It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO - Bogota, Columbia (2011) - Tripod, Night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Hello ATS.

I found this video about ten minutes ago, after finishing it I felt compared to share with the class. These appear to be balls of light hovering over the city at night. Far too bright to be lanterns - but perhaps they are several helicopters, wasting expensive gas and turning their head lights on and off for effect.

I'm having a difficult time drawing any conclusions due to the ominous hovering behavior. The lights appear to be different shapes as well. And yes, I believe there is one plane that flies by during the first few minutes. This may help for comparison sake.

You be the judge.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
My guesses are planes lining up to land on 1 of several airports in that area, helicopters, or TR-3Bs blending in with planes, like they do near Providence, RI, near where I use to live.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
My guess is ball lightning.
Large plasma balls, and there is definitely a lightning storm going on.....

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Even with a tripod, we have to endure erratically shaking and zooming...I'm seriously starting to doubt whether we have ever actually filmed a extra-terrestrial UFO, at least in modern times. As long as we keep watching the skies and outwards for all our answers, they are probably not gonna come anyways, ironically. We have to start looking inwards. I don't think they are ever gonna come here helping us out of this #ty situation that is planet earth, we would have learned nothing. We would have to help ourselves out of serfdom, hate and fear, and then I'm sure we would be greeted by like-minded beings in no time.

That is some really great weather thought, thanks for bringing this video to our attention

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Definitely planes lining up to land. I live right under one of the main approaches for LaGuardia Airport in NYC and many nights it often looks exactly like this when they've got them really stacked up. Wait long enough and each one of those lights from my vantage points eventually comes in, flies right over my head on its way to landing at the airport.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

There is something reminiscent of the hoaxed Jerusalem video here . To me this has the feeling of CGI , although that is obviously nothing even remotely conclusive , of course . Just a feeling.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

From 5 minutes on it looks like a plane landing on a runway to me.

Shame the film cut out when it did or we'd have probably seen it taxi off the runway.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
i live near LGA and it's the same scene - except replace the vid's tranquil ambient music with reggaeton, bachata, & nortenya all played simultaneously

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Hi ThinkingCap.

i just saw this vid on youtube and was a bit baffled.

you beat me to the punch, wanted to make a thread as well.

so SnF for that

for the people saying it's airplanes, i've got one little problem with that. (DISCLAIMER: i'm NOT saying it's aliens)

at 0:45 seconds in the vid an obvious plane flies by, look at the speed of that plane in comparison to those 'orbs'.

i don't think these planes, 'lining up for landing', should be seen for the amount of time we're seeing them right now.

(judging by the plane that flew by at 45 seconds)

anyone

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

bogata , coloumbia is in the middle of a mountainous region

its my opinion - that the lights are human activity on the foot hills beyond the city limits

it is clear from the lightning flashes - than high ground is present beyond the city

i would like to see a day time shot from the same location - pluss a map giving videographers location and bearing

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

i beg to differ.

just look at at the first few seconds of the vid, notice how fast some lights are descending or ascending.

does that look like human activity on a mountain hill to you?

pretty fast humans if you ask me

ETA

timeframe 0:15 seconds and onwards

edit on 7-9-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Looks like planes taking off and landing at an airport. You can clearly see the runway.

edit on 7-9-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Yup, I can clearly see the runway too... and they clearly land on it.

This is exactly what I see when passing the busy airport I live near. You can see all the jets lined up, miles out, getting ready for their turn to land. Then you can see some take off too.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Lightning flashing in the background shows this is not people running up and down a mountain. Planes also do not hover... Helicopter maneuvers? As far as a "fleet" goes, um, they are short quite a few compadres, squad maybe. Lol, pretty cool vid none the less.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by purseldave65

Lightning flashing in the background shows this is not people running up and down a mountain. Planes also do not hover...

When planes are flying directly towards you and away from you close to ground level they look like they are hovering from a distance. Its a common mistake people make.

top topics

join