It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Research on Solar System Brown Dwarf and Planet X.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
This other article has more information, and there is one part I wanted to point out.

ESA sees stardust storms heading for Solar System

PRESS RELEASE
Date Released: Monday, August 18, 2003
Source: Artemis Society

Until ten years ago, most astronomers did not believe stardust could enter our Solar System. Then ESA's Ulysses spaceprobe discovered minute stardust particles leaking through the Sun's magnetic shield, into the realm of Earth and the other planets. Now, the same spaceprobe has shown that a flood of dusty particles is heading our way.
What is surprising in this new Ulysses discovery is that the amount of stardust has continued to increase even after the solar activity calmed down and the magnetic field resumed its ordered shape in 2001.

Scientists believe that this is due to the way in which the polarity changed during solar maximum. Instead of reversing completely, flipping north to south, the Sun's magnetic poles have only rotated at halfway and are now more or less lying sideways along the Sun's equator. This weaker configuration of the magnetic shield is letting in two to three times more stardust than at the end of the 1990s. Moreover, this influx could increase by as much as ten times until the end of the current solar cycle in 2012.

www.spaceref.com...

The weaker configuration of the Sun's magnetic field was allowing more interstellar dust to enter the Solar System, but what perplexed astronomers is that even after the magnetic field resumed it's ordered shape, and it strengthened, somehow more interstellar dust has been exponentially increasing.

Back when this was first discovered I conveyed the idea that if more interstellar dust was entering the Solar System, then more charged particles, plasma, gases, and radiation from the interstellar cloud would also find it's way into the Solar System, and this would affect the dynamics of every planet with an atmosphere, and including the Sun.

Since we know that this energy has been transported by the Solar wind, which yes it expells from the Sun in a spiral to the interplanetary magnetic field, but it also brings back energy, radiation, charged particles, plasma and gases from outside the Solar System and more so during times of low solar activity, which in turn affect the atmosphere of planets like Earth. (Think of it similar to throwing a pebble into a pond. When the waves formed by the pebble reach the end of the pond, the wave goes back to the source and forms more waves. It would be something similar to that. but instead of being a wave in the form of a circle it is more like a spiral.)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8fefa0640a62.gif[/atsimg]

The heliospheric current sheet is a three-dimensional form of a Parker spiral that results from the influence of the Sun's rotating magnetic field on the plasma in the interplanetary medium.

en.wikipedia.org...

This in turn is imo clear indication that this increased radiation, charged particles, etc, which have found their way into the Solar System could also be the culprit, or at least part of the reason for the dramatic Climate Changes which every planet and Moon with an atmosphere in the Solar System has been undergoing at the same time Earth has.

Although the Sun also had a say on this since it had been increasing in activity, for whatever reason, in the last 100 years or so, more than at any time in the last 1,000 years.

I don't profess to have all the answers, and could be wrong. I am just searching for the truth as all of you are, and in the process it is my hope that we can learn new things together which could even possibly help us prepare, and adapt for whatever the future holds.

edit on 8-9-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Why do people say it would be difficult to find if it were in our solar system? They've already found brown dwarfs.. 13 million light years.. 18 million.. and even around distant stars.

So they can find all of those brown dwarfs, but people think it's unlikely to find one basically on our solar doorstep? I think if it were in our solar system, someone would have found it.
`

Think of it like this.

When are you able to see more stars in the sky? When you are close to a city, or when you are far away from cities?

The light and infrared signature from our Sun streches much farther away than the light from a city, but just like the light from a city, the Sun can mask and won't let us see stellar objects close to our Sun such as cold brown dwarves.

Also remember the discovery made recently about "Y" type brown dwarves which can have almmost the same infrared signature that a human body has.

They have found, I think it is 13 for now, "Y" type brown dwarves and the NASA article I posted in this thread clearly says they were easier to find because they were away from our Sun, and other stars.

The coldest "Y" type dwarf brown they found has an infrared signature of 80 degrees F.

Something that cold, or near to that temperature would be extremely hard to find even with WISE if it is close to our Sun and part of the Solar System.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheHistorian
Maybe this is in the post and I missed it... by why haven't we been able to detect this objects gravitational tug. We are hunting for planets around distance stars by detecting gravitional wobbles in the star, this makes me believe we should be able to hunt this object down by the same means.

