It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear 16-year-old Me ..Melanoma Cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Dear 16-year-old Me ..Melanoma Cancer

This Video was made by real people whose lives have been touched by melanoma which is the 2nd most common cancer among children and teenagers.

A good friend of mine died of Melanoma ,2 years ago tomorrow he was just 27 ,and this is why when i found this video ,i had to share it.

Melanoma is the most dangerous type of skin cancer.

It is the leading cause of death from skin disease. It involves cells called melanocytes, which produce a skin pigment called melanin.

Melanin is responsible for skin and hair color. Melanoma can also involve the colored part of the eye

How to spot Melanoma

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/66cd8634f2e9.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 7-9-2011 by TheMaverick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Excellent info, Maverick.
Thanks.
s&f

edit on 7-9-2011 by Neysa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
My good thoughts and prayers go out to you. I think it is commendable of you to remember your friend this way.

I think your thread is a good reminder to not sun bathe......and wear extra strong sun screen...when we are out and about.

Both my parents died of lung cancer.....they both smoked camel unfiltered cigarettes....I miss them every day...as I know you do your friend.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Thank you caladonea.
edit on 7-9-2011 by TheMaverick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I have an appointment in October to have some places looked at for skin cancer. My parents never put sun screen on me, and now I am pretty sure I'm going to pay for that. Good post! Thanks!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Excellent video! Thanks for bringing this to everyone's awareness! S&F

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
google rife treatments. Yuo ca set it ap home with a PC and a traditional sound amplifier. Frree program is from NHC Australia.
you can do vitamins, and please do psychosomatic exploration such as Core Transformation (NLP) or Hellinger therapy. And do stay out of the sun, without any of the poison-laden "sunscreens," You will even miss your Vitamin D.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I am a long time ATS lurker, but this post made me bite the bullet and sign up. In August 2007, I had an uncle on my dad's side of the family pass away from melanoma, and in August 2011, I had a first cousin (again, on my dad's side - but not my uncle's daughter) pass away from melanoma. My cousin was only 33 years old. Her son lost his mother within the first two weeks of starting second grade.

Please folks, this is a very very dangerous disease that doesn't discriminate based on gender, age, race, whatever. It's a nasty killer. Thank you OP for posting this.

top topics

join