It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harper says 'Islamicism' biggest threat to Canada

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
As a Canadian, reading between Harper's lines, I get the impression that he is preparing Canadians for World War 3. It's just a matter of time before NATO takes military action against Syria, Iran and perhaps other Islamic countries.

Given that he has a majority in the House of Commons he knows that over the next 4 years he can behave like a dictator with virtually no consequences.

Given that we are heavily involved with Afghanistan and are actually officially in charge of the Libya mission, Stephen Harper's true colours are showing. When he was a member of the official opposition in 2003 he wanted Canada to enter the Iraq war and he was pretty gung-ho and open about it.
edit on 11-9-2011 by GrassyKnoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Yea true, but now he is going to make enemies quite fast because of it, and to make a stronger case for it he may even get a false flag going.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Oh really?

Have you forgotten the Crusades?

The Spanish Inquisition?

Oh enlightened Christfascists, please lead me to which cliff I shall fall off of if you even succeed at blinding me.

No I haven't forgotten them - and they are good examples religious nutcases.

However you will not find anything in the x-ian bible (by which I really mean the new testament which is supposedly all about JC) that tells x-ians to burn heretics, nor a death sentence for apostates, nor anything harsher for non-belivers than it's harder for a rich man to enter heaven than a camel to go through the eye of a needle (whatever that may have been).

Of course once religion became about power rather than a better way to live (which never takes long IMO) the powers that be distort it any which way.

But in Islam's case there is little or no need to distort anything - the basic book contains exhortations to violence in perfectly explicit terms already.

BTW I'm an atheist......

edit on 12-9-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
First off, new member to ATS
Hi everyone.

Secondly, I'd like to start off that I am not being racist in my critique of Islam ( Some automatically correlate Islam criticism with racism, instead of religious scepticism)

However, I must say that I do perceive this as a threat. If Europe is any indication, in my opinion, Islam is very much out to assimilate cultures into their own. The potential problem with any religion are its fundamentals. I have read much of the Quran, and what truly is to blame are the holy book's fundamental principles. Many are simply barbaric. From complete intolerance of atheists, to the oppression of women, to possibility of violent interpretation, it just doesn't appear to be an ideology that should be embraced in 2011. There is also the expectation from many Islamic groups that they be given special treatment, and unfortunately, many people adhere to this and tip toe around directly addressing this religion. My opinion has always been that a movement should provide beneficial evidence for being publicly supported. And to be frank, there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever for the majority of religious claims across the world. No evidence, no treatment.

I am Canadian, and I am very proud of how secular a culture we have become over the generations. I am also attracted to the idea that we are moving in a direction where religion is a personal choice, and should be treated as such. There's no way to tactfully state that, to be perfectly honest, the aim of Islam is to take over the world. I have seen this as well in my personal dealings with just about every Muslim I have met, as almost every time there is a point where I am urged to convert. There's no shortage of news reports on barbaric acts committed in the name of Islam. I am trying not to generalize, as you cannot blame every member of a religion for these acts, however like I said - the fundamentals are to blame.

I don't want Sharia Law lobbied for in this country, nor do I want the majority of its citizens to abandon critical thinking in favour of superstition. I don't believe that organized religious belief of any kind is psychologically healthy. And while I absolutely cannot STAND Harper, for once, I will have to agree. Organized religious assimilation, of any kind, I do perceive as a threat. Because jihads, body mutilation and rampant homophobia aside - it teaches its followers not to think.

That all being said though, one cannot help wonder if, as always, there is something else beneath the surface of a politician's statements. Because who knows, one day Islamification is a threat, the next week there's a "terrorist attack" blaming some other country, and before you know it, on goes The Great War Machine

Namaste

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
some of you guys need to get a grip....look at history, quit singing kumbaya around the campfire, and wake up.....or have it your way and let islamists move in get a voting minority, gather lobbiest gain a party and run for office...Look here in America , hell, anybody can be President.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatWhiteFilms
There's no way to tactfully state that, to be perfectly honest, the aim of Islam is to take over the world.

It is also the aim of the Jews to take over the world. Or, at least that's what Hitler thought, and he was being perfectly honest too. He gave his secret police the same powers that Harper is going to give Canada's police. An alarming number of people don't care about the similarities between Harper and Hitler. And then they wonder how could the Germans let an ideologue like Hitler gain power. Well, it's not that hard apparently, when most people are nationalist and ignorant bigots. Germany had its national enemy, we have ours. Building up the armed forces, new tough on crime bills, incarceration without judicial oversight, more security and less privacy; all these things occurred in Germany as well.

Check out my signature for a comparison of Harper's June 10 Speech to his party and Hitler's speeches. The rhetoric is the same.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Even in the most rabid andti-jewish sentiment where the Jews want to control the world they do not want to:

1/ make everyone Jewish
2/ punish those who do not want to be Jewish
3/ impose their medieval law on everyone
4/ do it by force
5/ use their holy book as justification for anything

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Neither do the majority of Muslims. Radicals are radical whether they are Zionists, Evangelical Christians or any other religious group. I live near a mosque and so far not one Muslim has come to my door scimitar in hand to try and convert me. Jevohah's Witnesses, though, won't leave me alone.

BTW All of your points can be applied to Jews except for maybe #4, where they would take over by controlling the money. But everything else, yeah, an argument can be made.

My only point was to compare what people thought of Jews then to what people think of Muslims now, and how it leads to authoritarian control out of fear of an enemy. Every society needs an external enemy to whip up the frenzy of the citizens.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

That is actually surprising to me, as living in Toronto I have been approached five or six times, minding my own business, by Muslims attempting to convert me. One of them, when I simply stated that I am in fact a non-believer, attempted to debate me (Quite humourous, actually - apparently the proof is because Mohammed cracked the moon to prove his legitimacy...the proof? The crack in the moon
) When I politely further declined, he stormed off, angry. There are also aggressive, preaching Muslims on street corners, and several 'promoters' at the Eaton Centre who approach and engage strangers about their religion.

That being said, I have posted this in another post as well - The problem is that we do not have one globalist agenda - we have two. The NWO is certainly one of them, and it seems Islam is on the other side. Now, we know why Islam wishes this - their holy book demands this. God 'wants' them to do this. As for the NWO, I think we may find the same thing when take into account the odd rituals at Bohemian Grove and their obsession with the occult.

Either way you see it, in order for us to have a chance at peace, ONE of the main things that has to go is religion. But one must wonder what is truly behind these religious imperatives. I don't claim to know.

Therefore...

ALIENS.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GreatWhiteFilms

Islamicism is definitely a threat to Canada but Zionism is a way bigger threat.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I think after Norway, the biggest threat to Canada is radical right wing fundamentalist Caucasians.

I'm an expert. Take my word for it.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LibertarianExpress
I think after Norway, the biggest threat to Canada is radical right wing fundamentalist Caucasians.

I'm an expert. Take my word for it.

Like Stephen Harper?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This public statement makes sense when you understand that Ecclesiastical law oversees the legislation (public policy). Its in the colonizers best interest to keep Canon law and because everything eventually becomes corrupted (universal law) there is no "separation of church and state" in entirety in this particular case, for there to be a "separation of church and state" is to be a Republic and not a Democracy, which is a code word for Christendom (Thats for another day). And Canon, Talmud and Sharia are not the only Ecclesiastical law.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join