It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House shows just how hypocritical they can be - No comment on Hoffa rhetoric

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Jay Carney: Of course he did.

Jake Tapper: Then, where do the comments by the Teamsters president fit in with that?

Jay Carney: First of all, those weren’t comments by the President. Secondly, as I think it’s been reported…

Jake Tapper: …comments by a union leader, at an event that President Obama spoke at…

Jay Carney: I understand that there is a ritual in Washington that, you know, somebody says something, and you link the associations, and then everybody who has an association with him or her has to avow or disavow.
The President wasn’t there, he wasn’t on the stage, he didn’t speak for another twenty minutes, he didn’t hear it. I really don’t have any comment beyond that.

Jake Tapper: Okay, well, some of us covered the campaign, and recall a time when somebody made some harsh comments about then-Senator Obama during the introduction at a McCain rally, and the Obama campaign was offended, and expected an apology, Senator McCain came out and did so.

Jay Carney: Mr. Hoffa speaks for himself, he speaks for the labor movement, AFL-CIO. The President speaks for himself, I speak for the President. What the President was glad to do yesterday was the opportunity to present his views on the importance of working Americans, and on the importance of taking measures to help working Americans, to create jobs and grow the economy.

Jake Tapper: So the precedent you’re setting right now for the 2012 election is, the Republican candidates are the ones to pay attention to. Those who introduce them at rallies, their surrogates, we don’t have to pay attention to anything that they say.

Jay Carney: Jake, I think I’ve said what I can say…

Jake Tapper: Is that the standard now?

Jay Carney: (inaudible)

Jake Tapper: I’d rather not have to do this Washington kabuki every time something happens, but if that’s the standard, if that’s the standard…

Jay Carney: The standard is we should focus on the actions we can take to grow the economy and create jobs, instead of focusing on kabuki theater.

Fred Lucas: Does the President find the comments appropriate?

Jay Carney: Can we move on?

I love that Tapper brings up the seemingly different standards that Republicans are held to. The rules seem to bend and shift as the Democrat party and MSM see fit.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Gannicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Gannicus

Because of what Hoffa said, I now swat tiny kittens with a spatula.

It's not my fault. It's his.

(gee, blaming harmful actions on what others say is fun! Guess conservatives can rob banks now.
)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
What is there to comment on?

Really?

If Hoffa said "we need to use second amendment remedies on Tea Party members!!!"

then I would think this FOX induced pity party was worth it...

Otherwise, it is a union wanna-be Guido, firing up his crowd.

Did this really make peoples butt hurt before FOX spun it in such light?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

What was there to comment on when Obama and his minions went after Republicans for their allegedly "uncivil rhetoric"? Why did the Obama administration demand an apology from Mccain for something someone in his campaign said, but now suddenly its "no comment"?

Did this really make peoples butt hurt before FOX spun it in such light?

Why are you ignoring the really good point brought up by Tapper with typical left wing deflections?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
They want the unions and the union leaders in their back pockets....to naturally get all their votes.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gannicus

Originally posted by Janky Red

What was there to comment on when Obama and his minions went after Republicans for their allegedly "uncivil rhetoric"? Why did the Obama administration demand an apology from Mccain for something someone in his campaign said, but now suddenly its "no comment"?

You would need to reference that instance, what was said? I recall second amendment remedies
BEING REPEATED... If Hoffa, or anyone starts saying, "MAYBE SOME PEOPLE IN THIS CROWD
SHOULD CONSIDER, TAKING OUT SOME TARGET PRACTICE TIME ON SOME OF THESE
TEA PARTY GUNBAS..." Then my ears will perk up... So far that is not the case

Why are you ignoring the really good point brought up by Tapper with typical left wing deflections?

Because I think his points are red meat, a way to advance the idea that the GOPEA party are constantly
being victimized by typical left wing (insert offense here) -

I bring up FOX because I managed to see them discussing this same thing, in the same terms.

Carrying around a prefabricated argument devised on the NATIONS LARGEST "news" station
is suspect to me.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky RedYou would need to reference that instance, what was said? I recall second amendment remedies
BEING REPEATED... If Hoffa, or anyone starts saying, "MAYBE SOME PEOPLE IN THIS CROWD
SHOULD CONSIDER, TAKING OUT SOME TARGET PRACTICE TIME ON SOME OF THESE
TEA PARTY GUNBAS..." Then my ears will perk up... So far that is not the case

LOL! "Its different when we do it!"

[

Face it, you're rationalizing it away because you're a Democrat and feel the need to defend your team.

Because I think his points are red meat, a way to advance the idea that the GOPEA party are constantly
being victimized by typical left wing (insert offense here)

You cant refute it, so explain it away as "read meat". Well, your problem is that its well documented that Democrats and Obama took a very different position just a year or so ago. It's another example of the media and Democrats shaping the standards to suit themselves.