Actually we have detected such anomalies. Which is the reason why many scientists think there must be a brown dwarf, and even possibly at least one more major planet in our Solar System.

You will find part of the information in this thread, although many other members have also found jewels of information which seem to point to such a brown dwarf, and or planet existing.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The question is likely to be settled when the data from WISE is gone over with a fine toothed comb. Whitmire and Matese are certainly expecting that it will prove their Tyche hypothesis.
edit on 9/7/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

They hope it will answer their questions, and those posed by other astronomers, and astrophysicists. However remember that after all we are human, and the answers could unfortunately elude us longer than we would like. Or we might get lucky and we MIGHT find the answers.

It all depends on what type of brown dwarf it would be, how close it is, and it also depends on luck.

It is also very possible that we already have captured one, or many images of the brown dwarf, and/or planet in one or several of the thousands upon thousands of photos we have taken, but it hasn't been seen yet.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
I don't rule it out, but I feel most of these anomalies are better explained by a star that passed close to the solar system within the last could hundred thousand to a couple million years.

But think about it, if it had been caused by a passing star, and that star is gone, eventually Sedna would have closed its highly elongated elliptical orbit joining the Solar system as another Pluto type planetesimal, and the other anomalies would have dissapeared as well, but they haven't. So there must be something still causing these anomalies and keeping Sedna in it's highly elliptical orbit.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

It could be possible that lifeforms we haven't detected yet, or that we know nothing about could exist under such conditions. But it would only be speculation on our part to say either way.

I am open to the possibility, but as far as i know we haven't found evidence of lifeforms existing in a brown dwarf.

They are so far away that the answer to that question unfortunately will take a long time to be found since we don't have the technology yet to detect whether or not there are lifeforms in brown dwarves.

However, these stars do emit a lot of radiation which would be impossible for most, or all the lifeforms we really know about to exist in such environment. But there could be other lifeforms which could have developed under such conditions.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Perhaps your material here can open a few minds beyond the tin foil hat insanity of Nibiru and 2012 to the idea that there is far more to our Galaxy than Humans have even begun to imagine yet. What lies in the Universe beyond is truly something to wonder about with excitement.

I know what you mean. Unfortunately there have been, and continue to be charlatans who try to use topics like this one for their own agendas, and this has tainted this topic so much that many times it is nearly impossible to have a calm, educated discussion about it with a lot of people who think that everyone is just trying to scam them or are just charlatans for one reason or another.

Fortunately so far we can see that all members have been able to participate in the discussion in a calm and educated manner, and for that I thank you all.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Except that Sedna has been proposed to be one of the first members of the Oort cloud.

Sedna

The coldest most distant place known in the solar system; possibly the first object in the long-hypothesized Oort cloud.

www.gps.caltech.edu...

Which would put the oort cloud at a much closer range than it was thought to be.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dinogur
Doesnt anyone remember that Space probe Nasa Sent to go do research on Pluto which made no sense at all because y would we need to do research on the smallest and coldest planet in the solar system. They also said it would take 10 years to reach it, it was launched in 2005...

Yeah, the first post I made about this topic started about that mission in particular back in May 2004.

Pluto/Kuiper Express mission and the possibility of Planet X,

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Nice post.

Facts are there is anceint knowledge that show us there is more planets then we know about.

Like the sumerains the table of creation

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0124df2194d8.jpg[/atsimg]

Zoom in to the solar system and this is 5000 year before any telescope ohh and just like that to add
they knew the sun was in the middle of our solar system

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/48333e4c2a8d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
Another good hypothesis is our galaxy is a black hole and we are already in it's clutches.

IMO it couldn't be a singularity. If the secular increase in the distance of the planets and the Sun, and the other anomalies were caused by a singularity then nothing could be escaping it.

Not even light, or any form of energy could escape a singularity, and instead of the Solar System receiving more energy from sources outside it, the singularity would be attracting even the energy and light from the Sun.

