It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How are prices at your local fruit/veggie stand?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I'd like to remind people that this is an international forum and we don't all have fruit/vegetable stands.
That said - everything is normal in my local shops (sorry, can't do 'stands'). Apart from the massive rise in dairy - milk, butter, cheese... Oh and ground coffee.
edit on 7-9-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Whoa! That tomato looks like a large boxing glove! What did you feed it, straight sugar water?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

no pesticides, chemicals, fertilizers or even miracle-gro

just water and a good 3-4 inch layer of mushroom soil, as both a mulch to keep the weeds at bay & a natural fertilizer of sorts every time it rained or we watered. we had several that were quite larger. 2+#'rs

secret:
go fishing for fertilizers prior to planting

edit on 9/7/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

I'd like to remind people that this is an international forum and we don't all have fruit/vegetable stands.
That said - everything is normal in my local shops (sorry, can't do 'stands'). Apart from the massive rise in dairy - milk, butter, cheese... Oh and ground coffee.

Really? Are you saying you don't have veggie stands? Do you know what we mean by veggie stands? It's just an outdoor market, as simple a a truck pulled over by the side of the road or a barn set up with tables to hold fruits and veggies.

I thought everybody had veggie stands. They certainly weren't invented in America.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

At our local Farmers market my GF has a stand where she sells asparagus and raspberries. Under cultivation at my house she has 3/4 of an acre in the above mentioned crops [raised beds, automatic drip system, self sustaining] We barter for other fruits and vegetables as well as other food such as meat and fish and still make a nice additional income from that 3/4 acre. We also supply restaurants with fresh asparagus and raspberries.

Hippie Entrepreneurs ROCK!

Even at our local Farmers Market; produce is sky high. Very upscale yuppie village. We have string quartets and jazz combos play for the shoppers at our growers market.

edit on 7-9-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

If you have farmers with pick up trucks, you have vegetable stands. Every saturday morning in our town, the farmers drive to city hall and park in the lot. Then we the people go from truck to truck and buy the goodies. Sometimes some farmers set up a table, and sometimes not.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Magantice because: crappy typing

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join