It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September 11 2011, Elenin closes to Sun, Elenin will cross the ecliptic plane

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
My question has been overlooked so I will ask again.......since this comet had appeared to disintegrate why all the fuss? did it not really disintegrate at all?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

NASA never claimed that Elenin broke up. It has been the work of independent astronomers. Even the legendary comet hunter Robert McNaught has stated that by all appearances Elenin has broken up into numerous pieces.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by coffeesniffer

It's because people refuse to give up on this crazy theory that Elenin is somehow significant. I have been told that respected astronomers who have observed the comet and stated that it has broken up are engaging in reckless speculation. While at the same time a YouTube video that doesn't even show Elenin is being used as proof that it hasn't broken up. It's completely ridiculous, but then again so has every other part of this saga that is Elenin.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by coffeesniffer
My question has been overlooked so I will ask again.......since this comet had appeared to disintegrate why all the fuss? did it not really disintegrate at all?

I post on first page, read more carefully ..

You can see your self, latest pictures of comet Elenin ..

07-09-2011 01:01 AM

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is still in one piece, if he disintegrate it be around Sep 9 or Sep 27 from my perspective ..

Apologize because I make mistake several times is not 27/11 lo0l
, I thought on 27/9 - September 27 alignment you see on that picture real date ..
edit on 7-9-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
i think be much safe staying put in open field with knowledge of dams in case they break than hanging in the mountains with posible land slides. Mountains is danger with no experience and no chopper if you get stuck on ledge or huge rock rolin down and kingpin you. No stress if u survive the world will recover quick all those hidden tech that cant be used today because of all the jobless it would create. This must happen if humans want to improve. No free energy for you until those without a job are dead because those jobless energy workers equal crime, we must die by the amount jobless, 1billion jobless 1billion rest in pieces.i think be much safe staying put in open field with knowledge of dams in case they break than hanging in the mountains with posible land slides. Mountains is danger with no experience and no chopper if you get stuck on ledge or huge rock rolin down and kingpin you. No stress if u survive the world will recover quick all those hidden tech that cant be used today because of all the jobless it would create. This must happen if humans want to improve. No free energy for you until those without a job are dead because those jobless energy workers equal crime, we must die by the amount jobless, 1billion jobless 1billion rest in pieces.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dalke07

Originally posted by coffeesniffer

I post on first page, read more carefully ..

You can see your self, latest pictures of comet Elenin ..

07-09-2011 01:01 AM

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is still in one piece, if he disintegrate it be around Sep 9 or Sep 27 from my perspective ..

Apologize because I make mistake several times is not 27/11 lo0l
, I thought on 27/9 - September 27 alignment you see on that picture real date ..

So your saying it has not disintegrated; you know you could just say so. I read your OP and remembered that the news recently was a buzz relating to Elenin disintegrating. Who hasnt seen the messes of threads that sprung up when the news hit the mainstream.

So OP my question was a valid one and your response with pictures from another forum doesnt quite do it for me; I need another buzz. I need to hear from everywhere (not just forums) that Elenin is not disintegrating or has not disintegrated or even, and in my opinion the most likely (if its still visable and bright), that is had shown some disintegration and then somehow reformed its coma.

OP im simply looking for answers, im not promoting a view, I simply want to understand what is going on.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Best way to know is he disintegrated is when you see very latest picture of comet ..

That picture is 100% Elenin, and that forum is best from southern hemisphere - Australia you cant lie or similar anything to any astronomy form believe my, so is very confidential .. xD

Only believe to my eyes, because so mach things on net is hoax ..

Peace and thanks for reply ..

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by theclutch
I love how everyone and there dog thinks that comets are made of ice or water or snow???? Really? Some comets have been flying by us for centuries, yet they keep on coming over and over again. Don't you think if they where made of ice and water and snow that they would all fall apart. I hate this example of ice comets. It doesn't make sense and it NEVER did. At the size of these comas they would all make one or two passes and then just disappear! They are ROCK! plain and simple! Your HAILED nasa even says it! try looking up electric universe on youtube sometime and edjumacating yourself. yes i spelled educate wrong. Look it up and learn!

As for the original OP message, we will see when it comes whats up. With the comet inbetween us and the sun is when we have to worry a little I think. That's when the ELECTRIC coma from the comet and SUN will be felt most. The comet WILL NOT hit us. That has never been the problem. Every planet has an ELECTRIC defense set up, even the sun. It's called the magnetosphere! We will still be bombarded by the electric comas though. Thats what will effect us more than anything, and no one really knows what the effects of that on us will be. It all matters about the ELECTRIC COMAS and how they will effect us.