Obama did demand McCain apologize for a comment someone on his campaign made, but now have changed the rules and are claiming it doesnt matter what someone close to your administration says. Tapper brilliantly then asked, "does that mean the standards have changed again"?

I bring up FOX because I managed to see them discussing this same thing, in the same terms.

Funny, you seem to be dismissing it in the exact same way ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, PBS and NPR does.

Carrying around a prefabricated argument devised on the NATIONS LARGEST "news" station
is suspect to me.

I don't watch Fox, so it has nothing at all to do with anything they said. I think maybe you're just dismissing the story, because the Democrat media hasn't told you to be outraged. I'm sure if they were manufacturing anger, you would have made this thread.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Carney is ready to crack. My money is still on him leaving his post by the end of September. No apparent comment on Biden's statements either... No accountability for anyone even remotely connected to this administration and its party affiliation. Just a few more feet until they reach the 6 foot mark in digging there own grave... The double standard is mind altering and people are tired of hearing it.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Fox of course edited part of the quote

HOFFA: (EDITED OUT) Everybody here's got to vote. If we go back and keep the eye on the prize, (EDITED OUT)

let's take these son of a bitches out and give America back to America where we belong! Thank you very much!

I good with that.

//Tired of being polite and treating the Tea Party as if they were the people in the conversation that can't quite keep up

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The thing is that conservatives are showing their hypocrisy also...because they thought all other occurences like this when things are said by republicans don't require an apology. But now that a liberal says something...they get all sensative.

Well guess what conservatives...tough cookies. You wanted this...now you got it. I'm sick of liberals and dems not standing up to idiots...so I am fine with this.

So yes...screw you Tea Party, go to hell...and we will take you SOBs out.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
Fox of course edited part of the quote

HOFFA: (EDITED OUT) Everybody here's got to vote. If we go back and keep the eye on the prize, (EDITED OUT)

let's take these son of a bitches out and give America back to America where we belong! Thank you very much!

I good with that.

Look man, I understand the imagery and context. Just like I understood the imagery and context of comments from Republicans that drove this forum, The Democrat party and mass media nuts for YEARS

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I'm pretty sure Obama's middle name is Hussein, no?

Barack Hussein Obama II

WIKI

Yet McCain still felt the need to apologize several times simply because a speaker at his event dared use the President's middle name.

McCain apologized three separate times for Cunningham’s remarks. He said he takes "responsibility" for him being here but says he has no idea who chose him and says he doesn’t know him and didn’t hear the comments when they were uttered but was told about them before he came on stage.

“We appreciate Senator McCain’s remarks. It is a sign that if there is a McCain-Obama general election, it can be intensely competitive but the candidates will attempt to keep it respectful and focused on issues,” Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton said in an emailed response to reporters today.

His swift reaction was a bit of an evolution for the candidate, who several times this campaign, has had to watch not only his own mouth, but the mouths of those around him.

abc news

Those are the facts, and the words taken right from the Obama campaign.

However good little trolls rarely let the facts get in the way of their ideology.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gannicus

Jimmy Hoffa was a ADULT giving a speech to other ADULTS about people who are out to destroy those same ADULTS livelihoods.

I am sure you thought it was cool when Cheney told that Journalist "Go # Yourself'' on the floor of congress.

I am also sure you thought it was cool when Whack Job Wilson yelled "You Lie!" to the President of the United States when he was addressing Congress.

And I am sure you thought it was 'Just Great' when a black man had to step down... from his job as a GOP official in Arizona due to threats from TEA BAGGERS:

Miller, 43, told HuffPost he decided to resign after his wife expressed concern for their safety. Miller had been the target of heavy criticism from Arizona Tea Partyers, in part because he worked on Sen. John McCain's campaign last fall. (The Tea Partyers favored McCain's opponent, J.D. Hayworth.)

But the attacks also took on a racial hue. One critic referred to him derogatorily as "McCain's 'Boy'," Miller said. Other language was even less ambiguous. At an event in Lake Havasu City, Ariz., someone called out, "There's Anthony, get a rope."

Your people are Lunatics. Hoffa is absolutely right to call the bastards out. It's about time someone did.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gannicus
It's another example of the media and Democrats shaping the standards to suit themselves.

I don't watch Fox, so it has nothing at all to do with anything they said. I think maybe you're just dismissing the story, because the Democrat media hasn't told you to be outraged. I'm sure if they were manufacturing anger, you would have made this thread.

I cannot say much about shaping the standards though the GOP helped spend 14 trillion dollars and didn't
bother to complain about until they could spend any more. Shaping standards huh?

I don't think Hoffa's comment was that bad... it was rhetorical in nature, I have said much worse things
here on ATS.

Look here

THE TEA PARTY CAN GO STRAIGHT TO HELL!

See?

I suggest y'all untangle the panties and move on

top topics

join