It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Eurozone should become should become United States of Europe, by David Cameron

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Why Eurozone should become should become United States of Europe, by David Cameron

www.dailymail.co.uk

David Cameron was branded an EU ‘enthusiast’ by Tory Eurosceptics last night as he said Britain must let eurozone countries move towards a United States of Europe with a common economic policy. Europe with a common economic policy. The Prime Minister admitted he and other countries had the political will to prevent a break-up of the single currency, but insisted they must be allowed to try – even if that meant closer integration. f that meant closer integration The tu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Well well well Mr Cameron

Now do we, the British people get a vote on this or are you going to steam roller us into a federal europe?

It seems this is going to happen whether we like it or not.

Over 80% of the British people actually want out of the EU altogether, however the politicos will not give us a referendum because they know what the answer would be and it would end their gravy train.

I want a referendum. I do not want to be in the EU but want to keep the trade aspect. I do not believe the scare stories that the talking heads propergate on the dangers of us leaving. They need us as much as we need them.

Signing us up to a federal superstate without our permission is an un paralelled act of treason akin to, no much worse than, gordan browns great gold bullion robbery.

If on a referendum the country votes to join then thats ok, but if they rail road us then they should all be burnt at the stake!

www.dailymail.co.uk
edit on 7-9-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Well if anything goes by the Irish Vote Remember the voted NO. And were ignored by the Political Elite in Europe, and were railroaded in to accepting the Treaty. It does not surprise me that another British Government would rail road us all in to a United Stated of Europe, without giving us a say on the matter. They know we would say NO.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Meh, dont see what the downside is, lets be honest, we get shafted as it is just being British.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Nah, the UK population should be given more choice by being allowed to complete more referendums (referendea?).

This is one sure way of giving back some of the power to the people.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I'm curious as to what the official language will be.

Has he even thought this through?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
half of europe lives in uk and sponges benefits already

, and nearly all our policys are dictated to us from eu anyway.

only a matter of time before we all have to give in to an NWO and one world currency.

link   
This has been progressing now for many many years. The french and germans have already outlined plans for it and want to bring it in. A month back i heard it on the news, only a small snip-it though, saying that because of the european market worries, the french and german governments want one single point as where the euro economy is managed. No supprise realy, the french and germans will be all nice and cushty as they rob all the other countries in europe.

link   
I think a referendum would be good so we can get off the fence once and for all... tho a "little englander" as some put it (a badge I wear with pride) I do honestly believe in the will of the people and if the people decide to go headlong into the EU then well I would accept that.

The part I have grave issues with is the fence sitting as all we are left with is a kind of limbo and we the people end up paying for neither being in or out.. while having no real effect on policy when if we where in the EU we could could be a force for good.. and we are neither out of the EU so we can't fully focus on our own interests and those nations we decide to work with.

My personal preference is to put some distance between us and both the US and EU and rejoin with our Commonwealth nations.. which contain some of the poorest nations in the world.. helping them attain a better standard of living would be helping us without the need to steal their wealth and in turn would help create jobs while giving this nation back some self respect.

but then that relies on the top echolen of our establishment not being greedy self serving crooks and scumbags.. oh well... back to fence sitting..

BTW.. it appears to me Liberal Vince Cable is far more Eurosceptic than Tory Cameron..

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
reply to post by EvanB

Well if anything goes by the Irish Vote Remember the voted NO. And were ignored by the Political Elite in Europe, and were railroaded in to accepting the Treaty. It does not surprise me that another British Government would rail road us all in to a United Stated of Europe, without giving us a say on the matter. They know we would say NO.

We need to do something about this before its too late.

The 3 main parties are all in it together it seems. They all need to be replaced.

If the will of the people was for this, then I would have to accept the majorities decision but the majority do not.

I really do think that time is of the essence and if we do not act now we will railroaded into it.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

And whats the major downside of it?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

My personal preference is to put some distance between us and both the US and EU and rejoin with our Commonwealth nations.. which contain some of the poorest nations in the world.. helping them attain a better standard of living create jobs while giving this nation back some self respect
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I agree, or maybe an "anglosphere" cultural alliance with the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

I feel we have more in common than with the French and Germans.

(No offence French and German people)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
screw that!! i don't want the EU head leaders to make decisions for my country.

i hope Ireland goes back out on it own to be an individual country like we were before we joined the EU.
even if that means no help from any other country and go back to the olden days of simple life, where agriculture was a main sector in out economy. i think the happy simple life of the irish has deminished to nearly an extinct level because of us joining the eu and all the money we got from them, the average person here needs every little gadget to survive now.

money corrupts.
edit on 7/9/11 by scoobyrob because: spl

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Now do we, the British people get a vote on this or are you going to steam roller us into a federal europe?

Over 80% of the British people actually want out of the EU altogether, however the politicos will not give us a referendum because they know what the answer would be and it would end their gravy train.

I want a referendum. I do not want to be in the EU but want to keep the trade aspect. I do not believe the scare stories that the talking heads propergate on the dangers of us leaving. They need us as much as we need them.

Signing us up to a federal superstate without our permission is an un paralelled act of treason akin to, no much worse than, gordan browns great gold bullion robbery.

If on a referendum the country votes to join then thats ok, but if they rail road us then they should all be burnt at the stake!

www.dailymail.co.uk

GB is NOT in EU...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
reply to post by EvanB

And whats the major downside of it?

The loss of our institutions and soverignty for a start.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by John0Doe

Originally posted by EvanB

www.dailymail.co.uk

GB is NOT in EU...

Yes we are, but not the euro currency.

If we was not in the EU then why can EU courts over-rule ours?

What about the Lisbon treaty

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

How do you personaly experience sovereignty on a day to day basis or if at all?

And what Institutions we would loose, and why is it a bad thing we loose them?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

reply to post by EvanB

So you are happy to lose 1500 years of tradition at the stroke of a pen? Or does faceless people in another country making laws and decisions for your life make you feel good?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

reply to post by EvanB

You are a traitor, and David CaMoron is about to commit high treason.

I have hope that the people of England will revolt against this disgusting idea. Who wants to help with rebuilding the Tyburn tree?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

So Mr Cameron finally reveals his hand! This is exactly the scenario that Hitler wanted for europe had the Nazis been victorious in WW2.

The question is why would a party who in the past have been, at the very least,highly euro sceptic suddenly perform a 180? surely the nation who would gain the most benefit from a "US of E" would be Germany,unless of course Cameron knows different? any nation who would wish to follow this path must surely ensure that they have both a strong manufacturing base and a federal banking system that can ensure that interest/exchange rates favour the export of such goods to fellow member states.

Germany can tick those boxes,British manufacturing capability has been destroyed by previous Tory administrations,we do control our own currency,but would the rest of the member nations of a US of E not band together to "freeze out" a nation not adopting the Euro?unless of course,that's part of Cameron's plan also.

Whatever the reasons,this cannot be allowed to come to pass without a referendum.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join