It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Gauweiler: "We're on the way to a worldwide financial dictatorship governed by bankers,"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Source

Cited in part....

"We're on the way to a worldwide financial dictatorship governed by bankers," said Peter Gauweiler, German Bundestags Representative (CSU), in an interview published Monday in the Welt Online. "We don't support Greece," he said. "We support 25 or 30 worldwide investment banks and their insane activities."

Successful lawyer, he fought back in the German Supreme Court, claiming that the money-printing and bailout operations by the European Central Bank (ECB), and Germany's role in them, violate the constitution. The court's decision is expected on Wednesday. The foundation of the euro was the Stability Pact, he said—a contract that now has been broken. And he wonders if "the euro can still function as a value-retaining currency."....

"The ECB's bond buying program was a mistake," laments Hans-Werner Sinn, President of Ifo Institute for Economic Research. Opening the money spigot removed the incentives for the affected countries to undergo needed budgetary and structural reforms. He holds up as proof Italy's currents effort to weasel out of budget cuts and tax increases and Greece's resistance to reform.

"It would be a lot cheaper for German taxpayers" if Greece exited the eurozone, said Hermann Otto Solms, financial expert of the FDP, the government's coalition partner, in an interview in the Südwest Presse. Greece has violated repeatedly the condition for the aid package, and "in the long run, that cannot be permitted."...

Meanwhile, Italy is backpedaling on its "blood-and-tears plan" to raise taxes and cut its budget by €45 billion. In Spain and Italy, people are demonstrating in the streets, and strikers are paralyzing Italian air traffic. Austerity plans aren't popular. It's easier to borrow and print than to get your financial house in order.

People have always perceived the euro as an invention by the elite for the elite, and many of the current problems in Europe are blamed on it. So whether or not the eurozone will survive in its current form and with its current members is at least partially a question of its ability to run counter the will of its people, and get away with it.

Wow the German Bundestags Representative got that right! Now Germany and seemingly more of Europe are beginning to vehemently oppose any further bailouts to the likes of Greece and other Eurozone indebted countries. As the article points out, it is the will of the people here that is being undermined by the elitist banker groups in saving the Euro and providing further stimulus and bailouts and support of the banks. Spain, Italy and Greece are beginning to buckle under their initial promises of austerity and the likes of Germany are just about fed up with it all. Interesting article.

I would be interested if anyone here knows the German language and can confirm that was the Rep's exact terminology from the original article here.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist
Source

Cited in part....

[...]I would be interested if anyone here knows the German language and can confirm that was the Rep's exact terminology from the original article here.

Yep,he said that in those Terms.

And he is not the only one who thinks that way. There is alot of Opposition,even in Merkels own Party,who are against paying even more. And the Number of those People increase almost daily.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Shenon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Cheers thanks for the confirmation. Star for you.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I am glad to see that not only is this respected individual speaking out, but pursuing the matter legally. I will be checking up on this tomorrow to see what the outcome is. After reading the whole article I couldn't help but to think that there are many different people, from different countries, that this person is angering. It would not surprise me if he goes missing soon. And if he does, it will be hard to tell who exactly did it. Hopefully this doesn't happen, and I would think that if it were going to happen it would have already come to pass. Sometimes, as in this case, I like being wrong. I don't particularly like violence.

top topics

join