It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harper says 'Islamicism' biggest threat to Canada

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

www.cbc.ca

In an exclusive interview with CBC News, Prime Minister Stephen Harper says the biggest security threat to Canada a decade after 9/11 is Islamic terrorism.

Harper said his government will bring back anti-terrorism clauses that were brought in in 2001 but were sunset in 2007 amid heated political debate.

There were two clauses at the heart of the debate:

One allowed police to arrest suspects without a warrant and detain them for three days without charges if police believed a terrorist act ma
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

One allowed police to arrest suspects without a warrant and detain them for three days without charges if police believed a terrorist act may have been committed.

The other allowed a judge to compel a witness to testify in secret about past associations or perhaps pending acts under penalty of going to jail if the witness didn't comply.

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA

Detain people for 3 days for no reason but suspicion?

A judge can compel a witness to testify in secrecy?

What the hell is going on here?

How is treating everyone like a convicted criminal for their own safety?

And if you watch the video on the webpage the whole thing, though a trailer, looks completely scripted

Damnnnnnnnnnnn
Canada?

www.cbc.ca

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

He said that terrorism is the biggest threat.

+19 more 
link   
Islam is the greatest threat to world peace, women's rights, and logical thinking ever to ooze across the globe.

Allah and YHVH are sharing a quiet evening, while their 'children' are killing in their names.

link   

That stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid man seems like he is doing everything in his power to destroy Canada from the inside out. LEARN FROM OTHER COUNTRIES MISTAKES MORON!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I thought this kind of human rights violations were more common place in just the States with the patriot act.
I have to say, I am damn disappointed. Terrorism, biggest threat of Canada? Right..
What about the crippling world economy, the crippling economy of the US.
Eh.. whatever, at this point, any government could do and say just about anything.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This goes quite well with his policies to build more prisons...

What about the cops that terrorize families? Or the biker gangs terrorizing neighborhoods?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

This guy and the like are reasons my Canadian friends are voting for atheist, liberal leftist bunch.

Heh.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Our courts will not uphold these CRIMES AS LAWS. And I would be forced to perform a citizens arrest on site of this man or his minions for his crimes against humanity. There are ALREADY Crimes in his bills that must be ignored or you become co-criminal with them, and any one carrying them out is a co-criminal. They are against the constiution and our soveriegn rights, and a constitutional lawyer once wrote about these kind of illegal laws. It doesnt matter if a judge strikes them down, they're still illegal and violate human rights and consitution. Ignorance of the law is no excuse so anyone carrying out any form of draconian law in our country is ALSO A CRIMINAL. PERIOD!

Fraud! Embezzlement! Conspiracy To Sell Out Canadians AND TREASON. Those will be charges. We all need to wake and make those charges ASAP.
edit on 6-9-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
After commanding the NATO mission in Libya, I'm not surprised that Canada is threatened by Muslim terrorists. This country's international profile is getting more and more prominent, and it wouldn't surprise me if the third world started thinking of us as a part of the problem. We endorsed U.N. regime change in Libya, Afghanistan and Iraq, ya know?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Citizens say Harper is the BIGGEST threat to
Canada

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
He's so full of it.

The biggest threat to Canada is him and people like him. Scumbags sellouts.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoswellCityLimits
Islam is the greatest threat to world peace, women's rights, and logical thinking ever to ooze across the globe.

Allah and YHVH are sharing a quiet evening, while their 'children' are killing in their names.

not just womens rights - human rights.

I'm with the PC brigade here complaining about detention without trial, secret testimony, etc - but if they think that's bad they should try living in a thocracy - of any religon.

Make no mistake about it, Islam is specifically designed to take over the world - at least that is something the other myths aren't specifically ordered to do by their holy texts!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoswellCityLimits

I would say ignorance is a much greater threat.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Coming from a guy who ordered to have the Wall Of Sovereignty
removed, to put up a portrait of the queen in it's place,
we are not at all surprised.
Coming from a guy who is ordering secret air bombing runs that
indiscriminately have bombed a children's school
and hospitals in Libya, we are not at all surprised.
Coming from a guy who built a artificial indoor lake for the G20
at the expense of taxpayers, we are not at all surprised.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
the biggest threat if any is a fragmentation of canadian society which from my perspective is taking place as we speak.

go to vancouver craigslist, the rants and rave section has racist hate speech for days. east indians this, asians that, white people, blacks, blah blah blah, people are fracturing into selective groups and opposing the others to the point that they'd be willing to have miniture war over it. the riot was a clear example. omg was it ever. they turned on each AND the police.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
~
Is Islamicism even a real word ?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

One allowed police to arrest suspects without a warrant and detain them for three days without charges if police believed a terrorist act may have been committed.
The other allowed a judge to compel a witness to testify in secret about past associations or perhaps pending acts under penalty of going to jail if the witness didn't comply.

Hmm, I could be subject to a warrantless arrest, be detained for three days without charge, and be thrown into prison if I don't "testify in secret"?
No thanks, Steve-o.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

www.cbc.ca

In an exclusive interview with CBC News, Prime Minister Stephen Harper says the biggest security threat to Canada a decade after 9/11 is Islamic terrorism.

Harper said his government will bring back anti-terrorism clauses that were brought in in 2001 but were sunset in 2007 amid heated political debate.

There were two clauses at the heart of the debate:

One allowed police to arrest suspects without a warrant and detain them for three days without charges if police believed a terrorist act ma

People.. i am no harper advocate.. but if he is sitting there and thinking that Islamic Terrorism is the biggest threat than that is good news.. because the threat as is, is almost non-existent. It's hard to offend someone with laws that he has to admit are for a specific threat that doesn't exist.

If they can detain people for the threat of terrorism let them. If they use the law for anything other than Islamic Terrorism it will be obvious right?

Let's not get so PC that we now are mindful to not offend actual terrorists.. I mean.. they are almost non-existent so who cares? The political correctness is just out of control. People being offended that what he said might offend someone else that doesn't exist.. Why be offended?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

OK, I have to agree that the Islamification of Canada is probably one of the greatest threats to Canada. But, there are possibly equal or bigger ones, that being the Queen, the IMF (BOC), Harper and Obama, not necessarily in that order.

The Queen and her spawn are the most expensive welfare family on the planet and they suck the life out of this colony along with the other colonies like Australia and New Zealand, I think we can call that no property rights and land ownership terrorism. The IMF, lends us our own money at interest, considering the market manipulation that's financial terrorism. Obama wants a borderless North America so that we will have the NAU that can rape and steal our resources, such as water, oil, diamonds and gold. They're just things but it would seem that it's resource terrorism and the lever used is extortive. And then we have the Harper unit, what kind of an efing zombie is this clown? Now he wants to tag us all on the internet, no more free speech, allow warrantless and baseless searches with no recourse, seizure of property and charging us for the shipping and storage. That's constitutional terrorism. All of these @sshats should be tried for treason because they aren't helping the colony called Canada, they are only helping themselves..

As far as Islamification, have your religion but like all religions, it should be like sex, it's private, keep it to your self. And while the Muslims and every other immigrant is at it, assimilate or leave, don't try and change us. We made that mistake with the North American Indians hundreds of years ago and look how that worked out for them. Are we the new "North American Indians?" Immigrants are deliberately breeding us out of this colony. Better ponder that last question.

Where the hell did I leave that planetary RESET button?

Cheers - Dave
edit on 9/7.2011 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join