It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brrr...I'm cold!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Local news

Just thought I would share a local news clipping and see if anyone else is experiencing such strange weather. I think it has been so cold here because of the tropical wave that is south of us. However, I can tell you that this is very unusual weather for this time of the year. Usually we don't break out the jackets until mid-October.

Setting unusual weather records As Allison mentioned below, Monday and Tuesday were record “minimum maximum” temperatures in Nashville. The clouds and rain were the reason for the cool weather, but I was impressed by the severity of the chill (for this time of year). The 58° high temperature we registered in Nashville on Tuesday was the earliest late-summer day in the 50s in our 140 year weather history. With 1.18″ of rain, we also set a record for most rainfall for the date (September 6th). I thought it was interesting that there was only a 2° temperature spread through the day - the low was 56° and the high was 58° - showing just how much a thick layer of clouds, rain, and a north wind will limit the sun’s ability to warm us up.

edit on 7-9-2011 by Doodle19815 because: To add link

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Where i live in the UK its become the norm for it to rain heavily, be sunny and really windy in the same day but not at the same time.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
It's chilly up here in Ohio as well, but that's just how weather is. Years ago we were wearing shorts and a t-shirt in mid December, whereas years before that, I was shoveling 3-4ft tall snow off my driveway.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by digitalbluco

agreed...about 2 maybe 3 years ago it was blistering cold in sept with some light snow..by oct 22 it was 90F again. I only remember because we went to this pumpkin bash thing up by STL, MO..and it was so hot we were all sweating to death.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I live in michigan and i can safely say that the cold weather is way early. monday and tuesday we were in the 60's. the air itself already feels like fall and it also seems like a lot more leaves are already starting to fall then there should be. as much as i dont like the 2012 theories and hope they dont come to pass u cant deny that our world is drastically changing in so many ways

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I don't read an Almanac but does anyone know how the winter will turn out. Do I need to buy fire wood? I love the snow but I hate ice.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ellis1234
Where i live in the UK its become the norm for it to rain heavily, be sunny and really windy in the same day but not at the same time.

I think you'll find it's always been like that here in the uk

i think the romans spoke of our weather....

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I have family in Clarksville, TN and Hopkinsville, KY surely they felt the cool weather as well. Down here in northern Florida the weather was beautiful this morning. I had the doors and windows open, fan blowing, as the outside temperature hit 64°. For anyone who has not spent much time here in N. FL 64° for early September is very odd, just 1° off from the daily record. Today is supposed to be a warm 87° with abundant sunshine but tonight 59° is our expected low.

This is definitely an early start to autumn but you will hear no complaints from me. Summer was brutal with temperatures at or above 95° with high humidity (50%+) for weeks on end. Plus the autumn and into winter is my favorite time of year because the weather is great, holidays begin, and good shows come on TV. The entire meteorological and social atmosphere becomes great.

Also note, in the Florida panhandle this morning temperatures were down around 53° so if temps drop into the 40s there tonight it will not be a surprise.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Here in New England, we've had two beautiful summers in a row. Warm, sunny---gorgeous almost everyday.

But suddenly, yesterday, it started to rain buckets and is cold and in the low 60's this morning.

Sometimes the change of our planet's weather works in our favor.... It's great to have beautiful warm summers.....

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Having lived in the western pan handle I can tell you that is also cold for that area. What the heck?

I love fall but, I am not so fond of winter. I hope this isn't a sign of a bad winter to come.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Out my way, here by Ioway, it's been getting downright like November at night. I love it! I hate hate hate, and by-the-way, did I mention --hate-- , ........ feeling hot. Hot weather.
I thank God it's not like the September I recall, of (I think it was 1989) (or thereabouts) where it was still over 85 degrees. It was around my birthday time, and I was awaiting a birthday card snail mail, from my --then-- long distance (sic) boyfriend. My birthday came and went, and I finally called him, and he goes, "Oh uh, I got one on it's way. I thought you said you liked -surprises!" (Not like that, as****e). While I sat in my room back home at my parents, who had NO airconditioning. I was ---boiling--- (on all levels.)
Late 1980's seemed extraordinarily unrelenting hot and humid, well into September. It's been Global Warming for a very long time!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm in Mich too. I'm not happy about the fact that it was almost 90 Sat. then 65 on Sun. And last night? a whole 47!!!
But, it is Mich after all......

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This morning in Pensacola, FL. I woke to 59 degrees. Lovely ! Yesterday it was a low of 63 with a high of 82. Today was 59 with an expected high in the low 80s....Often the temperatures by my house are different than the official temps taken at the airport or closer to the Gulf...I think we probably broke a record low this morning....Might be a cold winter here like the last two winters.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Elienne

My step-son is still in P-cola. He would love to have a little snow. I saw flurries there Christmas day of '04. Wasn't much but for a half hour there was a crazy group of girls running around with their tongues hanging out.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Here's the Farmers Almanac long range forecast. Just thought that I'd throw that in there for for everyone to see. Varying winter predictions across the nation.
Farmers Amanac

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It is 10am here in Florida and the temperature outside is still in the 60s. The forecast high is 88° today but I doubt that is going to happen. I love this weather so much! The sun is shining bright, no clouds in the sky, and a light breeze.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I must have blinked because the summer was gone in a instant...
It probably doesn't help that I've spent 5 years in the Mohave desert but this summer was really bad.
In the Netherlands July and August were some of the worst months in recorded history. The temperature was below average and the rain was nearly twice as much as average.

I know that the climate changes, as it has always done, but can't it get warmer? I really don't like the cold.

join