It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why Eurozone should become should become United States of Europe, by David Cameron

page: 2
11
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nake13
reply to post by EvanB
 


Whatever the reasons,this cannot be allowed to come to pass without a referendum.


A referendum? If this goes ahead, it will be a declaration of war.




posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
reply to post by EvanB
 


How do you personaly experience sovereignty on a day to day basis or if at all?

And what Institutions we would loose, and why is it a bad thing we loose them?


The English language, Church of England, NHS, justice system, retirement system, benefit system, our currency.



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB
 


If you dont mind answering my questions please.

See the thing is mate, they could be sitting on the moon or just down the road, for all it matters not. These people in power, regardless of where they are from, be it Britain or otherwise, do not care about you or your nationalism.

And 1500 years of tradition?, lol what?, tradition of what?, being a population of serfs for land barons and tyrant kings and queens?, lol.



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swanfilters

Originally posted by nake13
reply to post by EvanB
 


Whatever the reasons,this cannot be allowed to come to pass without a referendum.


A referendum? If this goes ahead, it will be a declaration of war.


Exactly right,another kick in the teeth for the British people.



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by John0Doe
 


Are we not in the EU?

Oks all those stupid laws, regulations etc coming from the EU must have been a bad nightmare. Someone wake me up!



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks

Originally posted by Johnze
reply to post by EvanB
 


How do you personaly experience sovereignty on a day to day basis or if at all?

And what Institutions we would loose, and why is it a bad thing we loose them?


The English language, Church of England, NHS, justice system, retirement system, benefit system, our currency.


English will be the predominate language, why would you loose the Church of England?, the retirement system is flawed and more or less moribund as is the crumbling NHS and incorporating more nations justice systems is a good thing, makes things more liberal.

Currency, yip, thats about it really, which is a legitimate concern.



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnze
 


It is people who are Liberalists who have brought the UK to the brink as it is. The UK has lost its Sovereignty as a result off Liberalists who want to be closer linked to the EU. It should not be allowed to happen. I will not be ruled by another country, whom we defeated in WW2.

As Historians have said before. Germany might have lost the war, but they will still rule Europe through peaceful means. How true were those statements.
edit on 7-9-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB



My personal preference is to put some distance between us and both the US and EU and rejoin with our Commonwealth nations.. which contain some of the poorest nations in the world.. helping them attain a better standard of living create jobs while giving this nation back some self respect
reply to post by thoughtsfull
 


I agree, or maybe an "anglosphere" cultural alliance with the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

I feel we have more in common than with the French and Germans.

(No offence French and German people)


I mean no disrespect to any of them.. but I do feel we need to put distance between us and both the US and EU so we can regain our own direction and know we are not being a lapdog to either..

The sad truth as I see it is that we are being squeezed by both and as we lack the leadership to stand for Britain we are torn in multiple directions that lends some truth to the expression.. perfidious Albion

Only with breathing space and a bit of self reflection as to what we want can we move forward.



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
reply to post by EvanB
 


If you dont mind answering my questions please.

See the thing is mate, they could be sitting on the moon or just down the road, for all it matters not. These people in power, regardless of where they are from, be it Britain or otherwise, do not care about you or your nationalism.

And 1500 years of tradition?, lol what?, tradition of what?, being a population of serfs for land barons and tyrant kings and queens?, lol.


You make me sick to my stomach. 383,800 men died fighting for the survival of our nation in WW2. You traitor, you should be hanged.



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Swanfilters
 


Threatening to murder people because they do not share the same feelings of ultra nationalism as yourself comes across as just a bit unstable to be honest.

Oh and what about the death rate from the colonies?, or do brown people not count?
edit on 7-9-2011 by Johnze because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
For the sake of clarity it should be pointed out that, despite the inflammatory headlines, Cameron never used the phrase “United Sates of Europe” yesterday,and there is not the slightest chance of such a thing being created, (by that or any other name), in the foreseeable future let alone the UK being a part of it.

The discussion yesterday centred on the perceived need for members of the Eurozone, (which DOES NOT include the UK), to more closely align economic policy in order to stabilise the currency. Cameron was asked by Bill Cash, (the most strident of anti EU MPs), why there would not be a UK referendum on any such proposals and Cameron replied that as we were not members of the Eurozone and had no prospect of becoming a member any such negotiations or agreement would not have any direct effect on us. In fact the only effect it would have would be very positive as our economy would undoubtedly benefit from more stable economies and currency in the Eurozone.

To suggest that Cameron is about to do anything to more closely integrate UK into the EU is utterly false, and in fact he made it clear that UK approval with any future treaties would be used as a negotiating point to repatriate powers from the EU.

