It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Eurozone should become should become United States of Europe, by David Cameron

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

Its alright you know, "The Hun"

Did I use this Phrase?

You called them Huns not me. I do not use such words like that. So I would appreciate an apology from you. If you wont apologize then you have proven my point by trying to flame everyone and derail this thread.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
reply to post by Swanfilters

All i can offer to you is mate, maybe you should dust off those binoculars and head off to the coast, maybe you'll spot some Luftwaffe heading straight for ole' blighty what!

I bet you're a marxist. Only a marxist would show such blatant disrespect to our war dead, to our nation and the will of it's people.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Well despite not answering my earlier questions, your main concern about moving to the EU is we will loose all this sovereignty business you speak off, but you just exclaimed Britain to be a dictatorship. Im confused now.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Johnze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by timeless test

And that would be twisting things somewhat... the notion that closer unity within the Eurozone won't lead to any amendments to existing treaties is where the issue lies and amending the existing treaties without consulting all the signatories seems underhanded and undemocratic.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

reply to post by EvanB

Well despite not answering my earlier questions, your main concern about moving to the EU is we will loose all this sovereignty business you speak off, but you just exclaimed Britain to be a dictatorship. Im confused now.

Re read that post or maybe get some reading comprehension skills.

You are trolling

I will not respond to you again

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Lol, maybe you should spend a little more time educating yourself about the topic in the OP, and give the thread and the poster the courtesy he would like, rather than spreading xenophobic hatred and suspicions about ZE GERMANS!!!.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

reply to post by EvanB

Re read that post or maybe get some reading comprehension skills.

You are trolling

I will not respond to you again

I'd have a look at his display pic if I were you. Un-#ing-believable.

Europe has tried endlessly to enslave our people and nation for the last 1500 years, I will never, EVER allow them to do it in the future.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Bit of a cop out there mate, if your going to start a thread you should at least be able to back up what you say with some sort of in depth knowledge, refusing to answer straightforward questions and accusing people of being a troll because you haven't quite garnished the support you may have desired is not the way to handle things

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Cameron acknowledged that possibility.

He then pointed out that, as I said, any treaty changes would be used to negotiate repatriation of powers from the EU to the UK and that he is legislating to make any treaty which takes power FROM the UK subject to a mandatory referendum.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Cameron acknowledged that possibility.

He then pointed out that, as I said, any treaty changes would be used to negotiate repatriation of powers from the EU to the UK and that he is legislating to make any treaty which takes power FROM the UK subject to a mandatory referendum.

Thats all well and good, but we did not get a vote on the existing legislation which has taken soverignty away from this island either!

Smoke and mirrors

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I know.. but what is the point of saying we get a referendum if the goal posts keep moving and keep being redefined.. it is more honest to say the British people have no right to have a say on Europe..

I place all blame at the feet of this and previous administration for failing to give the British people a choice.

I would rather we the British people have our say.. if the will of the people is for further integration.. great.. no more fence sitting.. if it is to get out.. great. we can get our act together..

but we the people will not get our say as the goal posts WILL be moved yet again..

The problem with rewriting the treaties without conferring with all signatories is if we choose further integration it will be under rules we have not agreed too.. which seems utterly stupid and short sighted to me and demonstrates how deeply our leadership is failing us.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Didn't Cameron say that the Parliament would have a say and vote wither to accept or block on anything which comes from Brussels Before he became PM of the UK? Or has that stance been changed also now.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Thats all well and good, but we did not get a vote on the existing legislation which has taken soverignty away from this island either!

Sometimes we did sometimes we didn't but how about we don't dwell on what may have been errors by long dead or retired politicians and, instead, concentrate on what is planned and can be influenced.

You started a thread which stated that Cameron is about to "railroad us" into "a federal superstate without our permission" which is nothing more that alarmist nonsense.