Since the Solar System is receiving energy, radiation, interstellar dust, etc from outside the Solar System, there is no way that a singularity is the cause of these anomalies.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
great work op.
however just intuitively i sense something big is in the offing in 2012
and i mean extinction scale

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

But think about it, if it had been caused by a passing star, and that star is gone, eventually Sedna would have closed its highly elongated elliptical orbit joining the Solar system as another Pluto type planetesimal, and the other anomalies would have dissapeared as well, but they haven't. So there must be something still causing these anomalies and keeping Sedna in it's highly elliptical orbit.

What on Earth are you talking about? If something gravitationally increased the eccentricity of Sedna's orbit and then left the scene, Sedna would remain in a highly elliptical orbit. It's orbit wouldn't suddenly become circular again. Of course, quite how Sedna came to be in such a highly elliptical orbit is another matter. Since it is of appreciable size (roughly 1500 kms in diameter), it must have originally been in a more circular orbit, otherwise accretion would not have taken place (due to the higher collision velocities with other bodies, which would have resulted in fragmentation rather than accretiion).
edit on 8-9-2011 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget

What on Earth are you talking about? If something gravitationally increased the eccentricity of Sedna's orbit and then left the scene, Sedna would remain in a highly elliptical orbit. It's orbit wouldn't suddenly become circular again.

I didn't say it would suddenly change it's orbit, but without an external source to keep it in it's highly elongated and elliptical orbit Sedna would have slowly evolved into a more circular orbit, and please leave behind the condescending tone.

Let me refresh your memory.

In the May 2006 issue of Discover, Dr. Brown stated: "Sedna shouldn't be there. There's no way to put Sedna where it is. It never comes close enough to be affected by the sun, but it never goes far enough away from the sun to be affected by other stars... Sedna is stuck, frozen in place; theres no way to move it, basically theres no way to put it there -- unless it formed there. But its in a very elliptical orbit like that. It simply cant be there. Theres no possible way - except it is. So how, then?"

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection
great work op.
however just intuitively i sense something big is in the offing in 2012
and i mean extinction scale

Thanks. I could be wrong but I don't think we will experience an extinction event in 2012.

There will be changes, more dramatic increases in natural disasters as we enter more and more into this interstellar cloud.

There will probably also be an increase in magmatic and seismic events as well, but 2012 is right around the corner, and if there was an extinction event that close we would be having more dramatic natural disasters occurring.

However, I wasn't sure whether to add the following information in this thread. I wanted to keep it mainly as scientific as possible.

There have been many ancient cultures warning us about this time, I do not want to get that off a tangent and derail the thread into what the ancients said. Mainly because a lot of it deals into the spiritual. But I do want to add the warning of one man who was a scientist, and he also has warned us about this time frame.

I am not talking about Sitchin.

The man I am speaking about was known as Father Malachi Martin.

I know a lot of people would immediately try to dismiss this man but just give him the benefit of the doubt, read what he did, that he was a scientist and a scholar who was even part of the inner circle of the Vatican and knew secrets which very few people know, and he left us a warning.

First a bit of information about Father Malachi Martin.

A lot of people have no idea who this man was, but he was a Catholic priest, theologian, a scholar, a writer, and professor at the Vatican's Pontifical Biblical Institute. This man held three doctorates, in Semitic languages, archeology, and Oriental history. He spoke at least 10 languages and knew several other classical languages. Not to mention that he was a personal friend of Pope John XXIII, and was friend with other high ranking members of the Vatican church. But a lot of people in the Vatican didn't like him, because he kept saying, and wrote books explaining that the Catholic Church had become a tool for the New World Order.

This man took part in the research of the dead sea scrolls publishing 24 articles on Semitic paleography. Apart from his archeological research he also gathered intelligence for the Vatican.

If I kept writting about the things he did it would be a long post.
en.wikipedia.org...

What is curious about this man, and in reference to whatever he was refering that is approaching us, is that 2 years before he mysteriously died, after falling off a flight of stair which caused a heart attack and brain hemorrhage, he gave an interview on Art Bell saying that the Vatican knew that something was approaching us from outer space which would be of great import for us all, and this was the reason why the Vatican took charge of Mt. Graham International Observatory.

Here is a link to an audio file where Father Malachi Martin spoke about something from outer space that he said is approaching us, and would be of great import within 10 years from 1997.

