It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if I am just a DREAM

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The thing is, even if you are a dream, you still have to DEAL with it.

You have to get up in your dream reality, and go to your imaginary boring job so you can buy you and your fake loved ones dream food so they don't wake up dreaming that they're hungry in the middle of the fake night.

I suppose you could always take a risk and kill yourself in an attempt to get out of this dream reality, but you have no idea what comes after, or whether you'll "wake up" in real reality, or just continue on in another dream. So you might as well tough it out.

One good thing about this reality if it's a dream. It doesn't last very long in the grand scheme of things.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
One good thing about this reality if it's a dream. It doesn't last very long in the grand scheme of things.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

yes!
and the same we could say about dreams... they don't last very long in the grand scheme of things!

so, our lifespan is very short... and we know it!!
we "know" that this is our reality while we know it is very short and only temporary...

therefor there must be another reality outside our own reality!!
whether it too is temporal or not i do not know...

but, i know this for sure:

if something was to be really true... then it would be true forever... we cannot say that 2+2=4 only for a short period of time and then it's no longer true... because that would not be logical!

logic leads me to believe that the true life reality should be infinite... it should be eternal.

therefor, i think that we may very well be some kind of illusion (a dream or a thought if you will)... because in this "reality" we are not infinite nor eternal!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by EmilNomel

The word "eternal" means 'without beginning or end - always existing'. If we are eternal then where have we been for the prior 'eternal time' before now? If we can't remember it then what good is it?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I always get what I call a dreamscape. Whenever I go to sleep I concentrate on my dreamscape. My personal dreamscape is gravity. When I'm dreaming I think about gravity and everything just goes awry as gravity goes crazy which tells me I'm dreaming. Kind of like a control to prove to yourself you aren't "really" awake.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash

The word "eternal" means 'without beginning or end - always existing'. If we are eternal then where have we been for the prior 'eternal time' before now? If we can't remember it then what good is it?

we have accepted the sad truth that we are not eternal and only temporal... no?
we are not eternal... therefore we are just a "dream"
yes?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmilNomel

yes?

Not a very good listener, eh?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

yes?

Not a very good listener, eh?

i'm a better listener than a speaker... what about you?
why can't you even answer my simple questions by a "yes" or "no"??
you don't give a simple answer(s) yet, you keep on trying to confuse me... why???

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fretless

i don't know if he ever made a song out of it but, that was over 19 years before the movie "Inception"

You might have grounds for a lawsuit there

I had this same idea years ago when I was maybe in my teens, just another fleeting dream but I knew it would make a good movie.

i do not like lawsuits!

and i believe that we learn from one another... so, there should be no "patent" laws what so ever!!

today, as it stands out, only big corporations can afford to file for an invention at the patent office

as soon as somebody gives the idea for a new invention the big corporations are sure to "steal" that idea and patent it under their name!
if i had the ideas for free energy and perpetual motion engines... then i would just post it (them) on the internet for all of us to use... FOR FREE!!!
what makes you sure that albert einstein's theory of relativity was not reviled to him by a 5 years old girl on the street who was eating an icecream cone and talking to albert einstein about how she was perceiving the world etc...? yet, that 5 years old kid would never get the credit it should deserve!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Merrily, Merrily, Merilly life is but a dream.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
You are not a dream yourself? Though this shadow universe/school, can be called many things. It still has a purpose, and that purpose is to make it real, the love and equality we felt all along in a state of innocence, needs to be made real for our consciousness to grow and expand, for our spirits to mature into souls. For us to Grow Up.

There are many reasons we are here, for many it is tests.

But there is no time. In infinity measurement cannot be taken, though it is perceptionally. Movement is actually clips of infinite rolls of film disappearing and reappearing with each "change" made. Each clip exists eternally, infinitely. From the point of view of those Higher Ups, watching over this is the past clips of what made up a finished DVD, earth history. To us currently, its in the making.

They are with us doing wonderful things to pull us through, but many don't pay attention, and don't notice the metaphorical Light is with them always.

The other side is also influencing.

In a sense traveling through time to reach those clips.

All that has occurred is a part of the earth history dvd already. So if you went through a time machine and changed something today, it would be a part of the history of what has happened, already. Odd quantum quirks such as some of the noted experiments such as killing your father, before you were born, would best be described as distortions and shadows, or that quantum possibility timelines that surround us before the actual concrete moment is fixed, like in the double slit experiment. In other words, for you to be here, it certainly didn't happen in our world timeline.

So there is an overall earth history and outcome, one that cannot be changed in the overview. But like a coloring book we can affect the scenes and flavor the outcomes for individuals and its already been done from a Future perspective, though in the process currently. So the actions and miracles of the Family are already accounted for but currently happening now.

In addition, there are some who are here to help nudge others out, to change individual outcomes in the long run while in the framework of free will, to be of assistance.

With all of that , while a shadow of our true home, its still very REAL and outcome is important, that people are reached. So we all need to wake up to the simple love and family here to not let others down.

Era - Don't You Forget About Me - ( not official )

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

What if I am just a DREAM?

What if your not?

What if it's all real?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

How would we ever know?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
i was looking for a nice video about perception that i lost... but i found this one to be quite interesting too...
look:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

Exactly!

Now I have a headache

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

For all we know we could be in the Matrix.....

I'm way to disconnected from reality. Just this afternoon I took a tumble down the stairs because I was spacing out but luckily someone caught me before I fell!

My dreams are eerily realistic. That's why I have controls so I can realize I'm in dream-space. Personally I believe, assuming that this right now is reality, that we are all asleep. Not exactly literally but figuratively. I feel like we have locked away our true nature and substituted it with this godawful thing called society.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Se7enex because: Grammar

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Well, if you are just a dream.... Then some one will wake up,you will cease to exist and wont know the difference anyway.

But if you are a dream and are interacting with my reality... What does that make me?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Then maybe we all don't exist. We are on the internet, in different time zones, different realms. Unless your my neighbor, and we just happened to start talking about ATS. I personally only know 2 members on this site. How many does everyone else know personally?
edit on 14-9-2011 by KonquestAbySS because: spelling

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Well, if you are just a dream.... Then some one will wake up,you will cease to exist and wont know the difference anyway.

But if you are a dream and are interacting with my reality... What does that make me?

Reality Does Not Exist

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
all we see & seem is but a dream within a dream

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

What if I am just a DREAM?

What if your not?

What if it's all real?

it's all REAL and all is just a DREAM!