Moral of the story? If you want unbiased and meaningful reporting of anything to do with the UK’s relationship with the EU try reading something, (pretty much anything), other that the notoriously xenophobic and unreliable Daily Mail.



edit on 7-9-2011 by timeless test because: to correct mistype



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnze
 


He did not threaten to murder anyone, nor has the UK Threatened to murder anyone. So stop making false accusations please thank you. And stop trying to derail the thread.

Stay on topic.



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
reply to post by Swanfilters
 


Threatening to murder people because they do not share the same feelings of ultra nationalism as yourself comes across as just a bit unstable to be honest.


I'm not threatening murder, treason still carries the death penalty.



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem
 


And its moronic sentiments about "the war" that hold nations back from realising true global potentials from shared sovereignty. Its alright you know, "The Hun" as you may like to call them are not on our shores, despite what you may have learned from Dads Army



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
British: adjective.
To whine non stop about taxes and wanting everything for free when infact they have some of the lowest taxes in Europe, blaming everything on Europe when everything is their own government's fault. Crying about tyranny around Europe when Britain is the biggest tyrranical government in Europe. Crying about wasting money in Europe, when the UK spent 1 billion dollars on chinooks not Europe, crying about big brother in Europe when the UK has the biggest survelence system in the world. Whine about cars being overpriced for the UK when infact they have to have their cars made special in order to be driven on the wrong side of the road.


edit on 7-9-2011 by Anonymouth because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem
 






You traitor, you should be hanged


Sounds like threatning murder to me!,



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Swanfilters
 


Not in the UK It does not. That was banned years ago by the Labour Government.in 1988. So no treason does not lead to the death penalty anymore in the UK.


On 20 May 1998 the House of Commons voted to ratify the 6th Protocol of the European Convention on Human Rights prohibiting capital punishment except "in time of war or imminent threat of war." The last remaining provisions for the death penalty under military jurisdiction (including in wartime) were removed when section 21(5) of the Human Rights Act 1998 came into force on 9 November 1998. On 10 October 2003, effective from 1 February 2004,[20] the UK acceded to the 13th Protocol, which prohibits the death penalty under all circumstances,[21] so that the UK may no longer legislate to restore the death penalty while it is subject to the Convention. It can only now restore it if it withdraws from the Council of Europe.


Wikipedia



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
reply to post by AnonymousFem
 


And its moronic sentiments about "the war" that hold nations back from realising true global potentials from shared sovereignty. Its alright you know, "The Hun" as you may like to call them are not on our shores, despite what you may have learned from Dads Army


And it's morons like you who will allow Germany to have it's ultimate dream come true. They never gave up that goal. Never forgive, never forget, and never trust the Germans ever.


Originally posted by AnonymousFem
reply to post by Swanfilters
 


Not in the UK It does not. That was banned years ago by the Labour Government.in 1988. So no treason does not lead to the death penalty anymore in the UK.


On 20 May 1998 the House of Commons voted to ratify the 6th Protocol of the European Convention on Human Rights prohibiting capital punishment except "in time of war or imminent threat of war." The last remaining provisions for the death penalty under military jurisdiction (including in wartime) were removed when section 21(5) of the Human Rights Act 1998 came into force on 9 November 1998. On 10 October 2003, effective from 1 February 2004,[20] the UK acceded to the 13th Protocol, which prohibits the death penalty under all circumstances,[21] so that the UK may no longer legislate to restore the death penalty while it is subject to the Convention. It can only now restore it if it withdraws from the Council of Europe.


Wikipedia


In which case I stand corrected.


Originally posted by Johnze
reply to post by AnonymousFem
 

Sounds like threatning murder to me!,


I don't give a toss what it sounds like to you, I know I wasn't threatening murder so your opinions are moot really.

edit on 7-9-2011 by Swanfilters because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
reply to post by Swanfilters
 


Threatening to murder people because they do not share the same feelings of ultra nationalism as yourself comes across as just a bit unstable to be honest.

Oh and what about the death rate from the colonies?, or do brown people not count?
edit on 7-9-2011 by Johnze because: (no reason given)


So 80% of the country need to yield to the 15% that want this lest we get called nationalists, little englanders, xenophobes et al?

I think not.

There is nothing wrong with loving your country. Its my birthright and inheritance, and try taking it from me at your peril!

As I said, if the majority voted yes for it then I would have to yield to the democratic process, but we are getting no vote, no referendum.

That is not democracy

That is a dictatorship



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Swanfilters
 


All i can offer to you is mate, maybe you should dust off those binoculars and head off to the coast, maybe you'll spot some Luftwaffe heading straight for ole' blighty what!




top topics



 
11
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join