It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stimulus Package 2.0: $300 Billion...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
nation.foxnews.com...

White House spokesman Jay Carney said Obama would not lay out a wholesale deficit reduction plan in his speech.

Talking and Spending go Obama!!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Insanity : trying the same thing again and again expecting for different results...

I hope congress tell Obama to shove this BS up his butt.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Insanity : trying the same thing again and again expecting for different results...

I hope congress tell Obama to shove this BS up his butt.

GOP will pass the bill so they can win in 2012!!!! It's almost too perfect!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The plan comes attached with an extension of jobless benefits so I smell another orchestrated 'showdown' in congress.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Then there's this:

www.miamiherald.com...

What you gonna do Obama? We need your expert guidance!!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I'm just wondering where all this newfound money is coming from that enables them to reduce incoming revenues ?

Oh wait, nevermind...

... I think I hear printing machines running in the background and Bernanke yelling something about "Green side up !!"

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The internet has killed the post office. I don't know if a taxpayer bailout will change things plus it will be a hard sell.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Any way we can eliminate the Bush Stimulus Bill that has been destroying the revenue for ages now? (some call it the bush tax cut, but like all temp tax cuts, they are simply a stimulus bill that has gone on for what...almost a decade now)

So yeah, end the Bush temporary stimulus measures, stop wars, and slap some damn tariffs on imports.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
They should just take the $300 Billion and cut each American a check for $1,000. I don't know about anyone else, but $5,000 sure would stimulate MY economy. That money of course, would go right back into the local and national economy buying goods and services, further stimulating everyone else's personal economy.

Makes sense to me.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

...President Barack Obama is expected to propose $300 billion in tax cuts and federal spending Thursday night to get Americans working again.

Michelle Bachmann told me tax cuts don't cost anything.

A breakdown of the AP article:

One-year extension of a payroll tax cut for workers and an extension of expiring jobless benefits: $170 billion
    Tax credit for businesses: $30 billion
    Public works projects, such as school construction:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Indeed.

Or send $300 billion divided by the number of people earning less than $50k in checks. (that's 75% of Americans)

That's about 1290$ for every citizen.

A family of 4 would get 5160$... (and of course it wouldn't count as taxable income)

But that would create inflation.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Your definition of insanity is my definition of not quiting. Interesting coincidence we have here.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

Your definition of insanity is my definition of not quiting. Interesting coincidence we have here.

It's different. ``Not quitting`` usually means you changed something before trying again. Training harder, learning new tricks, etc... Doing the EXACT same thing again and again expecting different results is insane.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Hahaha.

Perspective my friend. Perspective.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I don't know about anyone else but I remember this particular song and dance ! How many times does it take to realize throwing money at a problem just doesn't cut it ! I suppose if they do this and extend more unemployment then that means unemployment has dropped !
It's a win, win !

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Obama's jobs plan will boil down to this:

Take $300 billion ( from where? He doesn't know and he doesn't care. The fact that we don't have $300 billion to spend on this doesn't matter -- it never stopped him before ).

Give the $300 billion to his union cronies to "repair the infrastructure". It absolutely must be union jobs, though.

It has the added benefit of buying 2012 votes.

There you go. That was simple wasn't it?
edit on 7-9-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
well this is getting to be a yearly festival isn't it?

lets see TPTB say," hey give us more money so we don't go broke because we owe a bunch of money to?"?Who do THEY owe it to??? Help me out here

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by OldCorp

Indeed.

Or send $300 billion divided by the number of people earning less than $50k in checks. (that's 75% of Americans)

That's about 1290$ for every citizen.

A family of 4 would get 5160$... (and of course it wouldn't count as taxable income)

But that would create inflation.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Yeah and that's 30,000 for the Duggards. I don't think handing money out to people is going to help the economy but I understand your point it'd probably work better than giving it to the banks (again). But we shouldn't be printing and giving money to anyone.
edit on 7-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This has got to stop. Obahma is a druggie. He loves money. The old trick of setting up the republicans isn't goin to work because the speaker of the house is simply going to say no. And if Obahma wants to extend unemployment benefits he's going to have to ask for that and only that. The man is going to be so humiliated I almost feel sorry for him ( no I don't ).

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

The package includes billions to pay for future retirement and pension of US postal workers and to avoid them from running out of money by august next year.

Funny how this whole government spending is nothing but a scam, to manufacture and sugar coat GDP numbers and claim that is economic growth, the government has to use tax payer dollars to create jobs.

See, most of the jobs that this will create if any, will still no be enough to keep families from getting off welfare.

edit on 7-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join