Cameron's Government is taking legislative action to ensure that such a thing cannot happen. You don't have to like him or agree with him, (for the record I do neither), but let's try to stick to the facts.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

The goal posts keep being moved.. as I recall (without looking it up) that he said we would get a vote *if* the Lisbon treaty was not signed when he came to power.. It was being held up at the time in a couple of nations..

But sadly someone pokes their nose in and said they would remove their missile shield and said nations got a little worried they would be left without a defence and so signed up to the Lisbon treaty (a week later said missile shield was back on) and so Cameron lost that opportunity to give the British people their say.

As far as I am concerned he knew the treaty would be signed by the time he took power.. he is in my opinion more a Europhile than liberals like Vince Cable.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Sometimes we did sometimes we didn't but how about we don't dwell on what may have been errors by long dead or retired politicians and, instead, concentrate on what is planned and can be influenced.

You started a thread which stated that Cameron is about to "railroad us" into "a federal superstate without our permission" which is nothing more that alarmist nonsense.

Cameron's Government is taking legislative action to ensure that such a thing cannot happen. You don't have to like him or agree with him, (for the record I do neither), but let's try to stick to the facts.

No you're right, we shouldn't dwell on what has happened. We should rectify what has happened, scrap any laws the long dead or retired traitors imposed on us, and see that it never happens again.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Swanfilters because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

The problem with rewriting the treaties without conferring with all signatories is if we choose further integration it will be under rules we have not agreed too.. which seems utterly stupid and short sighted to me and demonstrates how deeply our leadership is failing us.

If treaties are to be rewritten that will have to be done by the agreement of all parties and Cameron has made it clear what price he will want for any changes.

What you appear to be suggesting is a referendum on membership full stop which is a different issue than the OP raised and we could be here for a year or two arguing about that one

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swanfilters
We should rectify what has happened, scrap any laws the long dead or retired traitors imposed on us, and see that it never happens again.

It's a valid point of view, (as long as you try to avoid using foolish expressions like "traitors"), just happens to be one I disagree with.

Doesn't detract from the fact that the claims in your original post were nonsense. (Sorry, it wasn't your original post was it).
edit on 7-9-2011 by timeless test because: to add apology

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swanfilters
We should rectify what has happened, scrap any laws the long dead or retired traitors imposed on us, and see that it never happens again.

It's a valid point of view, (as long as you try to avoid using foolish expressions like "traitors"), just happens to be one I disagree with.

Doesn't detract from the fact that the claims in your original post were nonsense.

The act of subverting the power of parliament through allowing foreign bodies and foreign parliaments to control legal matters in the UK is TREASON. Those who allowed these crimes to take place are TRAITORS. You are a nonsense.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

If treaties are to be rewritten that will have to be done by the agreement of all parties and Cameron has made it clear what price he will want for any changes.

What you appear to be suggesting is a referendum on membership full stop which is a different issue than the OP raised and we could be here for a year or two arguing about that one

Why not have a referendum whether we stay or go or not?

Initially we agreed to what basically was a trade agreement.

Then, as thoughtfull said, they changed the goal post. They were given an inch but it did not take them long to take a couple of thousand square miles!

Now they rule our courts and can over rule our soveriegn parliament rulings!

We certainly did not vote for that!

We need to get those goal posts back to their original positions, but our illustrious leader has indicated further intigration. The fact that he uses terms of "negotioation" means that he does not have a soveriegn voice or is just a tool word to placate those who do not speak politiconese..

He is not fooling me one bit.

You may call me an alarmist as much as you like but the writing is on the wall, or more accurately a lisbon treaty 2.0 ...

Remember when he said that we would not contribute £1 to a bailout not of long after the election? Then came back with his tail between his legs after "negotiations" that made us stump up £6bn?

Negotiate away camoron

Our country, a bit at a time.

Smoke and mirrors
edit on 7-9-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I agree, or maybe an "anglosphere" cultural alliance with the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

I feel we have more in common than with the French and Germans.

(No offence French and German people)

I'd be more comfortable with that then what "they" have in mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join