It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Short Sighted Muslims .....mistake Saturn for the Moon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Just thought this was interesting and bizzare...enjoy .

muslimvillage.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
why are we humans corrupted ?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Not sure if its only me who has read the link,?

Imagine if Venus is mistook for the rising Sun?
It is the most bizzare thing I have read for at least ten minutes.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

What?!?

Saturn is dimmer than some stars. WTF?

Unless they saw Nibiru?

Joking.

edit on 7-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I suspect this is total disinformation coming out of Tehran, there is nothing at all about this in the Saudi News. If this story was true it would be being discussed across the entire Islamic World, it's not. I checked with some Islamic work colleagues and they know nothing of the story, but when they saw that the news originated out of Iran they became very skeptical very quickly.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Rob37n

Every year at Ramadan, Muslim communities around the world quarrel with one another about whether or not the new moon of Eid has been sighted. With so many rival sects and authorities, and so many rumbling tummies waiting eagerly for the sighting, things tend to get a bit frantic.

Mistaking Saturn for the new moon. Impossible, I should say, however short-sighted (and hungry) you are.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rob37n

The link itself comes from an Australian Muslim Friendly site called the Muslim Village,are you saying some muslims are deliberately portraying other Muslims as ignorant
What has Tehran got to do with it ?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Read where the story comes from, it came from Iran originally. Look at Saudi news websites, there is nothing there. Iran is mainly Shia, and Saudi Sunni, and yes one side would attack the other side over something like this to make the others look bad.

That's not taking any racist or anti-Islamic stance, that's what my Islamic colleagues patiently explained to me over the course of the day at work.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Rob37n

Oh ...I see...sort of like the Irish Jokes of the past?

So the Muslim village must be a S'hite site?

Mmm ...or are the Saudis just covering the bugger up , to protect their Astronomers reputation?

Or is it a coded story? mmm

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Got up early this morning ...admittedly saturn is bright, but it is not a sliver of a moon.

Are the Saudi astronomers losing their skills?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Not astronomers. A committee of mullahs who climb the highest mountain or minaret in the country and wait for the Moon to rise.

According to Crescentwatch, there were a lot of disagreements about the timing this year.

top topics

join