It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 11 killed, dozens hurt in blast at Delhi High Court

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

At least 11 killed, dozens hurt in blast at Delhi High Court

www.latimes.com

A blast outside India's Delhi High Court on Wednesday morning that authorities said resulted from a terror attack killed at least 11 people and injured dozens, the biggest to hit the Indian capital since a series of market blasts detonated three years ago, killing 25.

Several news organizations reported receiving an email allegedly from Harkat-ul-Jihad Islami (HUJI), a Pakistani Islamist terror group, claiming responsibility.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
If a Pakistani role is confirmed, the attack would likely worsen relations between the two nuclear-armed neighbors, which have only recently emerged from a deep freeze following the 2008 Mumbai attack that killed 166 people

Police said the explosion appeared to have been caused by a medium- to high-intensity improvised device made with ammonium nitrate, an easy-to-obtain substance used in fertilizers, although more details would emerge after a forensic investigation.

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Mother******!!!! These Pakistani bas***** are really getting on my nerves!
But not to worry. Indian government doesn't have the guts to use nukes. We'll probably forget this one too..

I'm sorry. As A Indian who lives 2 buildings away from the epicenter of the 26/11 terror attacks, I cannot bear watching any more innocent deaths. Again I'm sorry about the cussing.
Hindu-Muslim riots are more likely, which is even more f'ed up.
edit on 7-9-2011 by DoctorSatan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorSatan
Mother******!!!! These Pakistani bas***** are really getting on my nerves!
But not to worry. Indian government doesn't have the guts to use nukes. We'll probably forget this one too..

edit on 7-9-2011 by DoctorSatan because: (no reason given)

The question should be asked at this time is why the Delhi High Court and not the Parliament or the Presidential Building (Rashtrapati Bhavan)? What was going on in judicial system and the justice department that could have been of benefit to anyone (pakistanis or local businesses or politicians)?

I'm sure eventually the GOI will spend few years only to forget the incident and move on as they have in the past which is pure BS. On one hand the country brags about their military might and intelligence and culture but when it comes to handling domestic issues or curbing terrorist activities within the capital city, it has failed severely since this is not the first attack on Delhi.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'm just looking for information here. Has there been a recent increase in Muslim-Hindu violence? Why? Is Islam just testing the world's resolve? Is it part of the buildup to a final war? What, if they have any, are their thoughts?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Delhi blast: Third email threatens Ahmedabad, say reports

NEW DELHI: Even as investigators struggled to find a breakthrough in the Delhi high court blast case, another terror email, warning of an impending attack, has reportedly surfaced. The name of Ahmedabad figures in the email which was sent under a numerical code. Gujarat, specifically Ahmedabad has now been put on a high alert.

I hope this is a hoax...

A high intensity briefcase bomb ripped through the crowded reception area in the high court on Wednesday. 13 people died and over 70 people were injured in the blast that took place between Gate No.4 and 5 when around 200 visitors, mostly litigants, were waiting in queue to get passes to enter the premises

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Delhi blast: Indian group 'may be behind' court attack

India's Home Minister P Chidambaram has said it is likely that an attack on the Delhi high court was carried out by militants based in India. "We can no longer point to cross-border terrorism as a source of terror attacks in India," Mr Chidambaram told the BBC.

www.bbc.co.uk...

The two groups who have purportedly said they carried out the attack are Harkat-ul Jihad al-Islami (Huji) and the Indian Mujahideen. Mr Chidambaram said (Huji) had not been active in India for a while.

Indian Mujahidee

Indian Mujahideen (Hindi: इंडियन मुजाहिदीन ) is an indigenous terrorist group in India, that has claimed responsibility for several attacks against innocent targets in India.[1] Believed to be a "shadow amalgam of the Students Islamic Movement of India", the Indian Mujahideen have been declared a terrorist organization.[2] However, no decision had been made to ban the organisation as of 28 September 2008.
Indian_Mujahideen

Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami

Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami (Arabic: حركة الجهاد الإسلامي‎, Ḥarkat al-Jihād al-Islāmiyah, meaning "Islamic Struggle Movement", HuJI) is an Islamic fundamentalist organization most active in South Asian countries of Pakistan, Bangladesh and India since the early 1990s. It was banned in Bangladesh in 2005. The operational commander of HuJI, Ilyas Kashmiri, was reportedly killed in a U.S. Predator drone strike in South Waziristan on June 4, 2011.[1] He was linked to the February 13, 2010 bombing of a German bakery in the Indian city of Pune. A statement was released soon after the attack which claimed to be from Kashmiri; it threatened other cities and major sporting events in India.
Harkat-ul-Jihad_al-Islami

new topics

top topics

join