It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reminder: The power of the elite is an illusion. Do not be afraid!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b49d8ab5955c.jpg[/atsimg]
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! I am the great and terrible Oz!"

These are tough times, ATS. Tough times and sometimes it seems TPTB have us already over the barrel and there is no hope.

Nonsense! This is a message of hope! In true fact, YOU are as powerful as the elite!

How can this possibly be? The key is to understand that the power of the elite is illusory. Because it is generally abstract. The more powerful a person today, the more abstract their power. The richest industry -- banking -- deals entirely in digital ones and zeros. There is nothing at all produced or made at an investment bank in terms of tangible goods and services...just a bunch of people staring at screens and manipulating data.

Ultimately, what is "ownership"? We can't really "own" anything in a permanent sense for two reasons:

1) Entropy: Everything is decaying, falling apart. Whatever we own will rot, rust, break, etc.
2) Mortality: You will eventually be dead and it won't matter in the slightest what you may or may not have "owned."

Because of this, there is a slippery, undefinable vagueness inherent in the concept of "ownership" itself. Put simply, the concept is illusory. When you buy something you feel secure because you own it. But for the reasons stated above, this feeling is at least partially illusory. When we understand that this is always going to be the case, a lot of the security we associate with wealth vanishes -- but so does the intimidation.

See, all those ones and zeros on the investment banker's computer -- they aren't loaves of bread or hunks of cheese. They are numbers. They have meaning because we allowed ourselves to concede that they do. This is the heart of the matter right there. The vast wealth in the hands of a few is not literally in their hands. It is in the form of numbers and papers and bank-accounts that exist only on computer mainframes, etc.

WE grant them power because we choose to keep these illusions going. And WE can withdraw that belief at any time. Without his ones and zeros, the Investment banker is no more or less powerful than me. It's up to us, to withdraw our consent from this illusion.

I could take George Soros in a fistfight. Even a weak little Partygirl like me. Because without the vast web of abstract symbols he can manipulate, he's just another old man with two fists and two feet and not much else. Any other power he has is power WE have granted him. And we can withdraw it, too. We have to.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I agree and would also like to think that TPTB don't have as tight of a grip on the world's nuts as they want us to think they have, but as far as money just being "digital" and worthless; this is only true if EVERYONE simultaneously(sp?) stops believing in the dollar. As long as there are people who will literally do ANYTHING for money, these bankers are in very powerful positions and as much as I want to stop them, I am going to need another year or two of life, or the rest of the world behind me.

All in all, a great message that we don't hear enough

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by theshepherd2

I'm not saying this awareness by itself is enough. Saying that "money and power are illusory" is all well and good, but it is true that these people do things, and there are very serious consequences.

I acknowledge that. But at the same time, we need to remind ourselves of the ilusory nature of these things because unless we do, they take on very dark tones in our mind, seeming to lose their illusory quality and becoming heavy, hairy, brutal. Because money and power are abstract, they can be whatever our minds want them to be. TPTB want to make these things as concrete, real, and solid as possible in our minds. The less illusory it seems, the more control we give TPTB.

We can acknowledge that to say something is illusory is not to say it is nothing. But to understand how hollow it really is at core and to see how much it depends on what YOU allow to happen in your own head should give everyone confidence. We might not be able to take back the world today, but we can start by taking back our own heads and hearts.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This illusion of power that you speak of is a reality in the minds of so many. Little by little the power of the masses is being relinquished to a small group of individuals for the sake of protection and/or security. The general populous seems to believe this is an acceptable trade off and are satisfied as long as they remained entertained and safe.

On an individual level one can recognise the illusion, and even withdraw from the whole system, but the problem still remains. The question is, how does the general population become free of the grip which they have allowed (and even encouraged) to slowly close around their throat?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
double post
edit on 9/7/2011 by NJE03 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Hey partygirl did anyone ever tell you that your like some sort of highly opinionated thread making machine, especially when it comes to this Jesus person and religion related stuff. But I got to admit your pretty good at it.

But ya your right, it is all illusions that have been placed on humanity both by others and by themselves, and they should all take your advice before they all go and do something stupid again and remember that it is all illusions, especially them people who believe in government. I don't think a day has gone by were they weren't arguing about some stupid stuff that ultimately does not matter at all or very little. But hey such is the way of progress, I do believe that in a couple hundred years they will actually get somewhere.

If they don't kill each-other first that is.

Hey kids. When the spirit of gravity comes, don't squeal and remember "that its all in your head"

I could take George Soros in a fistfight. Even a weak little Partygirl like me. Because without the vast web of abstract symbols he can manipulate, he's just another old man with two fists and two feet and not much else. Any other power he has is power WE have granted him. And we can withdraw it, too.

I would pay to see that fight.

Partygirl vs George Soros round 1.....FIGHT. My money that is on you Partygirl, kick his ass I think its time for his delusional old ass to retire and play bingo with all the other old fogeys, in fact kick his ass at bingo as well. Just to show him who's boss.

But I don't know! isn't he like a thousand yrs old or something, last picture I seen of him he looked all bones and liver-spots to me, all you would have to do is push him and he will fall on his ass and probably break his hip and end up paralyzed, or something. In fact you could just use your finger and flick it at his head like you would a piece of crumb on your desk, and he will probably get a concussion and KO and end up dying.

However your right he does not have any power that the masses don't give him, and as far as boogie men are concerned....He is not even a shadow of the real bogie men out there.