Here is a better link.

www.cyberspaceorbit.com...

www.cyberspaceorbit.com...

To make his story even more mysterious is the way he died. Supposedly he fell down a flight of stairs in 1999 which caused a heart attack and brain hemorrhage.

There is no way that anyone can easily dismiss what this man had to say, he had high contacts within the Vatican, and knew things that very few people can say they know. In the final years before his death, Martin was received in a private audience by pope John Paul II.

The following is part of the information and secrets that Father Malachi Martin was priviledged in knowing.

Martin was also a member of the Vatican advisory council and was privileged to secretive information pertaining to Vatican and other world issues, e.g. the Third Secret of Fatima.

www.biographicon.com...

The above link doesn't seem to work anymore, but here is another.
fathermalachimartin.com...

This man was in the know, he wasn't a charlatan and he knew what he was talking about. As to what exaclty he was trying to warn us about, we can only speculate, although it is strange that we are seeing so many changes in our Solar System apparently because of whatever is approaching.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by libertytoall
Another good hypothesis is our galaxy is a black hole and we are already in it's clutches.

IMO it couldn't be a singularity. If the secular increase in the distance of the planets and the Sun, and the other anomalies were caused by a singularity then nothing could be escaping it.

The singularity can never be reached which means the "hole" is bottomless. It's nothing more then space and time crunched up into the smallest measurable point but it doesn't end there. The singularity is unreachable because the hole goes for infinity.
This IS predicted in all known physics.

Not even light, or any form of energy could escape a singularity, and instead of the Solar System receiving more energy from sources outside it, the singularity would be attracting even the energy and light from the Sun.

Imagine the center of our galaxy is a black hole. The black hole can bend light and time to your perspective. The accretian disc of a black hole is expected to be VERY bright and hot. I believe our sun could be simply an image of the accretian disc in the center of our galaxy. A good representation of this is in the following image.

So as we approach the black hole time and space is so stretched out the sun may actually be an image of the inside of the black hole's accretian disc, keeping us warm and living!

Since the Solar System is receiving energy, radiation, interstellar dust, etc from outside the Solar System, there is no way that a singularity is the cause of these anomalies.

I'm going to have to completely disagree with you. The black hole's singularity IS outside our solar system and
it alone is the cause of gravity / EM / and time itself. It's much more difficult for me to believe a planet or star could effect our solar system in the way you describe when a black hole explains just as easily the phenomenon you're talking of. There's also much more evidence of a black hole then a second star in our solar system. The black hole would discredit the second star possibilty which is why I'm hardly convinced.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I didn't say it would suddenly change it's orbit, but without an external source to keep it in it's highly elongated and elliptical orbit Sedna would have slowly evolved into a more circular orbit

My apologies for the "condescending" tone. However, without an external influence, Sedna would quite happily retain its highly elliptical orbit. Evolution to a more circular orbit would require further perturbations.
edit on 8-9-2011 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This thread and all the info you posted is just mind blowing; admirable work! Thank you for putting such an amount of effort in informing us.
I'll have to sit on it and try to wrap my mind around it; is too much to swallow in from a single reading.
S&F, and too bad that I can't give you a medal too!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by knowneedtoknow

First that cylinder seal is not "The Tablet of Creation." It depicts one man swearing fealty to another. Second, it does not depict the solar system. We know the Sumerian symbols for the planets they knew about and the Sun. These symbols are used consistently throughout Sumerian writings. None of those symbols appear in this cylinder seal. Instead what we see is the symbol for "star." What Sitchin has portrayed as being the solar system is instead just stars in the sky. And from this one misinterpretation Sitchin was able to base his entire theory. By being wrong about this, it causes all of Sitchin's other claims to fall apart completely.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Very good thread started by the op, thank you.

I have been looking into this dwarf star and the binary star system theory,

The above vid co - insides with the extension times and deals with nemesis the dwarf star
More accurate information on 2mass telescope – search for the death star,
They seem to know what they are talking about and in this depiction of the possibility of living within a binary star system.

This detur of orbit is having a big effect on gravity within the solar system.

edit on 8-9-2011 by UnReAl2010 because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join