It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Union: Obama should attack 'unpatriotic' Apple

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
From the article:
Hoffa also suggested a tax incentive to get companies "off the sidelines, get into the game and start spending some of that money here in America and put America back to work."

The problem with the union pushing the President to dangle a carrot to companies is that they also have Obama carrying a huge stick in the form of his National Labor Relations Board, which has sued Boeing to close a non-union factory that the airplane manufacturer built in the right-to-work state of South Carolina.

campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com...

Does this guy not get it? Look at Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and many other Union towns that are currently on their knees and well on their way to falling flat on their face.

I know Pittsburgh has been the most successful at turning things around, but they aren’t out of the woods yet.

The Unions must change with the times. Many Companies can no longer afford them. Unions are pricing themselves out of a job.

I am not anti-union by no means, but those union folk out there, please change your leadership.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Perhaps Hoffa and Obama should go after Ford. They just announced plans to build a new plant in China.

Taking advantage of the economic boom in China, as well as of the increased appeal of the local consumers for American vehicles, car manufacturer Ford announced today its decision to begin the build on its second facility in the country.

The new engine plant, Ford's second in China, will be built by the carmaker's local join venture, Changan Ford Mazda Automobile (CFMA) in collaboration with the Chongqing Municipal Government.

The facility will be erected in Chongqing, using the $500 million (RMB 3.4 billion) provided by CFMA. The plant will be located in Chongqing's New North Zone and will become operational in 2013.

Currently, Ford manufactures 350,000 engines annually in China. The extra 400,000 units which will come off the lines of the facility will more than double that capacity.

Then perhaps they can go after our nation's job czar Immelt and his efforts to relocate certain operations to China as well...

Someone please make the craziness stop...

www.autoevolution.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I think I heard the cost difference in building Apple's I-phone in China for a couple hundred dollars versus what the union would cost here in the U.S., I think I heard $7,000. It may have been from Rush or Hannity. They play excerpts from them on my local morning radio.
Hoffa should be attacking the government for it's over regulation and high corporate tax policies,NAFTA and CAFTA which sent these jobs out of the U.S. to begin with.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Incessant legislation, stifling of enterprise, burdening 'security', oncosts that prevent employment, and growing taxation are all ways to slow down and trash an economy. WTH happened to the world's most vibrant economy, the manufacturing base that in WWII and post war could turn out thousands upon thousands of ships, aircraft, railroad locomotives, and road vehicles, that were the envy of the world?

I'm talking about the United States of America, land of the free, where enterprise reigned, communism was despised, and success was applauded. Wake up America and smell the coffee. In order to win manufacturing work in a free global market the USA has to compete.

Apple is one of the world's most successfull and innovative companies, it may use cheap Chinese labour, but it is American. Its world wide success is because their products are market leading, desireable, affordable, work well, and are a result of American business acumen and inventiveness. Any "attack" on Apple would be dumb and would help their competitors in the Far East. Instead be proud of Apple.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It leads the market because it turns people into mindless drones who dont mind paying for something they dont want because its shiny.

Apple is only market leading in the fact its the #1 company at turning people into fanbois who just have to have the latest gadget, even if it doesnt work properly.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Fact: Obama is for free trade.

Fact: Every single Republican candidate, including Ron Paul, is for free trade.

What does that mean?

the economy will remain in the gutter for at least the next 4 years with the only new job creation being low paying or minimum wage jobs with little to no benefits. Good paying jobs will continue to be outsourced the next 4 years...unless for some insane reasons corporations start to become loyal to their own country.
edit on 7-9-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join