It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Snowed in Kentucky 9-6-11

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

We do have crazy weather, that's for sure. I remember during the ice storms a few years ago... was probably 7 or 8 years ago, I guess. There was a line where there was zero to very little ice and then all at once everything was COVERED! It was the strangest thing... like some kind of big umbrella had been held over one part but not the other. It would have made sense if it was a gradual build up from none to a lot, but there was nothing gradual about it.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

I know no one on here really wants to tell were they are from but I'm in Somerset. What about my fellow Kentucky folks?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Campy61

I don't mind...

Breathitt County

ps.... I have trained sharks with robot legs, Breathing masks and lasers instead of guard dogs!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Try that now and you'll get wet lol

I kind of tried that once, hehe. It was bad. My brother who works on my car for me was not happy, lol.
Nah, I just took my car through a ford. I actually got through it, but my car is just a Dodge Neon and not meant to go four wheeling in, hehehe.

I will ask her though... will ask tomorrow. I know that back in the late 1800's, out on the plains, they always said that every 7 winters was a bad winter and every 7th 7 winters (if that makes sense, lol) was REALLY bad. I've often wondered if such a rule would apply to us here, as well. Would be interested to figure it up and see.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Campy61

Whooo, Rockcastle, buddy! We're close!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

LOL. I thought I was the only one. You need to upgrade to the rabbits we have with AR15's

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

LOL I'm closer to you then Somerset.
You literally live right up the road from me.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Campy61

No way!!! Would be crazy if we actually know each other, lol! How strange would it be for that to happen to me twice on here? haha

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Yeah sounds believable, I'm down in GA here, and it's frickin 61 degrees right now (usually mid 80s at night around this time) probably a cold front or something, but still..

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Its stayed 60.4 degrees F since 5pm hasnt changed...
thats kinda crazy in its self!

I was watching the weather channel earlier... they said it was 75 in Kentucky...
thats not true! lol

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

That would be cool but I don't know many people from Rockcastle.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I was watching the weather channel earlier... they said it was 75 in Kentucky... thats not true! lol

Yeah, they must be looking somewhere in Kentucky that is far from here, lol. Thermometer says 58.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Well so far with all the seasons this year, we've seen crazy weather associated with it, which kinda makes me worry about winter.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Thermometer says 58

wow that's pretty chilly for the start of Fall..

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Campy61

I've pretty much lived here on and off my whole life... right in the same little spot. Spent a little bit of time in California while I was a flight attendant, but I came back. Don't figure I'll ever move too far away again, although it's tempting sometimes, lol. I just hate to be away from family.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I believe you! It got chilly down here this morning, I'm in Louisiana, and it was in the low 60's this morning, that's unheard of around here! Tomorrow is supposed to be the same! Great weather down here!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

wow that's pretty chilly for the start of Fall..
reply to post by Nobama

A few weeks ago, it was 50 around 7:30 a.m. But the next day at the same time, it 68, lol. This time of year drives me insane because one day you'll be freezing and breaking out the hoodies and jackets then the next day it's sweltering hot again. Like the weather can't make up its mind, lol.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

I have been here all 26 years of my life except for the few years in eastern KY. The weather has always been crazy but thats what I like about living here. You get to have all 4 seasons in a week

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Hey, I beleive you, and Im in Missouri, I picked up a copy of the new farmers almanac a few days ago. Where they usually forcast in inches of snow, this year for my area they are for casting FEET of snow, and not giving numbers, they just say FEET.
I have noticed the trend in winters returning to the winters we had when I was a kid, drifts several feet high of snow, and not so much ice. Last year for the first time in 20 years my car was drifted in, had to take the bobcat and dig it out. We already have three loads of wood in and ready, husbands cleaning out the stove pipe this weekend, it was 48 here this morning at 5 am- fall is here kiddos!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I am not intending to be rude or dismissive but... it did not snow. Your temperatures were far too warm for it to have occurred. You said your location is Breathitt County, KY so I searched the weather in Jackson yesterday (9/6) and the high was 61 and low was 56. So even at the best possible atmosphere arrangement snow could not have fallen at your location with the conditions you described.

The highest ground temperature snowfall has ever been observed at is 43°F. Why you would lie about this I do not know so it is my opinion, simply because you appear to be an honest guy, that you are confused as to what you had actually observed.

edit on 9/7/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join