It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists say dolphins 'talk' like humans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

en.wikipedia.org...

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish (1984, ISBN 0-345-39183-7) is the fourth book of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy "trilogy" written by Douglas Adams. Its title is the message left by the dolphins when they departed Planet Earth just before it was demolished to make way for a hyperspace bypass, as described in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The phrase has since been adopted by some science fiction fans as a humorous way to say "goodbye" and a song of the same name was featured in the 2005 film adaptation of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Arthur Dent has hitch-hiked through the galaxy and is dropped off on a planet in a rainstorm. He realises that he appears to be in England on Earth, even though he saw it destroyed by the Vogons. While he has been gone for several years, it appears only a few months have passed on Earth. He manages to hitch a ride with a man named Russell, who is driving home his sister Fenchurch (Fenny for short). Russell explains that she had become delusional after worldwide mass hysteria over the "hallucinations with the big yellow spaceships" (Vogon Ships). Arthur also learns that all the dolphins disappeared shortly after that event. Arthur becomes curious about Fenchurch, but they reach his home before he can ask more questions. Inside his still-standing home, Arthur finds a gift-wrapped bowl inscribed with the words "So Long and Thanks..." which he then uses for his Babel Fish. Arthur considers that Fenchurch is somehow connected to him and to the Earth's destruction, and finds that he still has the ability to fly whenever he lets his thoughts wander. . . . . . .

edit on 7-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ka119

Go back a few thousand years and you will see the same thing with humans. How do you think all those cow gods got started? We were like land dolphins, protecting what we perceived to be part of us.

If dolphins were as intelligent and socially sophisticated as us, they too would have wars.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ka119

Indeed, the video is quite amazing.

It raises some serious concerns. The lecture this video was in at my school was in regards to truly biological, living architecture.

And hey, that brings up a whole range of questions. If my house becomes smarter than me, do I have the right to own it? To demolish it?

strange future indeed.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

shot down by roger
we are the worst entity on this planet name me one thats worse

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Fascinating to say the least. Without wishing to divert the OP reason for this wonderful thread, the video seen reminds me of Lichen. Viewed using the eyepiece from a microscope, it looked like a tiny volcano. the said inner magma being water and in such exists Algae. To keep this short, please allow me to say how i once read how Bacteria simply communicates by producing odours. Next we have the 'is a Virus Alive?', question. yet i see such as being a mere messenger who carries perhaps a horizontal gene plus ATP, used to keep things warm. Please continue the original debate, but look how easy and more acceptable our few lines of communication have so far become. Keep up the good work and i shall go back to reading.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
i wonder if dolphins understand what we are saying to them?! ,but are unable to tell us. i bet one of the things they are trying to say to us in their own language is..."what are you doing to our world"

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ka119

hey I have some psychic abilities and once when i was sitting quietly one of my pups came and sat in front of me looked up and i caught her thought. she had an abcess,( an infection, sorry about spelling),on the side of her face. she said i'm showing you. I believe all life that is self aware has some level of rational thought, they are not capable of verbalizing it the way we do.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
i hope that someone someday invents a machine or computer that is able to decipher and translate all these sounds that animals make into english,so we can finally understand what they are sying to eachother and to us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join