Scientific Research on Solar System Brown Dwarf and Planet X.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

The solar system doesn't go out to only 26,000 AU. Again, the constraints on WISE can only be used to rule out a Neptune mass planet at up to 10,000 AU and a Jupiter or bigger object at 26,000 AU. I haven't said this is 100% evidence that the brown dwarf, or low mass brown dwarf is there. However, the evidence points to the possibility that there are at least one, if not more Earth sized or bigger planets, and they would have to be kept in orbit by a larger body. Is it 100% evidence ?... No... but as I have stated this evidence makes it a real "possibility".

WISE search wasn't even looking for an Earth sized planet. It was only looking for a Neptune sized object at up to 10,000AU, or Jupiter sized or bigger at up to 26,000AU.

edit on 6-11-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

WISE search wasn't even looking for an Earth sized planet. It was only looking for a Neptune sized object at up to 10,000AU, or Jupiter sized or bigger at up to 26,000AU.

WISE was not looking for planets at all. It was mapping the entire sky in infra-red. It would not have "seen" an icy giant just above absolute zero, but it would definitely have spotted a nearby brown dwarf. Some researchers have used the data to spot brown dwarfs, but none of them have been in the extended Solar System. End of that line of discussion, please.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Like I said, there is no need for you to participate in the thread if you don't like the topic for whatever reason, and I really don't need any explanation from you for the reason of your hostility, just don't answer at all.

For anyone else actually interested in such data, here is another paper mentioning the unusual argument of perihelion close to 0 degrees of extreme trans-Neptunian objects (ETNOs) which seems to indicate a large perturber, or perturbers in the outer reaches of the solar system.

Astrophysics > Earth and Planetary Astrophysics

Flipping minor bodies: what comet 96P/Machholz 1 can tell us about the orbital evolution of extreme trans-Neptunian objects and the production of near-Earth objects on retrograde orbits

C. de la Fuente Marcos, R. de la Fuente Marcos, S. J. Aarseth

(Submitted on 23 Oct 2014 (v1), last revised 6 Nov 2014 (this version, v3))

Nearly all known extreme trans-Neptunian objects (ETNOs) have argument of perihelion close to 0 degrees. An existing observational bias strongly favours the detection of ETNOs with arguments of perihelion close to 0 degrees and 180 degrees yet no objects have been found at 180 degrees. No plausible explanation has been offered so far to account for this unusual pattern. Here, we study the dynamical evolution of comet 96P/Machholz 1, a bizarre near-Earth object (NEO) that may provide the key to explain the puzzling clustering of orbits around argument of perihelion close to 0 degrees recently found for the population of ETNOs. Comet 96P/Machholz 1 is currently locked in a Kozai resonance with Jupiter such that the value of its argument of perihelion is always close to 0 degrees at its shortest possible perihelion (highest eccentricity and lowest inclination) and about 180 degrees near its shortest aphelion (longest perihelion distance, lowest eccentricity and highest inclination). If this object is a dynamical analogue (albeit limited) of the known ETNOs, this implies that massive perturbers must keep them confined in orbital parameter space. Besides, its future dynamical evolution displays orbital flips when its eccentricity is excited to a high value and its orbit turns over by nearly 180 degrees, rolling over its major axis. This unusual behaviour, that is preserved when post-Newtonian terms are included in the numerical integrations, may also help understand the production of NEOs on retrograde orbits.

arxiv.org...

We do need more data to try to pin down exactly what is causing these anomalies, including the argument of perihelion being close to 0 degrees of ETNOs.

We are living in exciting times indeed.

edit on 7-11-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I wonder if Sedna and other ETNOs are formerly rogue planetoids (originating in other solar systems) that got captured by the Sun's gravity.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse
Seems to me a perihelion resonance with Jupiter and Saturn explains things nicely.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
You should listen to Gerald clark about this dwarth planet. And the anunarki....or listen to Sacaria Stichen --- the 12th planet... nibiru. a reply to: NeoVain

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
Get it? or are you still too busy trying to tell NASA planetary scientists what is and what isn't a type of brown dwarf?...

Since you can't be honest about my point of posting my picture I see no point in continuing this discussion, but no matter how hard you deny it, less than 13 MJ is a sub-brown dwarf mass.

WISE 0855−0714 (full designation WISE J085510.83−071442.5[4]) is a (sub-)brown dwarf

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Seems to me a perihelion resonance with Jupiter and Saturn explains things nicely.

You will have to explain that one in more detail. The objects beyond the Kuiper Belt do not come anywhere near Jupiter or Saturn, and aren't even influenced by the much closer Neptune. I think what the writer of the article is suggesting is that an unknown large perturber could be doing the same thing with ETNOs as Jupiter is doing with 96P/Machholz.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join