents, or hockey players on one plane. Especially if the plane is Russian and built in the 80'ies, and from a small aircompany.

I'll add a link to a gallery full of images from the crash site. It looks very sad, and somewhat serene. The beauty of nature disturbed by the burning twisted wreck of metal and rubber and smoke. lenta.ru...
edit on 7/9/2011 by RumET because: Added a gallery link

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This is very sad.

43 people killed. All on the same hockey Team. Former NHL players...

It just sucks the breath out of you when things like this happen.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Another sad day for hockey

Such a tragic offseason we have had...
RIP

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
What a very sad day. RIP to them all.
I have been a follower of Ice Hockey since the 80s thanks to seeing Wayne Gretzky play in Vancouver.
That poor lad that has survived, so terribly burned, I do hope that he and the other crew member will recover.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Last news is that the heavily burnt 'Lokomotive' player perished from intoxication. That leaves only one survivor - the flight engineer. He seems to be less injured (if such a term can be used) and conscious. Now the hockey club will not participate in this year's KHL (Continental Hockey League) Also the Russian Authorities named a star (sic!) after FK Lokomotiv and the coordinates are 205.05196 - 5.86963 I entered them here skyview.gsfc.nasa.gov... chose the famed IRAS as the output and lo! I got what looks like a smiley, or a creepy face lower left in the output picture. See if yuo can spot it. Fate, or some power telling us things? Signs signs signs, they're everywhere!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join