It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Admits Bird Flu Jumped to Pigs, WHO Claims World Closer to Pandemic (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The World Health Organization has claimed that the world is one step closer to a human flu pandemic after the H5N1 "bird flu" virus was found to have infected pigs last year.

story.news.yahoo.com
PENANG, Malaysia (AFP) - The discovery of a lethal strain of bird flu in Chinese pigs has taken the world closer to a human flu pandemic but there is no need to panic yet, the World Health Organisation said.

Speaking to AFP after the Chinese government admitted Monday that the H5N1 virus was found in pigs last year, Omi said: "We would like to know how widespread it is and how this infection took place.

The ramifications of infection among pigs could be extremely grave, as researchers fear it might be the first step of a mutation of the virus into a form that could spread more easily to humans.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think the article speaks for itself. What can you say?

Related News Links:
www.who.int
www.cdc.gov
news.bbc.co.uk

[edit on 23-8-2004 by koji_K]

[edit on 23-8-2004 by koji_K]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I wonder what is going on in China that country is having some problems with all kind of sickness coming from animals, I wonder if they are doing some kind of experiments and they are getting out of hand.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I wonder what is going on in China that country is having some problems with all kind of sickness coming from animals, I wonder if they are doing some kind of experiments and they are getting out of hand.

Right now the most lethal versions of H5N1 are in Vietnam and Thailand. China has its share, but the major endemic populations causing the most problems are in Vietnam and Thailand

www.recombinomics.com...

The viruses evolve naturally

www.recombinomics.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Maybe if we grabbed some of the pigs and dosed them with Marburg Disease we could create a whole new class of flu, I bet the Pentagon would pay a fortune for it!

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
because pigs are too intelligent, in the first place, to be used as a sacrifice for human food--

now that they are infected with "bird flu"--

NOW'S A REALLY GOOD TIME NOT TO EAT ANY PORK.

--And just watch the Feds squeal.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
You'll only hear more and more of this scaremongering as time goes on. Bird flu! Pig flu! Blah Blah River Fever! Teenage Mutant Ninja Fever! Quick, everyone report to your local hospital for vaccination! Vaccinate your children.

Here's a tip: Don't get vaccinated. Do some research into free Hep B vaccinations for the Manhattan gay community in the late 70's and the resulting explosion of the AIDS virus from the same epicentre. Have a look here and here.

The CDC makes 'em and the WHO sells 'em. You have been warned.

[edit on 2004/11/20 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
... and I've thrown my prescriptions into the trash can, too.

... The medical profession is not working from pure motives these days.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The problem with H5N1 in swine is very widespread. H5N1 seqeunces from Fujian and Shandong Provinces have been deposited at GenBank

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

but the problem is more widespread. The virus recombines

www.recombinomics.com...

and pieces of genes related to the swine isolates can be found in H5N1 and H9N2 isolates throughout China.

The virus is clearly many steps ahead of investigators and is preparing for a full scale attack (possibly this year)

www.recombinomics.com...

top topics

join