Just my two cents worth, not that it matters.
I don't think that it's the fact that they are said to be made up of ice that is the real issue. The real issue is that when we hear ice we automatically equate that to mean frozen water. And calling them volatiles (which is the correct terminology) equates to an equally bad representation. Planetary scientists refer to them as gases or ices based upon their melting points:

Planetary scientists often class volatiles with exceptionally low melting points, such as hydrogen and helium, as gases (as in gas giant), while those volatiles with melting points above about 100 K are referred to as ices. The terms "gas" and "ice" in this context can apply to compounds that may be solids, liquids or gases. Thus, Jupiter and Saturn are referred to as "gas giants", and Uranus and Neptune are referred to as "ice giants", even though the vast majority of the "gas" and "ice" in their interiors is a hot, highly dense fluid that gets denser as the center of the planet is approached.

Source

The worst part about this is that the term's were most likely born out of the attempt to explain such concepts in layman's terms. As a layman, I can think ice and equate that to mean frozen. The substance that is frozen would need to be defined.

-saige-

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

The ascending node crossing of comet Elenin is actually on September 13th. However, it does appear that Elenin's perihelion is on September 11th.

reply to post by Xcalibur254

The stardust mission brought back material that shows that water was present in the mineralization of the material found in the comet not necessarily the comet itself. It is a leap to suggest that therefore water is present in Wild2. It could very well have water but these minerals could also have formed before this was a comet and when this material was in a wet environment.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
RETURN OF THE KING

endgametime.wordpress.com...

If you guys haven't read the above link, 'Let There Be Light' by endgame, then I recommend doing so.

It is very concise and will most likely answer any questions you have regarding the mode and action of Elenin.

BTW, the vid being passed off as lens flare would be viable, except we have alternate angles. See the following vid from different stereo:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
C/2010 X1 Elenin will pass through perihelion on 2011 September 10.....

www.oaa.gr.jp...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmptinessDancing
RETURN OF THE KING

endgametime.wordpress.com...

If you guys haven't read the above link, 'Let There Be Light' by endgame, then I recommend doing so.

It is very concise and will most likely answer any questions you have regarding the mode and action of Elenin.

BTW, the vid being passed off as lens flare would be viable, except we have alternate angles. See the following vid from different stereo:

www.youtube.com...

Thanks for the link.

It contains a lot of info to mull over.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmptinessDancing
RETURN OF THE KING

Elvis is coming back?

Elenin is not going to harm us.

It's really not.

st.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Best way to know is he disintegrated is when you see very latest picture of comet ..

That picture is 100% Elenin, and that forum is best from southern hemisphere - Australia you cant lie or similar anything to any astronomy form believe my, so is very confidential .. xD

Only believe to my eyes, because so mach things on net is hoax ..

Here's the latest photo of C/2010X-1:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2bc4aa8af459.jpg[/atsimg]

sydneystargazers.com...

This photo was taken on September 8. You must admit, for a comet days away from perihelion, Elenin isn't looking at all well. I agree with you about there being a lot of hoaxes on the net.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Is the Blue Kachina about to take of its mask?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by EmptinessDancing

That link just created a whole new set of questions for me...none of which can be posted on ATS...

Oh except 1!

What will they do when Elenin comes and goes with nothing happening?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by manticorex5
reply to post by Dalke07

omgggg 9/11.... some people need to get over the 9/11 incident, its just a date, it means nothing and nothing will ever happen again on that day.

9/11 means plenty to me. It means plenty to most people.

That said, you are right about elenin not being a threat.

Wrong about 9/11 not meaning anything. Tell the families of the 3,000 victims to get over it.
edit on 8-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Yeah, I wouldn't take his word for it. Have a look for yourself and see what you see.
Look at this page, it has quite a number of pictures of Elenin from the past weeks, look at the older dates and the newer ones and notice that instead of the comet brightening as it should when coming close to perhilion it is infact dimming which indicates that it is losing it's structure.
It's fairly conclusive, if people choose to ignore it then that says more about them then anything else.
members.westnet.com.au...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Ooh he's got a new pic up!

Just for the sake of clarity and that a picture is worth a thousand words.

3000 words worth of images...

August 19:

August 27:

September 6:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by EmptinessDancing

That link just created a whole new set of questions for me...none of which can be posted on ATS...

Oh except 1!

What will they do when Elenin comes and goes with nothing happening?

This particular thread is disturbing to me for reasons Other Then the Elenin doom scenerio...
I'm betting that at least some of these people in the News who are wigging out, are taking these predictions way to serious...
Its no wonder there are those who are actually hoping the planet snaps and is finally able to pass all these poor turds.

edit on 8-9-2011 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2011 by wutz4tom because: im an idiota

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join