It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get to know ATS users.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
We all know why we are here, but we don't really know the user base we are posting to. I am sure you have wondered about who visits ATS. Well, digging into statistics can help. Two sites to do this are:

www.big-boards.com...
and ATS's very own
www.abovetopsecret.com...

These two sites will give you a better understanding of this site in many ways. I will reply later with screen grabs. Since more than half of ATS users are in the USA, I doubt I will get a response tonight anyways. Also, it seems ATS is in a bit of a hangover/dry period after labor day.

Please post your fun/surprising finds using these stats! I will be back

PS~Do not post direct links to big-boards png's. They are updated frequently under the same img name. Future users might want to see if demographics are changing.
edit on 7-9-2011 by adraves because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
its looks pretty interesting. ima have to check it out later on my pc

i bet majority is a white male 20-40s

not all but maybe half

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jplaysguitar
its looks pretty interesting. ima have to check it out later on my pc

i bet majority is a white male 20-40s

not all but maybe half

Good guess. 80% of users are white, and 62% are males. Now how many of those are actually both white and male will need another statistician to guess at. I am just to tired for math right now. Any accountants floating around?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
How many will shed their avatars and screen names we hide behind to disclose REAL and TRUE info? Just curious???

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I took a quick look and was surprised to see that Germany follows USA in most site visitors. For some reason I
assumed it would be UK. Silly me!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWorldSpins

That or Canada. We also seem to have a lot of people from Austrailla, either that or they just happen to be more outspoken. I can't recall many people saying they are from Germany or seeing it on peoples location.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Yea that's why I was shocked to see it listed so highly. Keep in mind though that this is visitors to the site, not users. So maybe we just have a lot of german lurkers that don't post.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Yeah I would have guessed US, Canada, Australia, UK, then non-english speaking countries. Where are all the Germans at?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
That apparently Asians aren't attracted to ATS.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm guessing at least 75% of those UK members are Scottish.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm

We also seem to have a lot of people from Australia, either that or they just happen to be more outspoken.

Having been friends with two Australians and spoken to many others, being outspoken is a national trait of theirs.

Australian women giving birth don't scream because of the pain, they scream because their newborn just won't stop talking about all kinds of random crap.

join