But the people so do need there idols. And they always end up creating there very own monsters out of these idols, after all power does corrupt. And no matter how shiny and fancy the pedestal that they place there idols on, its still just sitting on illusions.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Very well said.
The problem is, most people want to keep the illusion going because while it may be opressive and totolitarian,
it is also comfortable and familiar.

I agree with you 100% though.
This is why it is soooo important to wake people up to this fundamental truth.
It is also very important that people get to a point that they are no longer afraid of death.
Unfortunately that will only come when $**T has gotten soooo bad that death would be a welcome relief.
Then and only then will there be change.

One of the greatest pains to human nature
is the pain of a new idea

- Walter Bagehot
edit on 7-9-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Wow!! Sounds like the same experience I had in 2009. I realized the same thing you're talking about!!
I think I'm in love!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
S&F, great post

I'd like to beat the piss out of George Soros too

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
If there were a party dedicated to this thread, I'd be there! S&F.

However, I would have to pass on any violence against Mr. Soros or any other public/private elite. Just as we give them their power by consent, moreover, there is no 'us' and 'them.' (Metaphysic, uh oh
).

Sure, people like Soros, Murdoch, Kissinger, House of Rothschild, etc., may play the world's finances in their favor to attain wealth and power... ok, they may inundate the world with social-engineering propaganda... even Bill Gates can jump start population control with vaccination programs... but THEY are doing nothing! A queen ant is NOTHING without her loyal colony. She is not physically fit to survive on her own, nor to defend herself. She merely dictates to the workers. We are the ones dropping bombs! We are the ones being blown up by those bombs! We are the ones creating the propaganda and entertainment industry! We are the ones being steered and manipulated by it! We are the ones administering dangerous vaccines, and we are the ones suffering from them. Instead of creating a beautiful world... we dance to the tune of the fiddler. We are equally at blame as Soros.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Explanation: S&F!

Uhmmm?

Its the wicked witches that are the unseen evil ... unless of course a whirlwind tornado deposits a house on their heads and they curl their toes up and die [isn.t that what happened to freddy and fanny?
] or conversely and also perversly, by pure fortutious accident when putting out the burning scarecrow, does one find out the cure is the same one, that is the universal solvent!

The good old bucket brigade ... please line up and relay these life saving , flame war dousing waters of ATS towards the conflagaration!

Running away on a prison planet is like hiding in a corner of a cage and trapped rats are forced to fight eventually if the can't escape the sinking ship!

The Wizard of Oz was a technological wizard and there is nothing wrong with that ... or David Blaine and David Copperfield wouldn't get the gigs they do!

Besides he got lost in his balloon and was doing the best he could with what he had.

He in fact is the saviour of Oz for being Wizard enough to know to send a young girl, her dog, and 3 fine fellowed friends to take care of the Wicked Witch of the West.

He handed out medals at the end and even offered to take both Dorothy and Toto
in his balloon back to Kansas.

The persons we need to look at is the witches, both good and bad [claimed???].

Glinda the Good [?] Witch of the North is the one who led Dorothy astray in the 1st place!

The wicked witch of the west loses her sister, then she is prevented getting revenge immediately by Glinda and some wonderful mysterious power of 'Munchkin Land'!

Then the wicked witch of the west concocts a nasty poison, A POISON, that is attractive to the eye and soothing to the smell... Poppies! OPIUM! \

That's a little ominous if one remembers how they represent ww1 ... just as the movie was made approaching ww2 [1939].

SLEEP my pretties!

Oh wait... hang on!

Things are getting chilly around here... yep!, its the weather wonder from the northern tundra, 'Glinda' ... putting the freeze on altenative substances ... strangely just like a mod would do on ATS!
Prophetic methinks!

Snow Job anybody?

Anyway, Dorothy and the other sleepy heads get a sudden brisk reminder to keep an eye on the strange weather we are having! And also, to not seize up like tin man ... so keep moving ok!

Curses! Curses!
Somebody is always helping that girl! :shk: Way way way long after the proper help could have been supplied ... by Glinda!

Don't forget that tornodo that brought Dorothy here in the 1st place! OL is 100% sure its the work of the weathered wonder of the northern tundra AGAIN!

Our intrepid hero's then make it to the Emerald City at the END of the brick road and we soon learn that it is all a farce based on a false premise ...Emeralds are not FUNGIBLE and nor are diamonds but with the original stories silver slippers being swapped for ruby slippers its no wonder that the people living in Hollywood are living in a fanatsy land!

They are then sent to invade and steal the wicked witch of the wests broomstick and we can tell from that that the Wizard had no intentions of going to war with the witch but instead wanted to limit her abilities to move quickly beyond her sphere of influence!

It would also majorly suxor to the maxors not being able to sweep up after those batwinged monkeys doing their dirty business god knows where! [yay I got to use a line out of "The people under the stairs!" film]

Finally Glinda disposes of Dorothy and Toto with the truth, was they are now the biggest threats to her world wide New Witch Order!

Personal Disclosure: Remember! There is NO PLACE LIKE HOME!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Sadly when practically everyone believes in the illusion it becomes the reality. One of the few stories in the bible that I still find relevant, is the story of jesus and the moneychangers. It is the only story, I believe, where jesus loses his temper. Wallstreet and the banking industry are the modern equivalent. I also find it ironic that most of the rich and powerful claim to be "good christians" and people believe them....

Kinda shocked that I referenced the bible but they hit the nail on the head with that one.

new topics

top topics

join