It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin & The Constellation of Leo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This is the first discussion thread I've done so be easy on me.

Apparently Comet Elenin came from the same direction the constellation of Leo is in. Also (I find this to be really weird) the discovery date of Elenin was on Dec. 10th, 2010, precisely 2 years and 11 days before Dec. 21st, 2012.
You could possibly look at it as 11:11, but that would be stretching it. Another thing that surprised me is a new movie coming out. I'll let the clip speak for itself...

Melancholia

(The release date for the movie Melancholia is May 26th. "Comet" Elenin will be closest to earth on September 26th)

Now I know the Sphinx's date of construction is still up for debate. But let's say it was built around 10,000 B.C. when it was facing its constellation (Leo) in the sky. What if when Comet Elenin passes us it triggers some sort of unveiling of the hidden secrets of the Sphinx. Elenin is supposed to have an orbital period of 11,830 years, so that would roughly put the date of creation of the Sphinx around 10,000 B.C.

Most of this is gotten from here...
camelotforum.com...

I honestly agree with what this person is saying. Comet Elenin and The Sphinx might have some sort of meaning together.

Watch this video too.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Um, the only thing this is missing is the most important thing...
They never say that the Egyptians predicted this to happen again, least of all in our lifetime. The video say that the Egyptians knew about the cycles. Why didn't they bother to leave a message regarding when the cycle would end/ begin again?

It's all interesting information, BUT there's not a single *expletive* piece of evidence linking Elenin to any of said information.
edit on 6-9-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I know the video doesn't speak about that. It wasn't meant to.

edit on 9/6/2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9
Apparently Comet Elenin came from the same direction the constellation of Leo is in.

That is incorrect.

The comet C/2010 X1 (Elenin) first appeared to be coming from the direction of the constellation Virgo and as it moves closer to the Sun, appears to be moving towards the constellation Leo.

You guys just continue to come out with total nonsense and post it as if it is the truth. Perhaps you should try Google and avoid sites like GLP and ATS where the untruths just get posted and posted, attrition style, until most people can't tell what is true anymore.

Deny ignorance and check your facts prior to posting.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Oh okay. Excuse me for my blatant ignorance. This thread should be closed then since an essential piece of it was proven wrong.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Apparently Comet Elenin came from the same direction the constellation of Leo is in.

False.
Check out the place where it was discovered, as described in the IAU telegram...
RA = 11 58 06.29
Dec = - 0 34 20.1
link

This is in Virgo.

Also (I find this to be really weird) the discovery date of Elenin was on Dec. 10th, 2010, precisely 2 years and 11 days before Dec. 21st, 2012.
You could possibly look at it as 11:11, but that would be stretching it.

I agree this would be a stretch, so we'll both agree to ignore it.

(The release date for the movie Melancholia is May 26th.

False.
Melancholia was first released at the Cannes Film Festival on 18 May.

Elenin is supposed to have an orbital period of 11,830 years,

False.
comet Elenin has an orbital period of at leasty 600000 years, but even this is a poor description since this is its first pass..

Watch this video too. ,

No, I wont.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Don't take it hard
your effort is still appreciated.
the video is very inspiring, and I always felt that there are many surprises still hidden in the pyramids. It's just that I can't see the connection with Elenin; that little skunk doesn't seem to want to do nothing impressive for us.

Only the time will tell, I guess.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
If you want to know the real truth about elenin,go to this site and read a little about it.
It is disintegrating as we speak.

As many readers already know, Comet Elenin has begun the irreversible process of breaking up. We spoke earlier about the probablility of such an outcome, but I considered it less than 50%. On the graph at left you can see a selection of ten comets that approach the Sun closer than 0.5 a.u. The red line shows the boundary, to the left of which, derived from J. Bortle’s formula, is the safe zone, but to the right is the zone of disintegration. The yellow color shows Comet Elenin, with absolute magnitude obtained by visual observations, and the blue is from JPL-NASA data. As we see, Bortle’s formula, all-in-all, doesn’t work too badly. Although there is a bright exception – the green triangle belongs to the unique comet 96P/Machholtz, about which I will speak next time.

spaceobs.org...

spaceobs.org...
edit on 6-9-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

reply to post by chr0naut

Oh okay. Excuse me for my blatant ignorance. This thread should be closed then since an essential piece of it was proven wrong.

Thank you for being non-troll and admitting that you made an error. In this way we can re-establish ATS as a trust-able source of information and opinion.

I myself have made errors in posts and have made every effort to rectify my omissions. It is a big thing to me, to ensure information is as true as we can make it, so again, thank you.

edit on 6/9/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
as i am person who is very afriad of comet elenin please someone very smart i would love it if you could tell me what you think of my reasons why i think i should stop worring about this...

first ill say what im afraid of.

first i was afraid comet elenin was a giant object (possibility planet or brown dwarf star) that would bring about doomsday on earth and kill many humans due to massive floods

ive read alot of zacharia stichens writings about aliens that come from nibiru, another planet in this system, and i always thought "if its true i dont care" but ever since hearing that this planet also brings destruction and death to earth thats when i became very scared

then i started to get skeptical because by now (september) if elenin was a giant object i would have expected it to be visible so close to the sun as it is

now i am still scared however i now am scared of this theory that the brown dwarf comes after elenin because ive seen some scary youtube videos showing/saying things that sparked this fear inside me.

for example i saw one youtube video saying "nibiru has tilted saturn", but then i searched on the internet and found people saying "no, saturn didnt tilt, it simply is viewed from a different perspective from eath all the time so sometimes its ringed appear to be tilted in a different direction but the truth is its simply earth thats in a different location causing it to be viewed that way"

however i realize something now.... i was only scared of elenin because there was so much proof elenin was real. its obviously real, and i thought "oh their hiding what it really is"

so the proof of elenin being real was what lead me to believe the youtube videos saying elenin is something else, and i got scared because of that

but now im realizing.... i was scared of elenin because of that and now im not scared of elenin because by september it was already supposed to do very bad things and be visible

and now that im not scared of elenin, i realize i still havnt really seen any proof of "the brown dwarf is coming after it"

i now realize that my 1 fear was leading to my second fear, but my second fear has no real proof/reason to afraid while my first fear did have some reasons to be suspicious

now i am starting to think more and more about why i shouldnt be afraid of the brown dwarf... im trying to think of it logically and heres what im coming up with

right now, my current fear is the "the dwarf is coming, maybe 1-2 years after elenin"

and im thinking rationally about it and the following reasons are why im starting to tell myself to stop fearing this

1) first of all, ive seen no proof of this yet. this fear was created by my previous fear, and my previous fear had some proof while this fear has no proof

2) my main fear of nibiru is that it will cause massive floods on earth. the youtube videos i saw said that the reason this happens is because the moon causes tides on earth and the youtube videos are saying elenins gravity is so powerful it will causes 1-2 mile high tides on earth that sweep across everything and kill/drown almost all humans

lets observe point 2. point 2 is my main "fear" of elenin, that it causes floods. however i realize something

the websites im reading say nibiru passes the inner solar system 3 times every 12000 years, and it says every 12000th year its the "big bad one" that causes the flood

but i realize something. if nibiru really does cause the extinction floods every 12,000 years, how is it possible around the world so many creatures are alive. i would think 12,000 years is not enough time for evolution to evolve all of these new animals.

for example, if the mile high tides are real, this this would mean nearly all animals die on earth EVERY 12000 years. if thats true, there shouldnt be all these lions and giraffs and elephants in africa, they should have all died from the countless passes of nibiru

think about it. over 5 million years nibiru should have caused hundreds or thousands of doomsday events. by now there should be almost no giant mammals alive in africa as 12000 years isnt enough time for new creatures to evolve into this much diversity as there is now

thats one thing thats calming me down

another thing thats calming me down is the fact that i told this to my science majors and they told me thats simply impossible because they said if some object with that much gravitational power came that close to the earth to cause tides that high, they told me such an object would have thrown the moon into a very non-circular orbit a long long time ago

my science major friends are telling me the fact that the moons orbit is so circular is proof that such a theory is impossible. they are telling me if that much gravitational power got that close to earth, with enough power to cause those tides, theres no way the moon could be orbiting the earth the way it does

also, my friends tell me
edit on 6-9-2011 by fibraz4jacked because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
also, my friends tell me if such an object exists and it comes through the inner solar system every ~4000 years, my friends tell me the planets could not have the highly circular orbits that they have. my science major friends tell me if such an object is real AND it comes so close to earth to cause disaster, theres no way the earth could have such a perfect near-circular orbit around the sun

basically my friends are telling me the earths orbit around the sun is also proof that no such object exists, or if it does exist theres no way it comes close enough to cause tides like that

so with that said. the "high global tides" are my main major fear from nibiru. but my science major friends are telling me the above things are proof no such high tides have ever happened on earth by such an object

how right are my science major friends about this??

also, other than those global high tides i have no fears of nibiru (if its real). im not afraid of earthquakes or normal tidal waves, im mostly afraid of this mythical gigantic flood

plase someone smart comment on this im still so scared of nibiru and i dont want this fear to be here anymore

unlike most fear mongerers i dont want niburu to be real. i do not wish the apocalypse happens

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kirsten Dunst Naked!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

No one is going to be easy on you here. This is a mystery. And there are clues.

Piece them together quickly or risk being "gob smacked" like the rest.

Look for a post by me about C Leonis and Nibiru. I will only be accepting replies by people with a HS diploma or GED or eligible for a GED.-------------------

top topics

join